mantis7
10-04-2004, 05:40 PM
has anyone ever head of these forms xiao fanche and lipiquan

cheers
victor

MantisifuFW
10-04-2004, 08:23 PM
mantis7,

Xiao Fanche and Lipi Quan are sets which are composed of mostly hard movements. Xiao Fanche being the companion of Da Fanche Quan. I personally do not teach Lipi Quan though it is an excellent fighting set. Because of its many complex movements I do not teach Xiao Fanche Quan until a more advanced level.

There is an excellent book on these sets by Lam Wing-kit. Should be easy to find on the internet.

Hope it helps,

Steve Cottrell

Shaolin Dude
10-04-2004, 09:59 PM
how does little fan cha start out?

mantis7
10-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Ahh yes that is where I saw the forms names. Thank you Mr. Cotrell for you assistance. I might just pick it up for my Mantis archives.

Cheers
Victor

18elders
10-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Master Shr just had a seminar teaching jong fan cha(middle fan ja). Nice set!!

MantisifuFW
10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
SD,

The set begins with the same movements as the Da Fanche Quan though it transistions quickly to movements quite unlike its sister set.

Hope it helps,

Steve Cottrell

Shaolin Dude
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't know how both fan che forms start out. I've never seen it

LawClansman
10-11-2004, 10:08 PM
FYI the Dai Fanche Kuen is on one of the Three videos that Lee Kam Wing / Inside kung fu/ Unique has out. I forgot which one but all three are pretty good. Not really for a beginner but a lot of material is covered (10 of the 14 roads, Black Tiger cross(Hak Fu Gow Cha), Bung Bo, Tow fa San two man set, Dai Fanche kuen plus drills and applicatons.)

Lam Wing Kit's book dipicts Dai Fanche, Siu Fanche and Lek Pek
(Mandarin: dafanche, Xiaofanche, lipiquan). The Fanche sets aer going to be most difficult to learn from a book because they turn
a few times to the side and are not straight back and forth (north and south) like many mantis sets. Anyway, his book is found at:
http://www.kungfumaster.com.hk

Siuhoimoon
10-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Is there any similarity between this Xiao Fanche (Siu Fan Cha) and the Wah Lum Little Fan Cha form?

Hua Lin Laoshi
10-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Other than the name there is no similarity from what I've seen.

FEELERSTRIKE
10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
I have never heard of the form Lipiquan , where does it come from and which style does it belong to .

EarthDragon
11-03-2004, 06:56 AM
wolfen, you asked......................What is a GOOD english translation for "fanche"
"turning wheel". Is that good?
"Little Turning Wheel"?

Xiaofanche = Small Rolling Wheel
Dafanche =Big Rolling Wheel
Lipi =Powercut
lanjie =Intercept