PDA

View Full Version : Body Weight Excercises

toykilla
10-05-2004, 11:57 AM
I dropped weight training for the most part and now am doing body weight excercises. However, I feel like I am not hitting everything and need some more excercises. (go easy on me, as I am just learning these)

Currently I am doing:

Pushups (flat, inclined, declined)
Hindu Pushups
Hindu Squats
Crunches
Stance training

I feel like this is covering ALOT of my body as most of it is sore, but i do think some areas are being missed.

Any help would be appreciated.

rubthebuddha
10-05-2004, 01:02 PM
pullups, lunges, pistols, etc.

norther practitioner
10-05-2004, 02:10 PM
mountain climbers, frog jumps, v-ups.....

there was this link, with this sick ass workout, almost all of it was bw...

abobo
10-05-2004, 02:36 PM
I thought of a few

pullups, leg raises, ice cream makers, rope climbing, handstands, v-ups, l-sits, sprinting, skipping, side lunges, box jumps, forward rolls to standing, shoulder rolls, backward rolls, bear walking, crab walking, dive bombers, burpees, star jumps, monkey bars, towel chin ups, reverse hypers off of a bunk bed, glute-ham raises under a heavy sofa, flexing in front of the mirror....

some are more challenging than others. Set some goals and pick a few that you like.

Toby
10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah, you could do with some back stuff. There are a few good-uns amongst those already posted, so pick your exercises.

Good to see you've got your biceps covered with all those pushups, though *wipes away a tear* :D.

bung bo
10-06-2004, 07:30 AM
dragon flags. your abs will be way strong after. pistols have made my legs super strong compared to before.

Mr Punch
10-06-2004, 08:29 AM
There's always trainforstrength.com but I think that's mostly covered already.

Just out of interest, why did you drop weight training?

norther practitioner
10-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah (http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout1.shtml)

I was talking about train for strengths workout 1

IronFist
10-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by toykilla
I dropped weight training for the most part and now am doing body weight excercises.

Why?

However, I feel like I am not hitting everything and need some more excercises.

You will find that without doing pullups, it is nearly impossible to work the back and biceps with bodyweight exercises.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Lotus had it covered...where is she anyway??!!

Serpent
10-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Fvck off, Kelvin. You are way beyond boring.

Toby
10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Serp, here's (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=533575#post533575) my theory.

Serpent
10-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Yep, just saw that. I think you're onto something! ;)

Idiots, the pair of them.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-06-2004, 11:40 PM
she had the qualifications over you before she was banned and running her down when she is not even present to defend herself does you no justice at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

according to what I have personally learnt here, bwe will workout any muscle group pending what exercise you actaully do.

Toby
10-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
she had the qualifications over you before she was banned and running her down when she is not even present to defend herself does you no justice at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!Calm down Eyebrows. We established that you don't have any real qualifications at all. After the diploma mill sends you your internet PhD you'll be able to brag that you do, but we all know that's gunna be a worthless degree.

according to what I have personally learnt here, bwe will workout any muscle group pending what exercise you actaully do. So by exercising a particular muscle group you'll be able to work that muscle group? Brilliant! Well done Eyebrows.

Serpent
10-07-2004, 12:46 AM
she had the qualifications over you before she was banned and running her down when she is not even present to defend herself does you no justice at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

according to what I have personally learnt here, bwe will workout any muscle group pending what exercise you actaully do.
You've learnt nothing here, Michelle, because you refuse to learn.

Fool.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-09-2004, 07:48 AM
I'm sure you would like to hold onto her memory, but the woman has left the building.

On the original question though, you might want to think about addingh calf raises ,tricep dips, and something for your back like some lower back extensions and also some good stretches. in fact I'm surprised no-one suggested it already .

Thank Jesus for the experts