PDA

View Full Version : sorry, let me clarify myself

ng mui rules
08-13-2001, 09:29 PM
ok, first off my reference to the "karate community" is just a distiction between the entire community of wing chun and the ideas, opinions, actions, and wins and loses, of the two. my speaking of the weakness in the wing chun communities present fighting ability is from looking at wing chun's participation in non proffetional tournaments. there is a lack of participation in these tournaments. such as general opent tournaments that occure in everyone's local areas put on by someone in their martial arts community. if wing chun is a superior system and the practitioners can perform under pressure then there should be a lot more participation in these tournaments. wing chun can addapt to any fighting competion, point, continuous, full contact. wing chun will work in them all, but i just don't see wing chun people entering any of the tree. someone mentioned some tournaments i had not heard of, MMA, NHA (i think). I would love to hear that wing chun community has not just colapsed inward and never competes and wins. forgive my ignorace, but i would like to hear more about these tournaments. about the defeat of the hong kong school of wing chun by the choy lay fut practioners, i did not mean one or two wing chun fighters being beaten and i did not mean the fight between cheung and bronztepe, it was a majority of the school. on the issue of the chi sau king being beaten, i did not mean any person in our present time. i don't know the name of the person. but im glad to hear that there is some sparring going on in the w.c. community. someone assumed a wrong piont about my competitive history. i have one the great lakes kung fu championships advanced teen divtion with first place 2 years ago, second place 3 years ago, and first place in the adult advanced divtion last year. in addtion to that i have one first place metal, 2 second, and 3 third, from tournament i can't recall the name of at this time. i also got first place in my sparring divition in an in house tornament at my school. I won first place in advanced chi sau at the last great lakes kung fu championships. My purpose in writing these posts was to try and call the wing chun community as i see it out of hiding and really put themselves on the line for thier honor and stop hiding behind lineage, the "w.c.'s too deadly attitude", and chi sau, and get back wing chun's and kung fu in generals reputaion. the japanese systems don't think highly of kung fu in general from my experiece. kung fu is THOUGHT of as a weak, too soft, ineffective, all show, way of doing martial arts. i know it is not and i want the rest of the world to know the true power of kung fu. with the rise in contemporany wushu and kung fu schools focusing more on forms than appication, i don't want the world to forget that all of us can still fight. about the invitation to sparr with another school, it sounds great if im ever in your area. so i hope i didn't get under anyone's skin too much. from now on i will be of a more positive perspective. if anyone wishes to email me my email is wingchun_kf_squirrel@hotmail.com.

whippinghand
08-14-2001, 06:37 AM
What does it matter what non WC people think of it. If you're confident with what you have, that's all that matters.