PDA

View Full Version : Protein intake.. shakes, bars?

JamesRaven
10-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey room, I was hoping someone could give me advice on the best way to supplement your protein intake. I went to a local health store today and bought a paint can sized container of protein shake for $20... which coincidentally tastes like vanilla flavored paint, the nutrition information label stated that each serving was 44% of the daily recommended protein. But, when I came home I looked at it closer and noticed that the label listed the number of servings per container as only being 10! So I'm supposed to drink 3 pounds of this powder and pay $20 every 10 days just for 44% of my daily protein.. that seems way to expensive. There must be a more effective (and less expensive) way to supplement your protein. I'd really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
James

bungle
10-06-2004, 04:38 AM
I'd only use it after a work out unless your going for some body building.

Protein is over rated i think.

There are some good deals though. In the uk there is a company called maxcimuscle who do a couple of awesome all in one after workout shakes and they taste good too.

Always try to get your minimum requirements from normal food and use supplements as supplements and not replacements. That's what i say anyway.

Toby
10-06-2004, 05:53 AM
Unfortunately, powder is the cheapest way to ingest protein. I'm gunna guess by your post you're in the U.S. There are a few guys here who'll help. I get mine in Oz from Myopure (http://www.myopure.com.au). The thing I like about their protein is that you don't pay for flavouring etc. You just get protein. You can then do what you want with it. I add milk and a bit of chocolate flavouring and it's not bad. Good prices there too - much cheaper than the "name" brands. Plus they sell bulk, although I haven't got one of their bulk packs yet. So my advice is, find somewhere that sells protein, not a "protein shake" or "protein supplement" mix. Make your own shakes and mixes and save big dollars.

Of course, I'd go with bungle's advice if I could afford it. Fish, egg whites, jerky, biltong, lean meats. Too expensive though. I go through 4kg == 8.8lb every 12 weeks. If I bought the equivalent in steak etc it'd cost a fortune. That's taking into account the purity of the protein vs the protein content in e.g. meat.

Oso
10-06-2004, 08:37 AM
tuna fish = .50/can = 26 grams of protein.

gets old though.

there are some new breads out that have soy in them if you don't mind soy protein. two slices of them and two tablespoons of peanut butter makes for about 20 grams.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-12-2004, 06:07 AM
The best ( most bio - available ans suitable for muscular recovery ) sources of protein enzymes ( so I've recently learned) are from milk album and egg album. An average egg has about 8-14 gms and 200 ml of low - no fat milk has about 12-16gms.

Toby
10-12-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
The best sources of protein enzymes are from milk album ...You mean like the protein found in ... whey powder? Wow, thanks Eyebrows! Oh yeah, I'll presume you meant "albumen", not "album".

An average egg has about 8-14 gms ...14g is one big egg. The average is closer to 6-7g for a large chicken egg.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-13-2004, 07:19 AM
and no the protein from whey is different again unless it's in isolate, and otherwise less bio - available

an egg of 6-7 gms of protein is tiny and you are wrong, but anyone can check their boxes at home and find out themselves. Anything less than 8 gms, is a tiny egg and a bad investment.

on that score though, unless you particularly need the potassium or cholesterol ( joke.........you'll rarely need that much cholesterol ) , the protein is in the white and the yellow is uneccessary.

I have no idea who died ( oh that's right, Ford, well left anyway :rolleyes: ) and when did you decided to take it upon yourself to try to fill his shoes anyway ??

Sorry matey, you're wrong again so back to school for you . and for Bl always being wrong, you never tell the whole truth, you're rarely objective and always stand on your little perch shouting your own praises, ( You and your friend! ) and why is it anyway, that the first round of discussions you appeared here on these boards , she proved you wrong on how many occassions??
Nice to have selective memory now isn't it Toby .

Ford and BL didn't always agree, but at least he appreciated her commitment and that she had different methods., and even said that she was like him only younger and fml. Considering how you all kissed his as*, I think that's a mighty nice compliment.

MantisFistMonk
10-13-2004, 07:34 AM
It's like a great big drama play spread out across the board and forced into threads of all topics!

*sits back popping popcorn*

Where will this crazy adventure take us next!

*sips soda*

Toby
10-13-2004, 07:48 AM
an egg of 6-7 gms of protein is tiny and you are wrong, but anyone can check their boxes at home and find out themselves. Anything less than 8 gms, is a tiny egg and a bad investment.I just checked. 13.2g of protein per 100g of egg. Problem is, the whole box is 700g and there are 12 eggs. Which makes it about 7.5g protein per egg. And these are marketed as "extra large" eggs. Here are the first (http://www.mbegg.mb.ca/nutrition.html) two (http://www.enc-online.org/eggnutr.htm) relevant links that I found on egg protein content. Both back me up. Any links to back up your assertion? Lets see how many people check their own egg cartons and how many agree with you. I'll put money on none. OTOH, I'll put money on all agreeing with me that the protein content of an egg is around 6-7g.

... the protein is in the white and the yellow is uneccessary.The second of the above links shows that about 44% of the protein in an egg is contained in the yolk.

I have no ideaFinally we agree on something.

Sorry matey, you're wrong again so back to school for you . and for Bl always being wrong, you never tell the whole truth ... The whole truth is as above. 6-7g. I provided links to reference my assertion. Like one would in school.

... why is it anyway, that the first round of discussions you appeared here on these boards , she proved you wrong on how many occassions??Who cares? If I'm wrong I'll admit it. But I rarely am ;). OTOH I can post links where I categorically proved you wrong and you refused to accept the truth. *Cough* *Apostrophe* *Cough*

Ready to admit you're wrong on the egg protein content yet?

Serpent
10-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Michelle, stop using Ego's account and talking about yourself in the third person. You're fooling no-one.

Toby is correct on all counts with the egg protein thing and you (once again) are totally wrong. If you are sure you're correct then provide some links to back up your argument as Toby has done.

And as for the yolk being unneccessary, this is a common misconception. While the majority of the protein is in the egg white, there are enzymes in the yolk which make the proteins bio-available to the body. If you eat the whites without the yolk you will process very little of the protien. An egg white omlette, for example, should contain at least one yolk to make the protein available.

Are you learning yet?

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-13-2004, 10:59 PM
as far as eggs, yes one or two yolks is okay, but any moreand it getting crazy!! I can't see the point in your toby backing, but it doesn't matter , because as long as anyone outnumbered has an alternative perspective, you're so far up his as* , little else anyone else says to contrary, will get you licking each others butt deeper and sweeter regardless!!!

you should listen up some times!

Toby
10-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Eyebrows, the average egg has 6-7g of protein. Not 14g. I provided links as evidence. I'm not arguing because I hate you, I'm just correcting your mistake. If you have evidence to suggest eggs have 14g of protein, then post it and I'll stand corrected. Otherwise, go off on another drunken rant because that'll get people listening to you.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-13-2004, 11:21 PM
still named Ego, but in the states most of our eggs have up to 14gs protein

you need to find a better deal on your eggs!!!.

Toby
10-13-2004, 11:51 PM
still named Ego, but in the states most of our eggs have up to 14gs proteinYou can stop lying now. I've proved you're wrong - it's OK to admit you're stupid. In case you need more evidence, here's (http://www.enc-online.org/eggnutr.htm) information from the Egg Nutrition Center based in Washington DC. Here's (http://www.aeb.org/food/nutrient.html) an American Egg Board link, based in Illinois. Here's (http://www.nutritionandeggs.co.uk/eggs_nutrition/nutrition1.html) the British Egg Information Service website, run by the British Egg Industry Council. Here's (http://www.eggs.ca/nutrition/health/egg_whatsin.asp) the Canadian Egg Marketing Agency nutrition information. Here's (http://www.georgiaeggs.org/pages/nutri.html) nutritional information from the Georgia Egg Commission. Here's (http://www.eggs.ab.ca/about/eggnutrition.htm) the Alberta Egg Producers info. Hmm, I'm sensing a pattern ...

you need to find a better deal on your eggs!!!. I eat eggs because I like the taste of them. My protein mostly comes from powder, milk and meat. I couldn't care less how much protein is in eggs. I'm just posting because I like exposing your mistakes.

You should know better than to argue with me by now. If you make mistakes, I'll find them ;).

Serpent
10-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Come on, Michelle. Just once, admit you're wrong!

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 07:04 AM
:rolleyes: at insisting I'm her to begin with, but to move along:

some good links and a few dodgy / less credible pieces of information. It's interesting to read that apparently the USA and Australia both have different dtandards on what size egg actuually constitues a large. Good site from ENC, although I think if you check your noxes at home, particularly the 'no frills " labels , you'll find that it's different to what's on the sites you posted. Let us know how you go with that. ;)

Toby
10-14-2004, 07:33 AM
... I think if you check your noxes at home, particularly the 'no frills " labels , you'll find that it's different to what's on the sites you posted. Let us know how you go with that. ;) I posted yesterday that I checked my egg "nox". It gave 13.2g protein/100g egg which worked out to about 7.5g protein/egg for extra large eggs. Why are any of those sites dodgy? All seem to be the major egg marketing and/or information organisations in their states or countries. Have you found any information about 14g protein/egg yet Eyebrows? If so, post it.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 07:39 AM
I don't have any online rescoures at the moment for this, but I have friends in Australia so I'll ask them.

what about differences in organic and free range etc ?? Is there one??

Toby
10-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm sure there are differences. E.g. my egg nox was for extra large eggs. Each egg minimum 59g. Brand was "Savings" - a Coles generic brand. Cage eggs. You can get all sorts of sizes - mine were towards the upper end of the scale. So it's conceivable that a small egg might have closer to the 6g mark. But 14g is almost double my extra large egg amount. Organic, free range, whatever - I'm pretty sure you won't get 14g.

an egg of 6-7 gms of protein is tiny and you are wrong, but anyone can check their boxes at home and find out themselves. Anything less than 8 gms, is a tiny egg and a bad investment.Ready to retract this yet?

... 200 ml of low - no fat milk has about 12-16gms. I checked this too :p. My Pura Tone (which I've linked before you'll remember) has 4.6g protein/100ml. So 12-16g is a bit much :D.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Toby,

I don't see why you're so wound up about the weight of an egg. Maybe eggs that are lighter are priced proportionally less than eggs that are heavier. For the same amount of cash, you can buy the equivalent mass of eggs.

If not, (ie. the price of all eggs are constant) than I suggest you weigh each egg and buy the heaviest. Hope this makes you happy and satisfy your perdantic nature :(

MoreMisfortune
10-14-2004, 09:45 AM
hello forum :)
can somebody tell me what a "gms" is?
i only know what a "g" is, but "gms" must be some new thing in america or something? you are from america, arent you? tell me more about "gms" :)

MoreMisfortune
10-14-2004, 09:52 AM
hello again forum :)
forgot to add, i really like yogurt, do you have yogurt there in america? :)
my yogurt has 8 or 10g protein depending on the flavour :)
i like my yogurt a lot, and it has no fat, its really nice :)

MasterKiller
10-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
hello again forum :)
forgot to add, i really like yogurt, do you have yogurt there in america? :)
my yogurt has 8 or 10g protein depending on the flavour :)
i like my yogurt a lot, and it has no fat, its really nice :) It's spelled s-p-e-r-m, not y-o-g-u-r-t.

MoreMisfortune
10-14-2004, 12:26 PM
are you being hostile to me Misterkiller? :)
nah, you are probably joking since you are a very good friend to me :)
its fun to joke with friends :)
its fun to have Misterkiller as my friend :)

Toby
10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
I don't see why you're so wound up about the weight of an egg.You miss the point - I couldn't care less. I like arguing with Eyebrows though, and even moreso when she tries to tell me I'm wrong. Just laying down some facts for her.

Maybe eggs that are lighter are priced proportionally less than eggs that are heavier. For the same amount of cash, you can buy the equivalent mass of eggs.

If not, (ie. the price of all eggs are constant) than I suggest you weigh each egg and buy the heaviest.Who cares? I rarely eat eggs anyway. It was all about the correct (see above). Eyebrows was wrong. You can twist your argument as much as you like and she's still wrong.

Toby
10-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Xebs, I was gunna say I liked y-o-g-h-u-r-t too until MK's post :( :D.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Toby
You miss the point - I couldn't care less. I like arguing with Eyebrows though, and even moreso when she tries to tell me I'm wrong. Just laying down some facts for her.
Who cares? I rarely eat eggs anyway. It was all about the correct (see above). Eyebrows was wrong. You can twist your argument as much as you like and she's still wrong.

I have personally eaten eggs of 14 gms ( grams ;) ) per unit.( maybe woolworths / bilo brand which we all know is better than coles anyway!! ) If you check out physical no fat ( light blue label) , I think you'll find a 200ml serve provides about 12 gms of protein. If you want to ignore the facts, it's your business.

Ps: you're wrong! :p

CaptinPickAxe
10-14-2004, 07:43 PM
So.....

When is Ego gonna be banned? I guess I can rest easy knowing that if I get banned I can get MeatShake's password and post as him...What would we do without loop holes?

CaptinPickAxe
10-14-2004, 07:46 PM
wait a minute...

Maybe I am MeatShake...:confused:

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 07:46 PM
shifty is shifty, and there's always a new account to create but some follks just don't play that way. Legit or nothing!

CaptinPickAxe
10-14-2004, 07:47 PM
retard

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 07:52 PM
honest enough to be secure with what ever I have = retard??

well alrighty ;) :rolleyes:

spaz!!

Toby
10-14-2004, 08:09 PM
*Sigh* You just love setting yourself up for a fall, don't you Eyebrows?

I have personally eaten eggs of 14 gms ( grams ;) ) per unit.( maybe woolworths / bilo brand which we all know is better than coles anyway!! )Based on your post history I don't believe you without evidence. Especially when I can't find a single link with anywhere near that amount. In all fairness, I believe that you believe yourself. However, I think you got 14% confused with 14g - as I've said twice already my eggs were 13.2g/100g protein, but each egg had about 7.5g protein. Do you understand? I think you were just confused (but it's fun calling you on your mistakes anyway). Oh, BTW, I didn't know they had Woolworths and Bilo in New Jersey, Ego? :rolleyes:

If you check out physical no fat ( light blue label) , I think you'll find a 200ml serve provides about 12 gms of protein. If you want to ignore the facts, it's your business.I won't ignore any facts you post. But you're yet to post any. Here are some facts for you:

Pura Tone - 4.6g (http://www.natfoods.com.au/media/pdf/nips/Pura_Tone_NIP.pdf)
Pura Light Start - 4.4g (http://www.natfoods.com.au/for_consumers/great_brands/Pura_Light_Start.stm).
Pura Milk - 4.1g (http://www.natfoods.com.au/media/pdf/nips/Pura_Milk_NIP.pdf)
Pura Boost - 4.2g (http://www.natfoods.com.au/media/pdf/nips/Pura_Boost_NIP.pdf)
Pura Gold - 3.2g (http://www.natfoods.com.au/media/pdf/nips/Pura_Boost_NIP.pdf)
Canadian milk - 3.5 or 3.6% (http://www.milkingredients.ca/DCP/article_e.asp?catid=145&page=208)
University of Pennsylvannia - 3.0% in Holstein cow milk (http://cahpwww.vet.upenn.edu/mun/milk_protein.html)
Weightlossforall - 3.2-3.3g (http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-milk.htm)

But the problem was, I couldn't find your oft-vaunted Physic ... oh wait, there (http://www.pauls.com.au/products/brands_details.cfm?/section/2/cid/1/pid/6/) it is. Now being a Qld girl, you'd be getting the 5.2g No Fat version I guess. Pretty impressive compared to all the other milks I listed. It's even almost the 12g/200ml that you just posted - I'd almost give you that little exaggeration. But not quite the 6-8% that you mentioned earlier is it?

Oh, and I found another egg link (http://www.annecollins.com/protein_diet/protein-eggs.htm) for your enjoyment.

Ps: you're wrong! :pUh-huh :rolleyes:. Me and all the links I've posted are wrong again.

Ahh, it's fun watching you crash and burn ...

Toby
10-14-2004, 08:11 PM
shifty is shifty, and there's always a new account to create but some follks just don't play that way. Legit or nothing! So it's shifty to create a new valid account and post under that name, but it's fine and legitimate to post under another person's account? :confused: Nice logicising Eyebrows :rolleyes:.

Toby
10-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
wait a minute...

Maybe I am MeatShake...:confused: You're the only one who's :confused:. C'mon, you both come from SA, you both do shuai chiao - we've all put the pieces together ...

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-14-2004, 08:29 PM
according to your physical link the protein intake is 10.6 per 200mls , 12.75 for 250ml. over 25 gms for 2 glasses, and add a scoop of protein or two large as*ed egg whites , and there son is a good recovery intake.

I have travelled and even to Australia and I am familiar with some Aus nutrition, specially after talking to Lotus.

do a search on woolworths shelf/ stocking egg brands and protein content per unit, then get back to us.
guess some folks just shop for quality. ;)

Ps: I think if you all let up on her a bit, and freed up some of her time wasted just getting back on topic, you'd probably even get the links you needed as you always do and have when she gets a moment. She sends them to me!!??:confused:

Toby
10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Roflmao @ Eyebrows concentrating hard trying to pretend to be Kelvin!

according to your physical link the protein intake is 10.6 per 200mls , 12.75 for 250ml.Ohhhh, so you were right all along!? O.K. I thought you'd posted:
... 200 ml of low - no fat milk has about 12-16gms.When really you'd posted "250ml of a particularly high protein milk that has more protein than almost every other milk around has about 13g protein". Silly me. Now I know this next bit is really pedantic, but both the link and I said that your milk has 5.2g/100ml, therefore 10.4g/200ml not 10.6g. Petty, yes, but it's just another example of your crappy comprehension skills that always get you into trouble.

do a search on woolworths shelf/ stocking egg brands and protein content per unit, then get back to us.
guess some folks just shop for quality. ;)I searched but couldn't find any online info. How convenient for you. I may just duck into a Woolworths this weekend, just because it's fun ****ing you off. Just think, all this time Woolworths eggs have had up to twice as much protein as any other egg anywhere in the world! They must have magic chickens!

... you'd probably even get the links you needed as you always do and have when she gets a moment.Bwahaha! You've never posted links to back up anything Eyebrows! Rofl! Once you PM'd some sort of information to Serp, but we ripped that to shreds - you see, you'd forgotten to read it first.

Buddy
10-14-2004, 08:54 PM
"Ps: I think if you all let up on her a bit, and freed up some of her time wasted just getting back on topic, you'd probably even get the links you needed as you always do and have when she gets a moment. She sends them to me!!??"

Think of what she could do if she/you just stopped posting altogether. Then.. now wait a minute...if she/you just did the right thing and swallowed a .38 everyone would have enough time to do everything. Kelvin, I really doubt Blowme did ANY shaolin. And I know your history is made up to impress me. Maybe you could channel her long enough to list the sets she learned. But she didn't do anything did she/you.

Toby
10-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Buddy, it's still Eyebrows ;).

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Silly me. Now I know this next bit is really pedantic, but both the link and I said that your milk has 5.2g/100ml, therefore 10.4g/200ml not 10.6g. Petty, yes, but it's just another example of your crappy comprehension skills that always get you into trouble.
I

speaking of crappy reading comprehension skill, if you look at the no-fat vic quantity for protein, it is in fact 5.3......... pedantic of me I know but :rolleyes:

Look fwd to your shopping results

Toby
10-15-2004, 01:55 AM
... being a Qld girl, you'd be getting the 5.2g No Fat version I guess.Unless the Qld variety isn't sold in Qld and they ship the Vic milk up to Qld instead?

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 02:23 AM
it's beside the point.

Ps: think B left something for you at russbo.

Toby
10-15-2004, 02:41 AM
it's beside the point.Actually, it was directly related to the point you just made.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 02:48 AM
no what's directly related Toby, is for all of your advice and expertise , you have more adipose than either myself nor bl has ever had. and give no " but I'm three yrs older "shyte , because I'm older than you are and the tummy tells what the mouth won't.

you know and we know, we have ( particularly BL ) been as nice and generous ( granting back intraperonal face where ever the hell we could, despite your nasty insecure remarks ) with you and every freakin one else for that matterr, as any matyre would ever be.

still waiting for your shopping results.

Ps: I know BL has posted ubteen respectable links, cause I sent her half of them myself, and the half is why I follow her.

Toby
10-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Actually, that's directly unrelated to anything. But yeah, I'll give it to you. It's not hard to have more adipose tissue than you Eyebrows. Anorexia does that to a person. As to Kelvin - it's been a long time since I looked at his Transformers website. Dunno how fat he is. All that jumping around in Star Wars and Transformers gear might keep him lean - dunno.

still waiting for your shopping results. Still waiting for the vaguest hint of evidence to support any of your views. It's funny that you're waiting for me to produce evidence to confirm or deny your assertions. The usual way it works is you make an assertion and back it up with evidence yourself. Well, the usual way for a normal educated person, not the usual way for you Eyebrows.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 02:58 AM
Bl is the within 2 kgs on any day of the world champ in her weight division. She's older, harder, meaner and faster. If you really believe half of what you say on it, you're an ingnorant egg yourself.

Toby
10-15-2004, 03:00 AM
... matyre ...Matyre? You mean like the ones on macar?

Ps: I know BL has posted ubteen respectable links, cause I sent her half of them myself, and the half is why I follow her. Crap. Eyebrows, you've never posted links to support any of your views. Unless they've all <spooky music>mysteriously disappeared</spooky music>. This is the pretty much the sole reason why people come down on you so hard - you're the ubiquitous boy-who-cried-wolf. You repeatedly say all these wrong things and never back them up.

Toby
10-15-2004, 03:01 AM
...you're an ingnorant egg yourself. An egg with 6g of protein or 14g? Hopefully I'm one of those fancy Woolworths ones.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 03:07 AM
:confused: :mad: :p :mad:

ps: while you're there check the generic labels, you'll be surprised . don't ask me why , but I read labels on EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! ( btw : never do a shop with me or we could end up spending hrs........ and that's before we even get to milk section!!! :P ) Sometimes homebrand really is a better choice........

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 03:09 AM
Matyre? You mean like the ones on macar?
Crap. Eyebrows, you've never posted links to support any of your views. Unless they've all <spooky music>mysteriously disappeared</spooky music>. This is the pretty much the sole reason why people come down on you so hard - you're the ubiquitous boy-who-cried-wolf. You repeatedly say all these wrong things and never back them up.

she has been providing links almost all the way through, but in your hurry to have a b*tch fight, you neglect to take notes.

wanna pull her profile and see "other posts by this member"...........oh.that's right....she 's not a member anymore :( :rolleyes: :p

Ps: the ONLY wrong or unkind intentioned thing she ever did here was out gene on his penchant!!!

Now look what you made me say!! :eek: :(

SevenStar
10-15-2004, 03:40 AM
she has been providing links almost all the way through, but in your hurry to have a b*tch fight, you neglect to take notes.

please have "her" send me the link that proves ng mui created dim mak...

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-15-2004, 04:12 AM
she told you that she found it through kaazar under wc history ; but as kaazar chops , swaps and changes its listings so often, you can look today for something you found yesterday and have it dissappear before you've had a chance to pull the download.

I'm sure "she'd" love to help you out, but all "I" can suggest is you try the search every now and now and then and get back to us when you find something.

cheers sevenstar

try another engine maybe???

Anyone have a suggestion of a good database network??

Ps: and lol... what were we saying about protein???

Buddy
10-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Ng Mui? A fictional character. Just like Eggo and Bloome's skill. Although neither have any character.

"and lol... what were we saying about protein"

It's that stuff you chug while playing the skin flute.

CaptinPickAxe
10-15-2004, 05:43 AM
You're the only one who's . C'mon, you both come from SA, you both do shuai chiao - we've all put the pieces together ...

wow...
You're a regular super-sleuth there, man. Its funny when you share a few similarities instantly I am that person. If thats the case, then you must be a meteorologist....cause your wrong.

Anyways, if you don't belive me just as a mod to run an IP check on me and shake. I'm sure they'll validate my existance.

Toby
10-15-2004, 06:38 AM
No, no. I don't need any checks. I'm pretty sure you're the Brad Pitt to his Edward Norton. Maybe you don't know it yourself?

Maybe I should've used some emoticons ...

CaptinPickAxe
10-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Maybe you're right. Maybe I've smoked myself into schizophrenia and now my best friend is a figment of my imagaination...wicked concept, really.

Its alright though. I can use my 'non-exsistance' to my advantage.;)

SOMEBODY PROVE I EXSIST!

Toby
10-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Its alright though. I can use my 'non-exsistance' to my advantage.;)*Shrug* Works for Ego. He's got everyone believing that half the time he's Eyebrows ;).

CaptinPickAxe
10-15-2004, 07:03 PM
*Laughs maniacally at the thought of the damage CPA can do to MeatShakes reputation*

Revenge at last:D

Toby
10-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Reputation? What reputation? :D

Toby
10-16-2004, 06:13 AM
no what's directly related Toby, is for all of your advice and expertise , you have more adipose than either myself nor bl has ever had. and give no " but I'm three yrs older "shyte , because I'm older than you are and the tummy tells what the mouth won't.Oh Eyebrows, while I was exposing one of Kelvin's lies on the dim mak thread (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32102), I came across another contradiction (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=147545#post147545). So 350lb Ego has less "adipose" than me? Uh-huh. That's almost double my current weight.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Toby,

That was many years ago, though I'm still a big man, I'm not that big anymore. BL's heath tips would help trim me down further.

BTW, I'm not Eyebrows or Kelvin. Name is Ego.

IronFist
10-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Man this thread has gotten crazy.

Ok let's get to some facts:

1. Eggs don't have 14g of protein. Wait, let me rephrase that. Eggs might, like if you had two of them, but one egg doesn't.

2. You said your protein had a % of the recommended daily value. They're probably going off of a recommneded value of 60g, which is not enough for athletes. 60g is what was determined to be the right amout a long time ago for sedentary adults, not for athletes.

3. As a general rule, if you're trying to build muscle naturally (without drugs), eating 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day is good. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you would try to eat about 150g of protein per day. For all you communist metric users (like Toby :p), that's 1g of protein per 0.45359237 kg, which would mean if you weigh 68kg you would need about 150g of protein per day.

4. Until you start getting into needing a lot of protein, you really don't need protein shakes too much. An average chicken breast has 30-40g of protein, for example, so you can see how it wouldn't be too hard to get 150g from regular food. And milk is 1g per ounce, so an 8 ounce glass has about 8g of protein.

5. Only really count protein from meat (and milk) sources. Beans will say they have protein on the label, but it's most likely an incomplete protein which means if you don't eat it with the right other stuff (like rice, for example), you're not going to get the protein from it. So I just count meat and then anything else you get is extra.

Post what your goals are, how much you weigh, how old you are, etc., in a new thread and we'll help you.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-17-2004, 01:52 AM
firtly , still waiting for Tobys shopping results. AS for the 14 gm of protein egg unit, I can assure you they exist and as with the milk, different brands and labels of those brands ( like physical full fat milk vs no fat, and further pending where you buy it ) all have varying quantities. There are exceptions to the "usual " standards of what has what, especially given the nature of todays food technology industry.

The intake you recommend above is, I think a good min standard to shoot for in your building, pending the rest of your dietary plan to at what ratio and point you should max to. Bl at times herself has said on her 46 - 48 kgs she took up to 4-6 serves of anywhere from 26 or so grams up to 1gm/ per kg of bw + 10 ish. I think it's unfair to say she was wrong and bear in mind, when she was advocating the higher serves, it was when she was on her up to 12 hrs per day training regime after many yrs of pre-conditioning. Think about it.

Vash
10-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Eyebrows:

Even with Kelvin's help, your voice is clear when you post.

As an aside, IronFist has taken the correct and forced it to drink a combination of Nitro-Tech and Cell-Tech.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-17-2004, 08:26 AM
bu dong

we just or rather ...I just post what I know ;) :P :) :rolleyes: :cool: :D

again but in English??? Vash ??? I. ego am a hunny in her exclusive books and I like it.!!

;)

Ps: she tells me if she were 20 , you'd be top of her bonk list ;) :P

Buddy
10-17-2004, 10:47 AM
I bet bloomie would snowball for you, Kelvin.

CaptinPickAxe
10-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Ego is a feltcher...

I hope you get herpes of the mouth.

BL's **** near ready to be the next candidate for Darwinsim...Please, do not respawn again. I can't bare the thought of more ****-ups like yourself.

CaptinPickAxe
10-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Ego is a feltcher...

I hope you get herpes of the mouth.

BL's **** near ready to be the next candidate for Darwinsim...Please, do not respawn again. The world can't handle more ****-ups like yourself.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
you all just bite too easily.

but back to protein and waiting for Tobys "protein from Each woolworths stocked brand comparrison. "

CaptinPickAxe
10-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey, so how do you feel about your victory over your archnemesis Cerebus BL/Eggo?

You're feeling the high aren't you...well, too bad the next thing to come is severe depression. Hide all your guns...

Serpent
10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
AS for the 14 gm of protein egg unit, I can assure you they exist
No, Michelle, they don't. You'd need a big fvcking egg (over 100g) to get close to that protein level from it.

Serpent
10-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey, so how do you feel about your victory over your archnemesis Cerebus BL/Eggo?

You're feeling the high aren't you...well, too bad the next thing to come is severe depression. Hide all your guns...
What victory was that then?

CaptinPickAxe
10-17-2004, 06:36 PM
sorry, I should of inserted <sarcasm>

I guess the internet shows no emotion...

Buddy
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
S'cool. I'll relay the message when Kerwin goes down. (heh heh he goes down)

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
No, Michelle, they don't. You'd need a big fvcking egg (over 100g) to get close to that protein level from it.

still named Ego to begin with and you are wrong Serpent! I know they are on their shelves because when I was there it was my staple source!

Ps: when any situation turns so sour, it's a hardly a victory no matter the outcome.

and if you can stop exaggerating and flick back, I said anywhere from 8 - 14 gms per unit.

Serpent
10-17-2004, 07:18 PM
No, Michelle, you are not Ego and you not correct. The proof against your argument has been provided. Now it's your turn to provide proof of your claims.

But of course, you won't...

IronFist
10-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Maybe on ostrich egg has 14g of protein.

Serpent
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Or a croc egg. ;)

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-17-2004, 10:30 PM
no one has provided any such proof at all.

Firstly, the links and information you and Toby provided did NOT concur fully whith what Ironfist posted ( who btw, I consider to have more information and better demeanor of distibuting it than the pair of you) and who gives a toss where the tiramassu came from. As you know ( or should ), there are certain food combinations ( like the sugar / protein / with or without fat ) that are perfectly acceptable for healthly eating, and like the high carb/ fat or dry carb and sugar combination is something that weight reduction dieters should advoid.

What has been demonstrated in the links in this thread, is that different brands have different quanities of any given aspect.

Look on your shelves for extra large egg protein content and you should find fairly easily anything Up To 11-12 gms ( which is close enough and still a reasonable amount , at least enough to throw 4 in some milk( which the lucky dogs buying physical no fat in Victoria are getting nearly 13 gms of protein from per 200 - 250 ml serve) and consider your self nourished and replenished post workout). The 14 gm egg was a terrific find and if you do the math according to the table you provided, it may work out alot more feasible than your exaggerations and small minded preconceptions of my honesty and adeptness will allow you to publically admit.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
Man this thread has gotten crazy.

Ok let's get to some facts:
2. You said your protein had a % of the recommended daily value. They're probably going off of a recommneded value of 60g, which is not enough for athletes. 60g is what was determined to be the right amout a long time ago for sedentary adults, not for athletes.

I hope this was addressed to Toby, because it certainly wasn't me who said it.

Serpent
10-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Look on your shelves for extra large egg protein content and you should find fairly easily anything Up To 11-12 gms ( which is close enough and still a reasonable amount , at least enough to throw 4 in some milk( which the lucky dogs buying physical no fat in Victoria are getting nearly 13 gms of protein from per 200 - 250 ml serve) and consider your self nourished and replenished post workout). The 14 gm egg was a terrific find and if you do the math according to the table you provided, it may work out alot more feasible than your exaggerations and small minded preconceptions of my honesty and adeptness will allow you to publically admit.
For gawd's sake, Michelle (and don't pretend to be Ego) why can't you accept that you're wrong?

From the USDA Health Tech Nutritional analysis software:

100g of raw eggs = 12.5g protein

You are talking about a bloody big egg if you think you can fairly easily find 11-12g of protein in one egg. That would be close to a 100g egg.

The same software lists an Extra Large Egg at 7.3g of protein.

In fact, here's the whole breakdown for you:

Nutritional Data for 100 grams of EGGS; CHICKEN, WHOLE, RAW, FRESH, AND FROZEN

Mean value per 100.00 grams edible part; 15.0% refuse
Portions: 1 LRG EGG = 50.00 gm, 1 C = 243.00 gm
61.9% Cals from fat, 35.1% Cals from protein, 3.1% Cals from carbs.

Male Female
Name Unit Amount %RDA %RDA
Food energy KCal: 149.000 5.1% 6.8%
Protein Gms : 12.490 19.8% 25.0%
Total lipid (fat) Gms : 10.020 10.4% 13.7%
Carbohydrate, by diff. Gms : 1.220 0.3% 0.4%
Total saturated fat Gms : 3.100 9.6% 12.7%
Ttl monounsaturated fat Gms : 3.809
Ttl polyunsaturated fat Gms : 1.364
Cholesterol Mg : 425.000 141.7% 141.7%
Sodium Mg : 126.000 25.2% 25.2%
Total dietary fiber Gms : 0.000 0.0% 0.0%
Vitamin A Re : 191.000 19.1% 23.9%
Vitamin A IU : 635.000
Ascorbic acid Mg : 0.000 0.0% 0.0%
Thiamin Mg : 0.062 4.1% 5.6%
Riboflavin Mg : 0.508 29.9% 39.1%
Niacin Mg : 0.073 0.4% 0.5%
Vitamin B6 Mg : 0.139 7.0% 8.7%
Folacin Mcg : 47.000 23.5% 26.1%
Vitamin B12 Mcg : 1.000 50.0% 50.0%
Potassium Mg : 121.000 6.0% 6.0%
Calcium Mg : 49.000 6.1% 6.1%
Phosphorus Mg : 178.000 22.2% 22.2%
Magnesium Mg : 10.000 2.9% 3.6%
Iron Mg : 1.440 14.4% 9.6%
Zinc Mg : 1.100 7.3% 9.2%
Pantothenic acid Mg : 1.255 25.1% 25.1%
Copper Mg : 0.014 0.7% 0.7%
Manganese Mg : 0.024 0.7% 0.7%
Ash Gms : 0.940
Water Gms : 75.330
Food energy KJ : 625.000
Caprylic acid (8:0) Gms : 0.003
Capric acid (10:0) Gms : 0.003
Lauric acid (12:0) Gms : 0.003
Myristic acid (14:0) Gms : 0.034
Pentadecanoic (15:0) Gms : 0.004
Palmitic acid (16:0) Gms : 2.226
Heptadecanoic (17:0) Gms : 0.017
Stearic acid (18:0) Gms : 0.784
Arachidic acid(20:0) Gms : 0.010
Behenic acid (22:0) Gms : 0.012
Lignoceric acid(24:0) Gms : 0.003
Myristoleic acid(14:1) Gms : 0.008
Palmitoleic acid(16:1) Gms : 0.298
Oleic acid (18:1) Gms : 3.473
Gadoleic acid (20:1) Gms : 0.028
Docosenoic acid (22:1) Gms : 0.003
Linoleic acid (18:2/n6) Gms : 1.148 17.9% 23.4%
Linolenic acid(18:3/n3) Gms : 0.033 2.1% 2.8%
Eicosatetraenoic(20:4) Gms : 0.142
Eicosapentaenoic(20:5n3)Gms : 0.004
Docosahexaenoic (22:6n3)Gms : 0.037
Histidine Gms : 0.296 31.2% 38.9%
Isoleucine Gms : 0.682 86.3% 108.3%
Leucine Gms : 1.067 96.1% 121.2%
Lysine Gms : 0.897 94.4% 118.0%
Methionine Gms : 0.390
Cystine Gms : 0.290
Methionine+Cystine Gms : 0.680 66.0% 82.9%
Phenylalanine Gms : 0.664
Tyrosine Gms : 0.510
Phenylalanine+Tyrosine Gms : 1.174 105.8% 133.4%
Threonine Gms : 0.600 109.1% 68.2%
Tryptophan Gms : 0.152 54.3% 69.1%
Valine Gms : 0.761 96.3% 120.8%
Arginine Gms : 0.749
Alanine Gms : 0.696
Aspartic acid Gms : 1.255
Glutamic acid Gms : 1.633
Glycine Gms : 0.420
@Y: 0.498
Serine Gms : 0.929
Protein Score: 100, 37% ideal. EAA score: 1.57.
Limiting Amino Acid: Histidine

Go here (http://cgi.fatfree.com/cgi-bin/fatfree/usda/usda.cgi) and do your own search.

Now YOU provide some proof that this is wrong and that you are right. Of course, you won't because:

a. You never do;
b. You're wrong, therefore no such proof exists.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-18-2004, 08:46 AM
a. love to

B. can't open the link

C. did you see your local woolys yet??

D. not Michelle ....Ego

I'm not wrong Serpant, and if I have to argue about this with you until we are both grey and droooling into our meds....so be it! Maybe by then I'd even deliver the box in person. If you are sincerely interested in the correct, go to woolys , check it out and get back to us! ;)

:P

Serpent
10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
You are not Ego and you are wrong.

Why would Woolly's have some magical high protein egg not known anywhere else in the world? Anyway, next time I pass one, I'll go in just to humour you.

Toby
10-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Why should we care what Woolworths has anyway? In this (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=535951#post535951) post and this (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=536020#post536020) post, you claimed that
... in the states most of our eggs have up to 14gs protein ...The U.S. Not Woolworths in Australia. I've shown, with evidence, that that's not the case. Most U.S. eggs don't have up to 14g of protein. In fact I wasn't able to find any cases. You lied. Again :rolleyes:. If you are right, all you have to do is post some evidence. I've posted multiple links that state protein content in eggs. All support my point. You've posted none. Nothing supports your point. All you had to do was say "Oh yeah, I'm wrong - I meant up to 14g protein/100g egg." But instead you've stuck to your stupid erroneous statement and ended up with egg on your face. *******.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
You are not Ego and you are wrong.

Why would Woolly's have some magical high protein egg not known anywhere else in the world? Anyway, next time I pass one, I'll go in just to humour you.

love a good humouring so I'll look forward to it.

Toby
10-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Just went into Supa-Valu to buy lunch. They had Jumbo eggs, 67g each. Golden Eggs brand. And get this, they had a whopping 15.7g protein per serve! Of course, the problem is that a serve is 2 eggs. Pretty much everything I've found says Jumbo is the biggest classification for eggs. Anyway, that's the end of my search for your mystical 14g eggs Eyebrows. I know they don't exist. Everyone else knows they don't exist. You know nothing, except how to troll.

The funny thing about your amalgamation is that it's probably actually harming Kelvin's reputation. It was ****house before, but the Ego account has an even poorer rep these days. Oh well, I guess for a troll it's all about fame over reputation, right?

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 01:24 AM
hmmm..makes a guy want to lay low, fame / infamey not really being my bag, but I'm sure between you all Sydneyites, you'll succumb to curosity, if you haven't already and indeed find the brand I mentioned and BL referred to.

who cares anyway..have you're 7 gmers and nice day. Some dead horses just ought to be burried.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Toby,

I don't know what you're talking about harming my reputation. You seem to think there is an imaginary person posting. No. I'm not Kelvin.

I guess you had come across the table that shows the weight of eggs ranging from peewee to jumbo. That's well and good for someone who only knows how to look up tables and regurgitate the information.

If you take the average of the values and the standard deviation, you will find that it is entirely possible for eggs to weigh more than 100grams at the upper end of 2 standard deviations.

Further research would show that the size of the egg is dependent on the size and age of the chicken. It is an increasing function to both those factors.

Far from being a constant factor, there are over 200 specise of chickens that are being farmed and not all specise are the same size on average when they reach adulthood and the size of any given chicken whilst is relate to the specise, exhibit characteristics that is unique to that particular chicken.

One more fact you should know is that the largest recorded egg laid by a chicken has been 1 pound, that is over 400gms.

From the facts that I have presented, eggs weighing 100gms do exist. You have big snakes, big spiders and big crocs in Australia. Stands to reason that you have big chickens that lay big eggs.

Toby
10-19-2004, 01:38 AM
I guess you had come across the table that shows the weight of eggs ranging from peewee to jumbo. That's well and good for someone who only knows how to look up tables and regurgitate the information.Kelvin, I found some table once that had sizes on it. I only noticed the big'uns in the table - large, extra large and jumbo - because I was trying to do your research for you. And if you'll read my post, you'll see I said:
Just went into Supa-Valu to buy lunch. They had Jumbo eggs, 67g each.So I didn't do any table reading - I got off my arse and went into the shop and read the box.

... you will find that it is entirely possible for eggs to weigh more than 100grams ...I don't dispute that. In fact, I would say it's entirely probable to occasionally find heavier eggs. I've never personally come across one that's twice as large as a large, extra-large or jumbo one, but I don't doubt that they're out there. But, you said:

... in the states most of our eggs have up to 14gs protein ...which is a different statement altogether. In all fairness to you, that was Eyebrows posting so you didn't have to take her view. But, like a good troll, you chose to defend her stupid statement in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Just went into Supa-Valu to buy lunch. They had Jumbo eggs, 67g each. Golden Eggs brand. And get this, they had a whopping 15.7g protein per serve! Of course, the problem is that a serve is 2 eggs. Pretty much everything I've found says Jumbo is the biggest classification for eggs. Anyway, that's the end of my search for your mystical 14g eggs Eyebrows. I know they don't exist. Everyone else knows they don't exist. You know nothing, except how to troll.

The funny thing about your amalgamation is that it's probably actually harming Kelvin's reputation. It was ****house before, but the Ego account has an even poorer rep these days. Oh well, I guess for a troll it's all about fame over reputation, right?

just re-read this and what a crock!! so you are telling us that these jumbo eggs at 67gms in weight had how much protein per egg??? let's see, 15.7 divided by two is...........:rolleyes:

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 02:43 AM
I posted yesterday that I checked my egg "box". It gave 13.2g protein/100g egg

so which is it??

Toby
10-19-2004, 05:30 AM
Huh? What don't you understand? I'm talking to Kelvin at the moment, right? You're usually smarter than that. The first box I checked were from Coles. I forget the brand and I'm not going to the fridge to check for you again, since you refuse to post any evidence of any of your claims at all. So, for stupid people:

1st brand (last week): Coles supermarket. Generic brand of eggs. Extra large (IIRC) eggs. 700g box. Individual egg weight 59g. 13.2g protein/100g egg. Therefore 7.79g protein/egg.

2nd brand (today): Supa-Valu supermarket. Golden Eggs brand. Jumbo eggs. 800g box. Individual egg weight 67g. 15.7g protein per serve. Serving size 2 eggs. Therefore 7.85g protein/egg.

3rd brand (Eyebrows' brand): no evidence whatsoever.

What don't you understand about that?

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Toby,

Yes what don't you understand? You're an engineer and you should know that not all eggs have uniform weight. And besides there are 200+ specise of chickens. That table may pertain to a particular specise of chicken. Just because your fridge doesn't contain big eggs doesn't mean that there aren't big eggs around.
Unless you're saying that that particular package of egg in your particular fridge is representative of the population of eggs!

Because that's what you're saying and its crazy. Based on my reasoning, eggs can and have weighed more than 100gms.

Toby
10-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Still Kelvin, right? Maybe I gave you more credit than you deserved.
Unless you're saying that that particular package of egg in your particular fridge is representative of the population of eggs!It's representative of all extra large eggs. As the jumbo ones in the shop today were representative of all jumbo eggs. I don't know where jumbo and extra large would fit in the distribution of total eggs. But I do know that this statement:
An average egg has about 8-14 gmsand this statement:
... in the states most of our eggs have up to 14gs protein ...are wrong. The average egg and most eggs most certainly do not have 14g protein.

Because that's what you're saying and its crazy. Based on my reasoning, eggs can and have weighed more than 100gms. I don't care what your reasoning is. I agree that it's possible to have a 100g egg. No argument. The argument is with the two earlier quotes. Do you still stand by them? I.e. "An average egg ..." and "... most of our eggs ..."? That's what is wrong. I realise Eyebrows might have trouble understanding what I'm saying, but I didn't think you were that dumb, Kelvin.

Ming Yue
10-19-2004, 06:48 AM
you guys are out of control. I found this, which supports BOTH your arguments. 100g eggs DO happen (although rarely), and the average store variety egg is 50-60g. You each suffer a 10 point penalty for ridiculousness. Now touch hands and resume egg throwing. :D

A Byelorussian chicken has laid the largest egg ever recorded at 160 grams. The Byelorrusian broke the record of its Cuban colleague from Las-Tunas. Several years ago, the latter has laid an egg weighing 146 grams. It has been inserted in the Book of Records as the largest and heaviest chicken egg in the world. An average chicken egg weighs about 50-60 grams.

Today, the giant egg is kept in a special safe of the head veterinarian with other chicken anomalies, such as the smallest chicken egg (15 grams), an egg with three yolks as well as "matreshka" shaped egg.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Toby,

At least you finally admit there are such things as 100gm eggs, after I had pointed out to you that the heaviest egg known is 1 pound.

There are over 200 different specise of chickens. Which average egg size and protene content are you referring to. And besides the size of the egg would depend on the size and age of the chicken. It is reaonable that if a store takes delivery of eggs from a certain farm the size and protein content would vary.

I think is premature for you to extrapolate that whats in your fridge are representive of even the eggs from that shop across all times. as you have mentioned, you're comparing one package from one particular consignment, one particular shop and at one particular time. Hardly a convincing argument. Thought you were Phd material.:rolleyes: dong ma?

EE

Toby
10-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Ming:
I agree that it's possible to have a 100g egg. No argument. The argument is with the two earlier quotes.
:mad: RTFQ :mad:

;)

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 07:16 AM
I guess it's settled then. I'm right about the eggs and protein content.

Toby cannot prove beyond reaonable doubt that my claims are false. This is because his argument has been very narrow, focusing on what's in his fridge!!!!

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 07:17 AM
[B13.2g protein/100g egg. Therefore 7.79g protein/egg.

2nd brand (today): Supa-Valu supermarket. Golden Eggs brand. Jumbo eggs. 800g box. Individual egg weight 67g. 15.7g protein per serve. Serving size 2 eggs. Therefore 7.85g protein/egg.

3rd brand (Eyebrows' brand): no evidence whatsoever.

What don't you understand about that? [/B]

wrong on both accounts spaz. :P

if 100gms of eggs give 13.2 gms of protein but a 67 gram egg gives half of 15.7 making it 7.85 gms per unit, 100gms of that egg is equivilant to protein you'd expect from 88.34 grams of egg.

you're wrong bab....Toby ........sorry. and aren't we the little troll in disguise!! ;)

Ps: ?Ming :- you didn't give us the link so stfu or provide it! general comments serve no one on these matters.

toby :- an average egg of the brand supllied at the woolworths you didn't bother to visit??? Yas..... standing by it!

so maths was not one of your majors ha??

Dong
Ps: who was talking about coles anyway??

Toby
10-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I had a post prepared but deleted it. You provided all the reply I needed Eyebrows. Thanks.

Ming Yue
10-19-2004, 07:29 AM
oh yea. I missed that your comment there, sorry Toby. Props to me anyway for sifting through most of this thread. :p :D

Blego, can you not recognize when someone is actually trying to support part of your argument?

http://www.pravda.us/science/19/94/377/12325_anomaly.html

and another.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1104751/posts

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 07:31 AM
the name's Ego phat gal, but unless you provide links , you may aswell not bother!

Ming Yue
10-19-2004, 07:38 AM
see those things with the underlines? those are links.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 07:41 AM
oh.. the ones that didn't exist on your post when intitially sited it??/ got it Ms. supporting the argument :rolleyes:

Toby
11-29-2004, 06:20 AM
****, I feel like I'm opening an Egyptian tomb with this, but it's relevant.
If you are sincerely interested in the correct, go to woolys , check it out and get back to us! ;)My wife bought some jumbo sized eggs from Woolworths on the weekend. 800g box, minimum individual egg weight 67g. Protein/serve, 14.8g. Serving size 2 eggs. So I guess I was right all along, huh Eyebrows? Eyebrows? Eeeeyyyeeebrows?

*Tap, tap, tap* Is this thing on? *Sound of tumbleweeds tumbling past*

Poor JamesRaven. Bet he never asks another question on kfm.

Ming Yue
11-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Of Course You Were Right!

IronFist
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Toby r0x0red this thread.

And the thread liked it.

scotty1
11-29-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm shocked by this thread.

The average egg has (I believe) 11 g protein.

I can't believe you're refuting Toby's argument based on the fact that there's variation in the protein content of eggs. There is - but NOT ENOUGH FOR ANYONE TO GIVE A ****! :D

Toby
11-29-2004, 06:56 PM
I **** you not, I must've awakened some ghosts with that post. Last night I had these Pet Sematary style dreams that were enough to wake me. It must've been a good'un. I woke at 1:47am and was dehydrated from training so I went to get a drink and I had the rare experience of being scared in my own house. Nothing concrete, just remnants of an adrenalin dump. I rarely remember my dreams but occasionally it's a classic horror-movie dream that's able to wake me. Funny thing is, horror movies rarely scare me, even though I often watch them alone at night with the lights out. The Ring was the last that came close to scaring me. Before that I couldn't remember. Moments in The Sixth Sense maybe. But I could watch zombie/psycho/vampire/werewolf movies all night. Must be ghosts that do it for me - the ghost of Eyebrows past :eek:. Why don't the naked wimmins dreams ever wake me :(.

scotty1, if you could be bothered reading this thread (not recommended), you'd see it's 6-7g/egg. I was just bringing up the one point that I was asked to make 6 weeks ago but couldn't be bothered at the time. The point of the thread was just another argument with The Thing That Should Not Be.

Mr Punch
11-30-2004, 05:28 AM
So, I'm confused, what weight was the ancient Egyptian egg?

The super (strange never-touch-them-with-a-bargepole) proteinated eggs in my supermarket have 11-12 g of protein.

The protein count of Toby's eggs seems to match the normal ones, but until the fateful moment I opened this thread I didn't know how heavy an egg was. Now I can sleep easy, and believe me Toby, the naked women dreams... you do not wanna wake from! ;)

One question: what about an egg white?

Toby
11-30-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Mat
One question: what about an egg white? Around 1/2 the total. ~3g for an average egg. I think that was already said somewhere in the depths of this thread.

scotty1
11-30-2004, 09:50 AM
But that's the bit with the most cholesterol right?

Toby
11-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Yolk's got the cholesterol. But recent research shows it's not as bad for you as people said for the last couple of decades.

Ming Yue
11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
recent studies continue to show that other recent studies cannot be trusted.

scotty1
12-02-2004, 05:44 AM
And 15.6% of stats are made up on the spot.

Mr Punch
12-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Nah, man that's 97.6%.