PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about something.

Hurtin in China
10-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a question for anyone who knows how to immigrate to the States,a chinese sanda/traditional wushu coach. Let me start by giving you some info on me so you know who I am and where I'm coming from. You see, I live and train in China. I lived here for almost 2yrs and have trained under 3 masters. The first was an attempt to train for the olympics in 2008 or so if wushu gets to participate in the olympics. I had a coach from china send me to her home town where she grew up and learned. I studied under her master. He was a very nice person and new alot about modern wushu. He trained me 8 hrs a day 7days a week for six months until due to some injuries I had to stop and recover. I trained as hard as the the rest of the class and let me tell you there is no room for pain or weakness when it came to training in modern wushu. Before I came to China I trained like an average joe when I could in between work and school. That means a weekend worrior! A few hours when I had time. Then I came to china and lived like a chinese person would if training hard core for the olympics. I was so ignorant about what layed ahead of me. And the crazy thing was I knew I was hurt and kept going until my body couldn't take it and started having serious injuries. So, I moved to a bigger city where I could make some money and be able to support myself instead of seeing my savings fly out the window. When I got to the city I immediatley found a coach but the price was WAYYYY to high and I found out through 5 to 6 months that was the case if you were from America or a foriegner you must be rich so you have to pay like 6000rmb a month or 120$ U.S. was the cheapest I found. Now, I live in China and make a fair living as a english teacher here but I tell you this, 6000 rmb is more than I make in a month teaching english, so there was no way I could pay for wushu lessons anymore. I gave up for a while trying to find a school that would teach me. I didn't want to move cause I have started to get a good rep with many schools here and could possibly live here for a while. I'm married with a baby on the way and having a chinese wife is awsome if I might say so myself. She was determined to find a school for me and we looked for 2 months and even traveled to other cities but once they saw a laowhy(foreigner) you could literally see green in their eyes. It's a **** shame if you ask me. After 2 months we finally found a school right out my city of Shenyang where a great and honorable man who didn't care about money and was pleased to have an american to learn from him taught me for a hell of lot less than those other schools. His name is Tong Qing Hui and I am the only foreinger learning from him. He teaches me personally not letting other's teach me unless I am doing sanda/sanshou which he teaches but he really wants me to learn his styles he is a master at. He started teaching me Chuo Jiao(piercing foot),Fanzhi chuan, a spear form don't know exactly the name of the form yet, still learning it. I don't really care for names not so much as the actually taolu set. And it's not at all like modern wushu as I was so used to for 5yrs or so. It's more like traditional kungfu/wushu like in 7*mantis I learned under my dad and his sifu. He showed me applications of how to use the technique from the actual forms. Weopons included and he also teaches Sanda and has a Very good reputation in training national sanda champions. The guy is very legit and not a mcdojo or anything. I feel he's more of a sanda shirfu cause he likes to teach you how to fight more than taolu. I am the only student he teaches that learns taolu and sanda. I respect the guy so much and I really feel honored being around a man like him. I can give you more credintials if you need. I just don't have them on me cause I at work now on lunch break and don't have them. He said he would really want to go to America and train a national sanda team. So, my big question is how do I go about doing that. I heard if there was a job waiting for him it would be easier to immigrate to the States but have really no idea on what to do. If anyone has any idea or suggestions on what to do to get started or knows someone who is looking into hiring a sanda coach and also a master in several styles and weopons that would be helpful. I know this is really long but I really respect the guy and hope his dream comes true like mine did when I met him. Thanks for your help.

hurtin in china

norther practitioner
10-06-2004, 09:06 AM
I know Doc has brought monks to America, and has had his fair share of problems... You can browse his site at www.russbo.com

It's large, so maybe just do a search on the forum with a term like visa

Hurtin in China
10-06-2004, 05:29 PM
thnx NP,
I appriciate it.

norther practitioner
10-06-2004, 06:10 PM
No prob. and good luck.

Any idea of what part of the country you'd be thinking...

Keep us updated.

Vash
10-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Hurtin in China;

If you're not BL, then I'm sorry about your situation.

If you are BL, then **** ******** *****, ***** ******* **** **** **** * ** ******** ********* you mother ****er

Hurtin in China
10-06-2004, 07:14 PM
sorry, not BL and I don't even know what that stands for. Now if you said BS then I would have understood. Sounds like you really hate BL to talk about his mom though.
Peace

Hurtin in China
10-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention what part of the country. I am originally from Chicago and I know there isn't really a lot of schools that teach Sanda, I know most of the masters there already. I hope to go there and open up a school or help my master be in a city where it doesn't have too many schools like Starbucks or a Mcdonalds that teach what he teaches. Chicago doesn't really have any from what I know of. I hope everything will work out. Not only am I in the process of trying to get my wife a visa but now sounds like I have to get my master too. It's going to be hell. If it doesn't work out and he has to stay here, I'm sure I can find some students on this board or in the States who would like to come here and train for a reasonable price. Plus it would be nice to have a training partner if you know what I mean. All in all the guys really cool and will work with you if anyone does decide on training. He has a huge school and has a letai in the back when we spar made of concrete. Pretty cool. Alright got to go and teach some more kids. Take care
hurtin in china

omarthefish
10-06-2004, 08:44 PM
A couple suggestions:

1. PARAGRAPHS!!!

Your post was really really hard to read. Break stuff up dude.

2. Why America? I STRONGLY reccomend looking into just about any other country than America. It's vastly easier to get into Canada, Australia or any other English speaking country even England.

3. Why emmigrate? If he is really a respected Wushu coach with credentials then you can probably get a cultural exchange visa ( I forget the specific name ) or if he is employed by a local school as an instructor then he could get a green card. The singel largest obstacle to a Chinese trying to get a Visa to enter the US is convincing the officer at the embassy in Beijing that you are NOT going to emmigrate.

4. Get yourself in the competition circuit somewhere. If you can make a name for yourself/him/his other students then people will want to know about your teacher/coach and it will be easier to stimulate interest/support/financial backing to bring him over.