PDA

View Full Version : Thus I have heard --- the different path in Red Boat

yellowpikachu
10-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Thus, I have heard.

There are two types of arts influencing Red boat in the 1850.

One is the White Crane of Fujian.
The other one is the Hakka martial art.

There was the
White Crane of Fujian / Emei's art combination which become Siu Lien Tau system; and Wing Chun was founded. Thus, Siu Lien Tau is the core art of Wing Chun.

On the other hand, in the same period of time, The
Hakka art which was practicing Shao Lin Yee Jing Jing, a "harder "style or more Shao Lin "look", (but not practising Siu Lien Tau as the Core ) contribute to develop other martial arts in the Red Boat.

The Red boat opera such as the actor such as Lee Man Mau and playing ladies role was practicing Wing Chun which is Fujian White Crane Based.

Later,

Due to the co-exist of different arts on board of the Red Boat, thus, there was mutual influence .

In the pre/ at Leung Jan time, legend said it, there is only one set of art in Wing Chun kuen namely The Siu Lien Tau. Then, later, this set was localized Evolved as usual as the art grow.

at the era of Lee Man Mau lead the red boad uprising which is first uprising of the Chinese Opera Actors in the chinese history, and later turn into the Red Bandana movements, Wing Chun Kuen is further Evolved.

In addition, the hakka art which practiced the Shao Lin Yee Jing Jing doesnt by defaut related to Zen of Shao Lin. As one will see today that the Hakka martial art school still practicing Shao Lin Yee Jing Jing but they might not be Buddhist or Zen practitioners.

Thus, I have heard , another presentation which I have heard lately.

If the above has some truth with it then, Wing Chun's history and development is not that difficult to trace.

PS.

Here posting and sharing this post, I expect some people will not like the presentation. So, I would encourage respectly to those who dont like the presentation to stick with thier own view and do not response to troll this post, Since this is an open Wing Chun discussion forum to discuss different ideas or and presentations