PDA

View Full Version : Master Samuel Kwok Seminar Video

Sifu Tony
10-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Hi Everyone!
The Seminar at my school by Master Samuel Kwok was a big success. Everyone really had a good time, and learned a lot. The seminar was on Chi Sao, and very information packed. We have put a video together of the seminar which has the seminar footage as well as the original 8mm film footage of Grandmaster Ip Man performing the first form. Those interested in obtaining a copy can contact me at my e-mail : massmartialarts@yahoo.com
or visit us on the web at: www.ipfamilywingchun.com
The cost of the video is $35.00 + $5.00 for S+H.
Cheers!
-Sifu Tony

AndyM
10-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Don't mean to be rude Tony, but can you tell us where the revenue generated by this video goes please?

Sifu Tony
10-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Andy,

I too don't mean to be rude, but why would you ask such a question?

Do I need to post a disclaimer that revenue from this video does not go to help sponsor terrorism!

-Tony

SimonW
10-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Well, there are some possible legal ramifications. Did master Kwok give his permission for you to distribute a video of the seminar?

After all you will be making money out of him. If you don't have a release form from him you are extremely open to legal action.

Sifu Tony
10-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Master Kwok is my Sifu. I would never distribute a video of him without his permission. But again, that would be something between myself and my Sifu. To have that question asked by someone on the outside seems kind of strange. But hopefully this sets everyones mind at ease. If anyone else has any concerns about this, please contact my Sifu directly, I am sure he will not mind!

SimonW
10-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Don't worry Tony, I just wanted to be sure. I am also from Master Kwok's lineage.

AndyM
10-08-2004, 09:29 AM
I train with Sam too.

I was concerned for a couple of reasons.

1/ That you are clearly using this forum to market the video.

2/ That I've never heard him referred to as 'Master' before.

I'm not on the outside, so I'm asking;

Do you have Sam's permission to sell, advertise and make money from this video?

If you do, then I see no reason not to state this.

You don't state this, hence the question.