PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Friends?

unixfudotnet
10-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Hello,

I am planning on going to Taiwan within the next 4 years, and thought it would be a good idea to meet some people from Taiwan, or even anywhere that have similar interests. Like internet penpals.
I am not interested in debating different martial arts, we each practice what we wish, and I respect that, without hate or ill feelings, and no sense to destroy others (ideas) or verbal violence.
I took a break from my kungfu school, and just joined again a while ago, with more focus on taijiquan than hard kungfu that is taught, yet I do take at least on class a week. I am going to be learning some mantis stuff soon as well.

So a bit about me: I am a software developer. 26 years old with a girlfriend and 2 boys. I really enjoy doing taijiquan and practicing and getting better in forms, etc. I live in Scranton, PA, USA. I have lived in the USA for most of my life, except for 4 years in Germany. I enjoy new things and cultures, as well as new food. I am currently learning French, and will be beginning Mandarin (reading and writing traditional as well) this year.

If you are interested, just contact me via aol/yahoo instant messengers with the name of "unixfudotnet", pm, or email at chris@unixfu.net.

Hope you all have a good day and enjoy bettering yourself and art :)

-Chris

SPJ
10-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Hi;

I grew up in Taipei, Taiwan.

You may go to any public park right before sunrise.

You will see people practice all sorts of KF.

The most popular ones are Yang Tai Ji, 7 stars mantis, Tang Tui, Long fists. Yes there are more.

In the city, you see more Northern styles.

In the country side, you see more southern styles, such as 5 ancestors, tiger, white crane etc.

Do not forget to enjoy the fruits in different seasons.

Some vague intro is enough.

I was told not to disclose too much personal info on the net.

If you are serious about your study, you may go to Kuo Shu Club in Taiwan University (Tai Da). The teachers there may recommend you to the best teachers with direct lineage.

You hit the jackpot on mantis in Taiwan.

There are plenty of 7 stars, some Tai Ji Mei Hua and a few Liu He.

:)

unixfudotnet
10-08-2004, 07:53 PM
I apologize, I meant for just a vacation :)

SPJ
10-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Cool.

:cool: