PDA

View Full Version : Red Boat, we got a problem--- where is our sickle?

yellowpikachu
10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Red Boat, we got a problem--- where is our sickle?

Vajramusti
10-08-2004, 03:57 PM
I kept mine when I came over on the boat.

Ernie
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu

I modernized it added gun powder and now it's a gun :)

but even bullets spiral and curve :eek:

anerlich
10-09-2004, 08:27 PM
In the dustbin of history along with the hammer.

I got mine by sending in a Weeties boxtop.

In the garage with the other tools.

KPM
10-10-2004, 05:02 AM

I've got my "Lim". Don't know about the others. :-) They may be mistaking it for a "fook."

Keith

PaulH
10-10-2004, 11:56 PM
This reminds me of the first time I learn how to use the Tan with Greg Manwaring. I asked him why the thumb is flat on the same level with the palm. He told me in so doing the thumb can be used as a hook. =)

KPM
10-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Hendrik wrote on another thread:
WCK movements have a "sickle cut" in the return path. Before and after the "sickling" it is not a linear approach. That "sickle" differentiates WCK from other arts that co-existed on the Red Boats.

OK. Now the topic of this thread makes a little better sense! :-) Care to elaborate on this idea of "sickling"? Do you mean that the retraction of a punch or other technique does not follow a direct/linear path back towards the body?

Keith

captain
10-25-2004, 05:40 AM
rather,one might well ask:where is wc's rudder.i imagine,because of the secretive way the chinese invented wc,that without the umbrella organization that more popular ma's have [ie judo,karate,tkd and bjj],wing chun will always have problems with future direction and formal events that test [and therefore boost the morale of its practioners] and spread the word wc to others.if you read rene's book,the big red one,it talks bout having belief in wc,however,at the same time,there are so many styles and teachers at drift to choose from,its distracting.

Russ.

yellowpikachu
10-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by KPM
Hendrik wrote on another thread:
WCK movements have a "sickle cut" in the return path. Before and after the "sickling" it is not a linear approach. That "sickle" differentiates WCK from other arts that co-existed on the Red Boats.

OK. Now the topic of this thread makes a little better sense! :-) Care to elaborate on this idea of "sickling"? Do you mean that the retraction of a punch or other technique does not follow a direct/linear path back towards the body?

Keith

Well, now I learn my lesson from those HOW MUCH one got to pay for WIng CHun Training.

1, learning pikachun extinct snake body ---- 6 months. Price . comitting to be a vegitarian two days a week for life time

2, learning pikachun extinct sickiling ---- 3 months. Price. Comitting to be a vegitarian one day a week for life time.

3, Learning pikachun FA jing and the process of the 4 type of power generation. ----- 1 year. Price, committing to be a vegitarian 3 days a week for life time.

So, how many vegitarian meals you dare to take to ask for the information about Sickle? :D:D:D

Ernie
10-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Well, now I learn my lesson from those HOW MUCH one got to pay for WIng CHun Training.

1, learning pikachun extinct snake body ---- 6 months. Price . comitting to be a vegitarian two days a week for life time

2, learning pikachun extinct sickiling ---- 3 months. Price. Comitting to be a vegitarian one day a week for life time.

3, Learning pikachun FA jing and the process of the 4 type of power generation. ----- 1 year. Price, committing to be a vegitarian 3 days a week for life time.

So, how many vegitarian meals you dare to take to ask for the information about Sickle? :D:D:D

i am a vegitarian , now your going to force me to eat meat :D

yellowpikachu
10-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
i am a vegitarian , now your going to force me to eat meat :D

Nope. you have to become a Vagen then :D

Vajramusti
10-25-2004, 07:43 PM
There is a new South Indian all vegetarian restaurant on Scottsdale road in the Tempe/Scottsdale border area...fantastically cooked and great variety of meatless dishes.
I have started going there atleast twice a week.

I dont recall the exact name-- Udupi... possibly.

Changing habits aint easy.

Paradox--- there are some peaceful T bone folks and then there is Ernie the vegetarian!

There must be a deeper meaning to all of this-
The good soldier Schweik-the old German movie.

yellowpikachu
10-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Joy,

great!

I am going to have an Indian Vegitarian lunch tomorrow!
all different type of curry taste real good!