PDA

View Full Version : black taoist in the november ikf

SevenStar
10-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Has anyone else seen this issue yet? I checked out the article at barnes & noble tonight.

oasis
10-10-2004, 10:23 PM
yup. good stuff. i was quite surprised at how young Novell G. Bell looks though. he should post a shameless plug to inform fellow kfo'ers about the article, but i guess it's taken care of here :p

count
10-11-2004, 08:35 AM
You mean the article where he's using those deadly piercers against an unarmed eight_trigram_boxer? :D

Just kidding again my brother. Much respect as always. ;)

Enforcer-
10-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Asia would still pwn him though imo.

Ray Pina
10-11-2004, 11:30 AM
That's a foolish thing to say ... have you fought either of them? Also, why do you bring up Asia specifically? There are a lot of talented fighters out there.

Is it because Asia is skilled and HUGE? If a trained fighter of 180lbs loses to a trained fighter of 280 lbs, that doesn't mean the smaller fighter has no merit or perhaps still isn't the better fighter. Reverse the weight, what happens then?

Enforcer-
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
he would lose to kimbo as well.

Ray Pina
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm not on BT's jock, but what you're doing is silly.

I don't think that BT has ever claimed to be "the best", an unbeatable warrior. I think he just aproaches his martial arts seriously and trains them realistically. I'm sure he'd cross hands with you.

There are tons of figters that can beat him, me and you, perhaps some Navy Seal somewhere could take us all down quite easily.

The point is that he's on his path and it's a good one. He doesn't bull$hit himself or his students. I can respect that.

Calling someone out over the net on the other hand .....

MasterKiller
10-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Enforcer-....

Why is it you only compare BT to other Black fighters?

Sang Feng Fan
10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
E fist,

You don't know Novell, do you?

SevenStar
10-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Enforcer-....

Why is it you only compare BT to other Black fighters?

he's a troll, and a racist one at that. before he was banned as his old name, unmatchable, he posted several racist links and threads. looks like he's starting again, as I've had to wipe off a thread by him recently.

Oso
10-11-2004, 07:24 PM
so, you're saying that there might be an issue of IKF worth purchasing?

congrats on the exposure to BT !

count
10-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far Oso. The article is in between yet another Jet Li article and an article with some Robinson Caruso looking magnetic chi kung character. But I guess it's good exposure for blacktaoist.;)

Enforcer-
10-11-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm not a racist I was just having some fun. I can't think of a clip of any good white fighters (besides pros) that ive seen recently. Don't you know that the brothas are better fighters and athletes anyways?

Enforcer-
10-11-2004, 11:28 PM
And the reason I am negative toward blacktaoist because he likes to play the race card on his yahoo groups forum. Saying people dont like him on emptyflower or jareks forum just becasue hes black. Also, he cussed out and challenged another guy at that site named "Tomasz" and said some mean things about him and his teacher.

Another reason is he started argueing with me on jareks forum just because I criticised some of his clips and training methods.

CaptinPickAxe
10-12-2004, 12:11 AM
GO AWAY, UNMATCHABLE!!!
The best part of you ran down the crack of your mom's ass and ended up a brown stain on the sheets.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-12-2004, 12:42 AM
lol ... i thought black taoist was the name of a style or something.

is he seriously called balck taoist because he's black? to each his own, but it sounds a little silly to me.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-12-2004, 12:43 AM
if he's black taoist i want to be white monk before someone else takes it.

Enforcer-
10-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
lol ... i thought black taoist was the name of a style or something.

is he seriously called balck taoist because he's black? to each his own, but it sounds a little silly to me.

http://www.blacktaoist.com/intropage.html

enjoy his music.

Mr Punch
10-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Right, I got dibs on Pasty Agnostic!

MasterKiller
10-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
if he's black taoist i want to be white monk before someone else takes it. Fight the power, GDA.

Ray Pina
10-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Read the article last night coming back from DC. I liked the vibe of the article -- it matches perfectly with Novell's don't tell me show me attitude -- but not the pictures. I'd rather seen some hand stuff. Or, at the Won Fe Hung, I watched him and his guys train and he seems to favor a lot of foot trapping.

But overall, good exposure for him. And much better than the other article in there about some Tenn. hick who says he's immortal from using magnets and made a car go in reverse from pointing at it.

Though the two articles were examples of what's right and wrong in MA today.