PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual International Ving Tsun Dinner vid's

yylee
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
http://www.vt.com.hk/where_is_a_terminal_point/html/int_vt_movies.htm

just found this on a different forum, enjoy!

Vajramusti
10-11-2004, 02:11 PM
YYLEE- thanks much for sharing.
Where and when was this held
and who are some of the folks in some of the pics.
Thanks again.

yylee
10-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Vajramusti
YYLEE- thanks much for sharing.
Where and when was this held
and who are some of the folks in some of the pics.
Thanks again.

Hi Joy

I don't know much about when and where. I guess it is in HK somewhere hosted by Mr Au Yeung Kim-Man of WSL lineage. They say the second annual dinner will be held on Nov this year. So I guess this one took place last year.

I think there are some Mei Gai Wong (mainland) people there, doing forms and stuffs.

In one of the Chi Sau demo is Wu Jun Nam, a student of WSL.

Ernie
10-11-2004, 02:25 PM
who was the guy in black and white , he moved nice

yylee
10-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ernie

If memory serves, I think his name is Wong Nim Yi of the Mai Gei Wong lineage.

Ernie
10-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by yylee
If memory serves, I think his name is Wong Nim Yi of the Mai Gei Wong lineage.

cool thanks i'm not into forms but i liked his flow very crispy , i saw the WSL guys doing chi sau could spot that roll a thousand miles away :)

Nick Forrer
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone

the dinner was held in november last year in mainland china

As has been noted there was Wong Nim Yi (YKS lineage)

Wu chun lam (WSLs first student) and Mr Chan (ip Man student) - they did some chi sau together

Some other fatshan people (dont know what line)

Cliff au yeung plus students

And my teacher Clive Potter plus his students (two of whom adam and nedret are doing chi sau in the last clip - clive is in a white t shirt watching to the right of them)

I think Lok Yiu may also have been there

there is another one next month

yylee
10-11-2004, 04:33 PM
cool thanks i'm not into forms but i liked his flow very crispy , i saw the WSL guys doing chi sau could spot that roll a thousand miles away :)

Perhaps you shall try reading other Chi Sau posts (I suggest you try Edward's tips #1), because a few thousands miles away there are other kinds of rolls you have no idea about ;)

cheers

Ernie
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by yylee
Perhaps you shall try reading other Chi Sau posts (I suggest you try Edward's tips #1), because a few thousands miles away there are other kinds of rolls you have no idea about ;)

cheers

i did read the post , agreed with most of it ,
chi sau is chi sau my friend , i have rolled with most of the yip man families and some non yip man ,

some like elbow power some from the shoulders . some the wrist, some long arms others short and compact ,

each has a positive and negitive , but as long as it works for there skill development it's all good

it just has to fit your body and support you approach

in the end were just worried about keeping our self in the correct position not to worried about what the other guy is up to :D

yylee
10-11-2004, 05:48 PM
i did read the post , agreed with most of it ,
chi sau is chi sau my friend , i have rolled with most of the yip man families and some non yip man ,

some like elbow power some from the shoulders . some the wrist, some long arms others short and compact ,

each has a positive and negitive , but as long as it works for there skill development it's all good

it just has to fit your body and support you approach

in the end were just worried about keeping our self in the correct position not to worried about what the other guy is up to :D

LOL! Ernie rolling his politically correct hands..... Chi Sau is Chi Sau....

As I have heard, half a degree of differential results in a thousand miles' difference.

anyway, cheers for now, will wait for Edward's videos and more of Joy's "Chi Sau is NOT A DRILL" posts.

Ernie
10-11-2004, 09:07 PM
LOL! Ernie rolling his politically correct hands

not really i just tend to look a bigger picture then most . or a better way to put is my end goal is different the tools that get me there are just tools nothing to life shattering

but to some they just love walking around with there tool belt and talking about how ther hammer with a 3 degree bend is so much better then the one with a 2 degree bend :cool:

all the while no one is hammering any nails
and that is were the real skill is

hmmmm go figure :rolleyes:

YongChun
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM

I thought he was very good as well.

Ray