PDA

View Full Version : SoftWork Seminar

FooFighter
10-11-2004, 07:28 PM
I just came back from the Softwork seminar held in Bellingham, Washington. It is good to be back home. I have enjoyed myself and will give myself a week to digest the whole experience before I begin to explain to others. I have discovered many things about my own peformance and the source of my ignorance. Coach Scott Sonnon is a talented speaker and teacher and one decent human being. He was very intelligent, friendly, funny and masterful at the seminar. I have met many great teachers within the martial arts community but none more intelligent and articulate as Coach Sonnon. I also wanted to thank RTB aka David personally for his help around Bellingham. I wish you well in your personal life and it is too bad that you didnt have enough time to train with the tribe at the seminar.

Cheers,
Bao

Abstract
10-13-2004, 08:12 AM
u got my PM man?

FooFighter
10-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Abstract,

I am sorry for not replying. I am not selling the Warrior Wellness Tapes anymore. I am keeping it as personal reference. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Your Friend,
Bao

Abstract
10-13-2004, 08:32 AM
haha just kidding man

that's ahite. yo-- me, u & pete still gotta get up...at some point, lol

peace

Shinobi22
10-21-2004, 07:52 PM
www.circularstrengthmag.com/images/softworktrailer.mov

Abstract
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
while i've heard of Sonnon before & read some articles about him & his work, i've never seen him in action, other than photo stills

that was pretty impressive. OK Foo, now you have to fess up & give us the details of the seminar. that little clip has piqued my interest moreso than it already was...c'mon...

'don't hide it, provide it '...{ Q-Tip }

FooFighter
10-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I have seen people look at Sifu Alan Lee's wing chun gung fu and not understand it for themselves until they experience it. Likewise it is the same for Coach Sonnon. There are many misunderstandings that comes from words and even pictures and my whole experience with Softwork and Coach Sonnon is a personal one. I am happy with the experience and it was indeed a special experience. I will only write Coach Sonnon is definitely a very talented and skilled Coach and martial artist and I would highly recommend his materials. I dont want to write anymore than this and if you dont want to look into it for yourself and want more proof, then go waste time with someone else.

I am planning to workout with one of my Sidai and apply my new methodology to my own understanding of wing chun. I have complete faith that I can be better in wing chun and softwork is not something new and many people have practiced it before and Coach Sonnon hasnt invented anything new.

IronFist
10-23-2004, 01:02 AM
I don't get it. What's soft work all about?

Abstract
10-24-2004, 07:39 AM
errr..ok...

i wasn't asking for the birthright to your unborn child, man...just alil' info as to what the seminar covered...if you'd rather not talk about it though, that's cool:confused:

peace :cool:

FooFighter
10-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Abstract:

Please do not be offended by my comments on the softwork seminar. I am not comfortable speaking about my softwork experience. I am afraid that if I explain anything concerning softwork, it will only confuse the nature of softwork and Sonnon's methodology. Most importantly Sonnon's softwork or material is
something that should be experience first hand instead of reading or hearing it. Therefore I welcome those who want to experience CST and join the tribe.

Bao

Abstract
10-25-2004, 08:35 PM
i can see where you were comin from, so that's why i was like, well, if you'd rather not talk about it, i can understand. Trying to explain something to someone who has no idea what you're talking about is tricky...

but i'm sayin, you could've just posted that instead of coming off funny style on some 'don't waste my time', ya understand?

no big deal though man, i got thicker skin than that.:cool:

guess im just gonna have to pick up the WW and/or softwork info and such after all...

Meat Shake
10-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Hmm... The knife work in the vid looks kinda hokey... So does all the rolling around on the ground cr@p... But due to who he is and his reputation, I would give it a chance before making any brash asssumptions. I understand the point of what he is doing, to teach flow, but the techniques... They look questionable. Im no FMA expert, but I know that most of what he is doing in the video would get him gutted by an FMA exponent.

Again however... as I said... I dont know him, havent felt what he does, and realize what his reputation is. I just dont know about what is featured in that trailer.