PDA

View Full Version : Florida Wing Chun?

Kong Jianshen
08-15-2001, 09:02 PM
Anyone know any good Wing Chun schools in South Florida/Ft Myers? Thanks in advance.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Nietzsche

chi-kwai
08-15-2001, 10:48 PM
KUNG FU WING CHUN
2531 CLEVELAND AVE
FORT MYERS, FL, 339014906
Phone: 9414186784
Styles:
Web Site:

I found this by simply typing "Fort Myers Wing Chun" ... incidentally, I used to live there, right by the Edison home. Good luck finding something.

--
chi kwai

Kong Jianshen
08-16-2001, 08:30 AM
Hey thanks alot buddy! I will look into that. I hope its not the only other guy I know who does W/C round here, he is terrible. I will find out, thanks again my friend it is much appreciated. If anyone else finds anything, do tell.

hunt1
08-16-2001, 04:13 PM
Is clearwater to far for you?

Kong Jianshen
08-16-2001, 08:35 PM
unfortunetly yes but if you have a link please give! Never know if I will be up round that area =)

chi-kwai
08-17-2001, 02:48 PM
there are also a couple schools in tampa, but i didn't post them because thats about two hours from Fort Myers. Anyhow, one is www.jasonlau-wingchun.com (http://www.jasonlau-wingchun.com) and the other is www.renegadeshaolin.com (http://www.renegadeshaolin.com) ...

Not desparage anyone, but the Lau school -makes- you wear army boots to class and wears army fatigues as a uniform. they are quite militant.

The other school, renegade shaolin, seems pretty decent. The only thing is they mix WC with filipino arts and are associated with Dan Inosanto somehow. If you don't mind a little mixture in your art, i would recommend this school over the Lau affiliate.

--
chi kwai

hunt1
08-17-2001, 06:48 PM
Renegade shaolin site is not realy a school.It was started by Anthony Chan as a martial arts forum.several high skill martial artist in the area would get together to test their arts the result was the promotion of a few arts and teachers who usually came out on the winning end of these get togethers.Wc is one art that proved itself.
each art is taught seperatly and there are the get togethers if you are of sufficient skill that you would not get badly hurt.
As an aside all participants became WC students.