PDA

View Full Version : Seminars

dzu
08-16-2001, 02:20 AM
Hello,

I've been reflecting upon the various WC seminars that I have attended as well as helped organize and I would like your collective thoughts on the following questions:

1) What do you enjoy the most about WC seminars? What do you enjoy the least?

2) Do you prefer more conceptual discussions, drills/combinations/techniques, or a combination of the two?

3) How open are you to new ideas and what would it take to make you pause and re-consider your current training methods and concepts?

4) Do you prefer to work with only people of your own experience level or do you like practicing with people from all experience levels?

5) Would you rather the seminar be deep or broad? i.e. focus on just one or two things or a wide variety of topics?

6) Do you mind other MA practioners participating or do your prefer all WC people?

7) What length of time do you find is ideal to learn the seminar material (one 8 hour day, two eight hour days, two 6 hour days, etc.)

8) Do you prefer low attendence or high attendence seminars?

9) Does your Sifu or lineage discourage attending seminars from other lineages? Does your Sifu or lineage discourage others from attending seminars within your organization?

10) How far would you travel to attend a seminar? How much $$ would you consider to be reasonable?

11) What seminars have you attended?

I don't have a goal other than to see what other people think. I have no intentions of giving any seminars any time soon, but I do enjoy attending them to get another perspective on things and for meeting new people. I'll be happy to share my ideas later in the thread.

regards,

Dzu