PDA

View Full Version : Shi Yongshou of Shaolin

mickey
10-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone know anything about Shi Yongshou? He is the same generation as the present Abbot and really appeared to have excellent form. I would love to see footage of him in action.

mickey

xiao
10-13-2004, 03:58 AM
Hey Mickey,

Do You mean the older man (around 60-65) years old ? He's living in South of China right now and I do have some footage of him somewhere....playing a 2 section staff...and the qi gong exercise with the hot iron shovel...:D

mickey
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Hello xiao,

Dare you tease me!!!!:)

I would rather see empty hand performances by him. Do you know if he has put out any vcds?

mickey

xiao
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey Mickey,

I will check but i don't think that tape has empty hand forms of him...btw how do You know him?...not many people know this man..and I don't think he has any vcd's out there..

Greetz

mickey
10-13-2004, 03:48 PM
xiao,

He was in some of the earlier photo books on Shaolin. His body language was quite different from the others and it was highly suggestive of a very long period of training. He seems to be a more "behind the scenes" person; yet, I did read on the net that he went to Taiwan to represent Shaolin. That in itself suggests fighting ability.

I guess Shaolin has its gifts because I could not tell he was the age you suggested. When it comes to certain things, especially movement (in any discipline), I prefer to observe the older practitioners. The well of refinement speaks through them.

mickey