PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Corporate Kung Fu (or, "A Long List of Reasons NOT To Practice It")

Wildwoo
10-14-2004, 01:37 AM
byebye

SimonM
10-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Ouch! 1/2 hour classes! That sucks.

At my kwoon, you can attend any class you like, as many classes you like. The school is open for 6 days a week (though only an hour on Saturday) and there are usually 1-2 hours of childrens classes followed by 2-3 hours of adult classes. Each class is technically 1 hour long though people who stay for two hours will often skip out on the warmup of the 2nd class to either practice forms or spar. In addition to the traditional KF classes, my Sifu also has classes in Kickboxing, Jiu Jutsu, Gumdo and trains some western style Boxers.

Payment of the $75/month entitles you to join any of the classes though my Sifu does request that Jiu Jutsu students buy a propper uniform (partially because it is hard to do a sleave choke in a sleaveless t-shirt) and restricts beginners from taking Gumdo in most cases.

There are good Kwoons out there. Good luck! :D

David Jamieson
10-14-2004, 12:24 PM
why didn't you just sign her up in the same class as you to begin with? Instead of going to another school. And if it is that bad, why would Kisu recommend it to you?

???

???

signed
devils advocate

Wildwoo
10-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Can I erase this thread? My SIfu is really PO that I posted this. I am not the person who wrote this it is from my Sifu's website testimonial page and I thought it would be good for some people to read but my Sifu said I should have thought about posting another school's name on internet forums. I did not think. I am new to the school and I guess a little bit over enthusiastic. My understanding is the student was amking a long commute to attend Harmonious Fist and she wanted another school closer to her home for her kids and Sifu recomended the one in the article I don't know. Can I erase this thread?

Woo

TenTigers
10-15-2004, 07:58 AM
hmmmm, evidently not.

David Jamieson
10-15-2004, 08:10 AM
go to the top post that you originally created.
select edit

check the box that says "delete" at the top of the page

submit

presto, thread gone, nasty implications forgotten by all, except for those people who read this thread :p

Songshan
10-15-2004, 10:59 PM
um ok, you lost me here with your post.