PDA

View Full Version : now that i understand how to poll, i do have a poll.

ng mui rules
08-16-2001, 05:05 AM
if you read my "polls" that sound pretty harsh, i would like to poll you oppinions now. that way i can better understand were everyone is comming from. im sorry i was so harsh, its just that in light of the info i said about sparring, and the fact that when i went to a tournament there were at least 30 wing chun people there and they all competed in chi sau, at least 10 advanced. and myself and one other wing chun guy were the only people out of the 30 that sparred in the actual tournament, against other styles. i just saw a problem. when we don't compete in tournaments we give up the respect earned for wing chun by people like wong and chueng how defended WC honor back in the old days. so i hope that explain better my reason for sounding harsh. what is your oppinion of the wing chun community and the amount of competetive sparring that is done, and does the who community still have or lost honor in the eyes practitioners of other styles. (and yes it does matter that wing chun has honor)