PDA

View Full Version : The thoughts based art and the Awareness based art

yellowpikachu
10-15-2004, 08:38 AM
The thoughts based art and the Awareness based art.

In my understanding, Wing Chun is an Awareness Based art instead a thoughts based art that people rigidly following the instrcution to learn, memorized, and train in a certain combination and technics...

Soft or Rou is in a big part an Awareness Based art. Because Soft or Adaptive needs to based itself in Awareness in order to be Adaptive and Flow.

And, Awareness based art train to converge both the mind and body into Awareness. if Awareness is Life. Then, it is about making the mind and physical body to become a-live to live in Now.

What do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
One can never step on the same flowing water twice.

AmanuJRY
10-15-2004, 09:28 AM
I think it is awareness based and thought produced. I agree that awareness is needed to be adaptive and to have flow. But the process of developing structure, technique, etc. come from thought based training and, once a person has become comfortable with those elements moves to awareness based training. Like yin and yang, I believe you can't have one without the other.

PaulH
10-16-2004, 09:27 AM
"if Awareness is Life. Then, it is about making the mind and physical body to become a-live to live in Now."

It's hard to stop this kind of arrow! Bulleye! =)

anerlich
10-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I agree with Justin.

BTW Juston I feel privileged to share your .sig with Albert and Jimi (as I was with Soren before).