PDA

View Full Version : San Da

SPJ
10-16-2004, 10:54 PM
If somebody is interested in learning San Da, how does he or she start?

There is the San Da sport version. The rules are still evolving and highly promoted in China in the 21 century.

There is also San Da training stage from different schools of TCMA.

San means fragmented or formless. This a relative term to practices or training using forms (Toulu)

Da means strikes or hitting.

San Da means free sparring, free fighting and not formulated or choreographed fighting drills.

:confused:

SevenStar
10-16-2004, 11:00 PM
by doing research and finding a reputable teacher, I'd imagine.

David Jamieson
10-17-2004, 08:23 AM
study Kungfu.

It's part of the curriculum in the serious schools. San Da comes after basics and form is learned. At that point, you are generally expected to learn how to use the style.

This free form sparring is usually metered at first allowing for a sort of turn based attack and defend using the style scenario.

Over time, as experience is gained and more knowledge is acquired and internalized, the san da becomes more free flowing.

at intermediate and advanced levels of a given style, san da becomes common to the practice and learn regimen.

ShaolinTiger00
10-17-2004, 09:05 AM
study Kungfu.

a guaranteed way to get your ass kicked by a san da fighter.

want san da? go find a san da gym. can't find one? go immediately to other combat sport gyms (muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, MMA, judo sambo etc..) at least these places will teach you applicable skills and develop attributes that carry across to san da.

WanderingMonk
10-17-2004, 09:21 AM
SPJ,

contact David Ross (lkfmdc) and have him put you in contact with one of those san da school out in CA.

David Jamieson
10-17-2004, 09:28 AM
yes st00 we are all well aware of your bias and apparent hatred towards traditional martial arts.

many of us are equally aware that you don't seem to know wtf you are talking about.

what do you think san da means after all? and where do you think it came from? do you think its something new?

allow me to educate you oh impetuous and unthinking one. san da has long been part of the chinese martial arts curriculum in a great many traditional schools.

Now if you wish to continue with your nonsensical beligerence towards traditional martial arts, feel free, but you only continue to look as silly as you ever have.

lol

SPJ
10-17-2004, 09:28 AM
WM;

Thank you very much for the reply.

I was posting it as a general question.

If I run into people that have the request, I will refer them to you.

Enforcer-
10-17-2004, 01:15 PM
yes st00 we are all well aware of your bias and apparent hatred towards traditional martial arts.

It's all because of ralek. he had to have kicked his ass using modern training from watching movies and playing video games. Damm that modern training. by the way would you consider yi quan traditional? It did very well in the first danda championships.

WinterPalm
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
If you want to learn San Da by itself, as removed from its origins in Kung Fu, then look for a just San Da school. It's as simple as that.