PDA

View Full Version : Wong Doc Fai claims "empty force"....

Ai Lek Ou Seun
10-17-2004, 05:47 PM
http://www.plumblossom.net/Testimonials/weiss.html

Do you believe it or not?;)

David Jamieson
10-18-2004, 05:24 AM
your post is misleading considering what is said in the link, which is a student talking about an experience that he describes as such.

Laviathan
10-18-2004, 06:26 AM
In Yiquan/Dachengquan and some other martial arts styles, Kong Jing "Empty Force" is practiced. I have experienced it myself a few times. However, it seems that it doesn't work on non-martial artists. In most cases, the sifu can use empty force on some of his students, but not all. It all depends on how receptive a person for his/her body to respond.

Ai Lek Ou Seun
10-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
your post is misleading considering what is said in the link, which is a student talking about an experience that he describes as such.

Not really. I don't think the student would call it such unless the teacher had explained it as "kong jing." Besides if you are hitting someone with "mystical forces" from across the room that is "kong jing."

Peace.

Mika
10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
"For example one time someone called the studio inquiring about classes. Grandmaster Wong mentioned the introductory program and the caller evidently asked if the studio has a parking lot (SF is known for very limited parking). Grandmaster replied, "No, I don't have a parking lot and if I did then I wouldn't need to teach martial arts, I could just charge people for parking". I couldn't stop laughing just picturing the face of the caller."

I have met Wong Doc-Fai, and the above story - true or not - goes well together with the image he portrayed during that meeting.

//mika

David Jamieson
10-19-2004, 05:22 AM
Not really. I don't think the student would call it such unless the teacher had explained it as "kong jing."

This is your supposition and assumption alone.

The link is a statement by a student that does not use the term Lin Kong Jing or lin kong jin or knog jing et el, etc etc.

so, to say that the head of the school is making the claim is incorrect. the claim is being made and actually only alluded too by that link you have posted. This is why I say your post topic is misleading.

I would also add that Empty force is not realy about knocking people down without touching them. It is a term that has been grossly misunderstood and grossly misused in various internet forums. Generally by people who have never had any proper experience with what it is.

There are also circus performer types of kungfu people who perpetuate this incorrect relay of information regarding empty force.

anyway, do your home work and find out more. And yes, there are charlatans etc etc. But this doesn't make the theory invalid when it is approached from the correct angle.

Ai Lek Ou Seun
10-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Kung Lek-

It is obvious to anyone reading that quote that Doc Fai Wong is claiming the ability of something referred to as "Empty Force."

So I reject the claim that I am misleading people.

Let's get away from the term "Lin Kong Jing" for a second because that could have several translations and/or meanings as you have alluded to.

And I don't really need that particular term to make my argument because the student defines what is meant by "Empty Force" as he uses it in this context:

"Force travels to you from a distance, manipulating your body."

That's the students own words.

So whether you call it Empty Force or Lin Kong Jing or "sldfjsdlkfjsdlkf" for that matter it all implies the same thing.

That Wong Doc Fai claims and has apparently "demonstrated"
that he has the supernatural ability to send force from a distance.

It's the main website for his organization and he has ultimate control over what gets put on it.

So your not gonna get away with saying "but it's his student that said it and not him."

It's a "testimonial" on his own website for christ sake!

That be like saying Iron Kim gets off the hook for the 11 story building jump claim because his student said it not him.

If this claim was made in a passing conversation that's one thing but when it is written down, made public and put as a testimonial on someone's website they take the responsiblity.

So back to my original question, do you believe it or not?

:p

CLFNole
10-19-2004, 12:16 PM
My grandfather once told me...

"believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

I have always lived by these words. There is way too much BS out there. People say they can project chi and put candles out and gulable people fall for it not knowing the candles have special wicks and that all the time the demonstrator is summoning his chi lighting bolt he is actually counting down to when he knows the candle will go out.

Dicussing this kind of thing is pointless. The kung fu star trek people wearing monk robes with a flute on their back will believe this crap all day long, so why bother arguing.

There is no magic only hard work.

Peace.