PDA

View Full Version : Vegas?

Jim Roselando
10-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello,

Question!

Anyone on this list train in Vegas?

A guy recenlty asked me if I had any info. on WC clubs in Vegas? I told him I can ask!

Anyone know of any good clubs?

Also, Hsing Yi and Ba Gwa would be something he is also interested if there was better quality in those arts versus WC!

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

AmanuJRY
10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I believe there is a Wing Chun Kung Fu Council (Ip Ching) guy there, by the name of Scott ??

He can probably find it through wckfc.com

Vajramusti
10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Steve Leung teaches there- privately. He is listed in the phone directory- but does not have an advertisement in the phone book-
if I recall. Leung was with Duncan leung and Alan lee in NY for a long time before moving west.

Jim Roselando
10-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Justin/Joy!

Thanks!

I will write all these down and forward. I was thinking Steven Leung was there but was not sure. He is a nice guy. I used to talk with him years ago. We exchanged some tapes at one point. He left them for me in Bak Lei Bo or something in NY chinatown. Nice guy!

Keep the info. coming guys!

hehe

Thanks,

mexenergy
10-18-2004, 06:45 PM
There's a Ben Der student teaching out there as well. His website is www.bcwingchun.com. Check them out. :D

Jim Roselando
10-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Hello,

Much thanks for the link!

:)

pvwingchun
10-19-2004, 05:42 PM
I lived in both Boulder City and Las Vegas for several years in the late 70's thru the mid 90's. The BC (Boulder City) Wing Chun guy could be a long way from Vegas depending on where he lives.

There is also Bradley Temple who trained with Lo Man Kam for several years. Augustine Fong also has a student or two up there I trained with one of them a few years ago when there visiting my folks.

Check here

http://www.wingchun.org/txt/schools/usa/nv.html

John

canglong
10-20-2004, 02:39 AM
This site was posted earlier it may be of interest to you. Las Vegas School (www.lomankamwingchun.com )

Jim Roselando
10-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks again!

Will forward!

Yung Apprentice
11-23-2004, 07:23 AM
As for Hsing-Yi , there is a school out here. It's under Dale Shigenaga (sp?)

There is also a really great JKD school here, and there is of course the Shoalin monk teaching here. Bradley Temple teaches at the same place as the Shaolin monk.

martyg
11-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Jim Roselando
Justin/Joy!

Thanks!

I will write all these down and forward. I was thinking Steven Leung was there but was not sure. He is a nice guy. I used to talk with him years ago. We exchanged some tapes at one point. He left them for me in Bak Lei Bo or something in NY chinatown. Nice guy!

Thanks,

Jim, I still talk to Steve. If you want, email me the guy's info and I'll forward it on to him.

Marty
Watchful Dragon (http://www.hanweionline.org/wingchun)

Jim Roselando
11-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for all the info..

The guy recently told me he is not moving back for a while. Sheesh!

Appreciate the help tho and will let him know there is some stuff out there!

Regards,

Phil Redmond
11-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Vajramusti
Steve Leung teaches there- privately. He is listed in the phone directory- but does not have an advertisement in the phone book-
if I recall. Leung was with Duncan leung and Alan lee in NY for a long time before moving west.
Yup, Steve was at the 3 Great Jones St. kwoon back in the 70's He used to help me with my chi sau back then. I used to email him a while back. Did you know he did a movie or two?
Phil

LMKWingChun
11-24-2004, 01:32 AM
There is a Lo Man Kam Wing Chun School in Las Vegas. If you would like more information regarding this school, you can visit www.lomankamwingchun.com or you can call 702-768-1201.

Yung Apprentice
11-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Yeah, that was what I was referring to. The LMK under Bradley Temple is at the same place as the Shaolin school, correct?

When I emailed Steve a while back when I was interested in WC, he replied quickly.