PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun video clips

Phil Redmond
10-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I know there is a video clip thread on the kung fu forum, but I thought that it'd be nice to have one here. Sometimes it's hard to explain a technique with text. Here's one where I'm showing how to control an attacker's balance with Sifu Kennedy in T.O.
http://www.free-element.com/wingchun/biu-biu_lauh_vs_dbl_punch.mpg

I hope others will share clips here as well.
PR

YongChun
10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi Phil,

What camera and software you use to do the clips. I am looking for a video camera to do all that stuff.

Ray

AmanuJRY
10-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Ray,

Do you have a video camera yet? If you do, what kind?

If not, get any digital camcorder with a d/v out on it. Chances are that it will come with some basic video editing software, like MGI or Pinnacle which is probably your best bet unless money is no object.

If you have an extra couple grand to spend, get a good digi-cam and buy adobe's premiere.

YongChun
10-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi Justin,

I don't have one yet and was thinking of spending about $1000 because I'm not really planning to go into doing big video productions. Thanks for the advice.

Ray

Phil Redmond
10-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Ray,
I use a Sony Cybershot digital camera. I simply upload to my computer. For some clips I get real technical.
I place a VHS tape into the VCR and and aim my digital camera at the TV screen then upload to my computer....LOL
PR

sihing
10-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Phil,
After you upload it to your computer how do you allow us to get access to it? On the clips you have been sharing it had, www.free-element.com in there somewhere, are loading the clips on to another website and then we gain access there?

James

Phil Redmond
10-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi James, one of my students has a 'web hosting' company? (I hope that's the right term). I have access to an ftp addy there.
PR

AmanuJRY
10-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by YongChun
Hi Justin,

I don't have one yet and was thinking of spending about $1000 because I'm not really planning to go into doing big video productions. Thanks for the advice.

Ray

Ray,

That should get you a decent camcorder with d/v ability (which should come with the basic software), and leave a little for things like the right kind of patch cable (usb, firewire, etc.). Then it's all about framing and getting a good angle.

:D Have fun!

sihing
10-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks Phil. I imagine there is a monthly fee for the FTP address.

JR