PDA

View Full Version : Bafanzi Boxing

Enforcer-
10-19-2004, 03:56 AM
what the hell is this style sopposed to be?

It was mentioned in this article:
http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/xyxy/diguoyong.html

Some other obscure and weird styles Ive never ehard of are also mentioned.

HopGar
10-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Bafanzi? did you read the whole article? I didn't see anything about that other than some jibberish about chuo jiao (shuai chiao?) and faan tzi being combined....I guess this guy is a xing yi master of some kind...that was more or less the whole article. I'll defer this to some of the more knowedgeble people

Peace

Meat Shake
10-19-2004, 12:47 PM
"chuo jiao"

Due to different dialects, pretty much any time you see "jiao" or "chiao" its referring to shuai chiao, or at least the throwing aspect of kung fu.

Then again, I dont speak chinese so Im not positive.
:)

WanderingMonk
10-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
"chuo jiao"

Due to different dialects, pretty much any time you see "jiao" or "chiao" its referring to shuai chiao, or at least the throwing aspect of kung fu.

Then again, I dont speak chinese so Im not positive.
:)

"Chuo Jiao" roughly translate to "penetrating feet". it is a nothern system which uses a lot of kicks. It was a very popular style in tournaments back in the early republic days.

CaptinPickAxe
10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
what the hell is your purpose here?

Enforcer-
10-19-2004, 06:12 PM
so why are these styles extinct now if they are so good?

WanderingMonk
10-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Enforcer-
so why are these styles extinct now if they are so good?

let's see, chinese vs Japanese in WWII. japanese was a modern mechanized army with tanks, fighters planes, etc. China had a lot of infantry. These nothern chinese fighters either fought as guerillas behind enemy lines or joined the infantry. Not that many of them survived the fight. bullets beats kung-fu, karate, mma.

put your best mma fighter vs a mechanized army with modern weapons. I put my money on the mechanized army. your choice might vary.

Enforcer-
10-19-2004, 07:19 PM
so is there anyone on earth that knows any of these styles and is willing to teach them?

Enforcer-
10-19-2004, 09:06 PM
how bout these styles?

Pa Fan Ch'uan, Hung Ch'uan, Hsing Men, and Chin Kang Ch'uan.

Brad
10-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Hung Ch'uan=Hong Quan which you can find videos of it for sale all over, including this website. There's lots of different variations of it around, so it's not super rare at all. Hung Ch'uan could also be refering to Hung Gar(another not so rare style).

I'll let someone else tackle the rest :p

Enforcer-
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
how bout Big Red boxing (xingyi master guo yin shen was said to have practised it before xingyi).

Brad
10-19-2004, 09:42 PM
From what I've seen of Hong Quan(Red Boxing), it generally has two main forms... Xiao Hong Quan(small red boxing) then Da Hong Quan(big red boxing). I allways figured the small one was the beginer form, and the big one was the advanced form, but I've never studied the style. http://www.plumpub.com has a bunch of videos of the Shaolin versions of Hong Quan(which include both xiao and da hong quan).

Hurtin in China
10-20-2004, 03:45 AM
HEY!!!!!!,

I do that style! I do Fanzhi chuan and chuo jiao and are learning a lot others here in China. Chuo Jiao has a lot of high kicks but also a lot of China and leg breaking tech. My master holds a lineage in fanzhi and chuo jiao. I am his only student and he is pretty soon I will be part of his lineage. His name is Tong Qing Hui. He teaches traditional wushu/kung fu, weopons, and Sanda. He is a really a good coach in fighting and hopes to some day be offiliated with a wushu school in America. I am trying to find a school or people to come here in China to train with him. If you need any info I could hook you up with video's of me and Master Tong practicing together at his school. Email me if you want.

Ericrazote@yahoo.com