PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen that Trinidad vs Mayorga fight?

FuXnDajenariht
10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
wow....what a good fight! i always thot boxing matches were pretty boring but they put on a good show! i was routin for mayorga cuz he had a lotta heart but his trainers shoulda reigned him in sooner since trinidad was a better fighter. he tired himself out too early.

MantisFistMonk
10-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes it was an amazing fight.

You'd have to understand the way Mayorga fights though. He is unnatural. His corner knows he's a freak that can take an amazing amount of punishment and still keep going, and go even harder most of the time.

And Mayorga smokes cigarettes, and drinks beer.

I actually won a photo of Trinidad (autographed) by predicting how the fight would go down I think about 3-4 days before it.

woohoo

Anyways it was a good fight.

If you enjoyed that then I suggest you look into the Mickey Ward vs Arturo Gatti I II and III, and the Morales vs Berrera fights.

Just as good if not better.

FuXnDajenariht
10-19-2004, 04:57 PM
I still think he should of concentrated on his defense tho... Too many shots to the head. Imagine the braincells he lost. He didn't use his being able to take damage to his advantage. He coulda drew him in, maybe taken a few shots but got his own hits in. Instead he threw wild punches till he started stumbling around like the town drunk. Trinidad was way too accurate to try to outbox him, plus his longer reach. I guess they thought he'd be slow and clumsy after 2 years. Still tho. I always cheer for the underdog, and he gets points for red hair.

:D

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-19-2004, 06:34 PM
No idea who Trinidad is, but did catch a great fight lately between Mayorga and (something sounding like ) Guetamala ( :confused: ). Mayorga lost out 98 - 92 and his 200+ swings playing amigos 175 to landing strikes of 165 and 113. Mayorga was bigger and was hitting harder and even landing more, but I think in the end it came down to feet and endurance.
Good match up.

Did you catch the last round speed chop off?? last round!!! inspiring stuff!

FuXnDajenariht
10-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Hell yea i did. Thats what i meant by he shouldn't tire himself out so quick. He was pretty much target practice by the last rounds cuz he couldn't even pick his arms up. Mayorgas head got turned into a speed bag tho he did show sum life too, I guess if you get ****ed off enough. You gotta feel sorry for him, but Trinidad played him right into his gloves. Trinidad barely threw a punch the first round. Can you believe they both got off 500+ punches? Trinidad tagged Mayorga about 60%. lol The guy looked like a crime scene by the end.

brothernumber9
10-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Gatti - Ward I and II were unbeleivable. All due respect to Trinidad - Mayorga, their fight was spectacular, but Gatti -Ward was un freakin beleivable. I've never heard Emmanuel Stewart more animated ever. A friend of mine records and archives tons of fights.

Isn't Gatti supposed to be fighting Costa Tzyu soon?

MantisFistMonk
10-20-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by brothernumber9
Gatti - Ward I and II were unbeleivable. All due respect to Trinidad - Mayorga, their fight was spectacular, but Gatti -Ward was un freakin beleivable. I've never heard Emmanuel Stewart more animated ever.

My barber saw the first Gatti Ward in person at Foxwoods.

I was gonna go but something came up and for that I've missed one of the great boxing matches of our time.

*wipes tear from eye*

Originally posted by brothernumber9
Isn't Gatti supposed to be fighting Costa Tzyu soon?

I believe they are in talks. I hope this happens, this will be a crazy fight but it's boxing, who knows if this will even go down.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-20-2004, 07:24 AM
sounds like a cream fest to watch out for but my $$ are going to be on tsyu! what are the stats ( weight / fights/ wins etc )

does anyone know??