PDA

View Full Version : blitz defence

Big Vern
08-17-2001, 04:03 PM
what is it!
can anyone from the ewto explain what blitz defence training is please.

wtsihing
08-18-2001, 03:23 AM
You're in England. I'm fairly certain there's a WT school there in London. Contact them or find their web site. It's likely you can order Dr. K's "Blitz Defense" book through them.

Big Vern
08-18-2001, 01:31 PM
thank u for your idea on contacting this group, i had believe it or not thought of that. but what do u know of blitz defence being a wt chap, is it just more scenarios trying to apply chain punch + advance step or is it a real revolution in self defence? maybe u know and maybe u feel that someone else is more qualified on the subject!

wtsihing
08-18-2001, 06:14 PM
but it has smart stuff and it encompasses ways of remaining within legal parameters while dealing with self defense situations, among other things. It gets you to think. It is scenario based by its nature. It is not a 'new system', it is good supplemental training however. I recommend it for that alone. If you know WT (WC ok) you will see its insidioulsy 'invisible cloak hiding the dagger'.

Big Vern
08-18-2001, 08:41 PM
sounds rather interesting, but in general how does it compare with the likes of geoff thompsons " animal day" training which is very search and destroy. this is the big thing in the UK at the moment and receives alot of press recognition, where blitz defence might just in its title offend the english because of its link to W.W.2 blitz bombing raids on London, we are still a bit touchy on German based bias, especially if u r into football. dont get me wrong though i am not a xenophobe, i just live on an island.

old jong
08-18-2001, 10:36 PM
Yeah,I guess "blitz defense" is not a good marketting name in England!...Some of your older fellows can still hear the sirens!...