PDA

View Full Version : New, looking info on a style of matis

Crouchtiger
10-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi, I will probably be starting up studying Mantis soon.

The style I will be learning Taiji Mei Hua Tanglang Quan._ I think it is also called "Northern Plum Blossom Mantis" .

Could anyone tell me about the characteristics of this style? Lot of kicks, punchs, joint locks, etc....? Is it much different from other forms of Mantis?

Oh, also I am in my mid 30's and this is my first real expericance with Kung Fu (did some karate way back), would this be something good for me (in other words am I too old for this)? Oh my knees and back act up on me at times, but not to the point of stopping me from doing things (but then again, if it is something too strenuous, I probably have to watch myself).

Well any info, thoughts, would be great. Oh and if there is a web resourse, please let me know.

Thank you.

MantisFistMonk
10-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Hello.

I'm glad to see you have taken interest!

You can find out more information about the style here :

http://www.mantisboxing.msk.ru/index_eng.html

You are not to old for Mantis at 30. It is a very powerful style and everyone can benefit from it.

tug
10-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Mantis is good for anyone at any age. Just have to find the style that works best for you.

I studied Mantis with a friend of mine who was, at the time, pushing 60 and waaay out of shape. Didn't matter.