PDA

View Full Version : anyone else sick of these kung fu is not useless threads?

Shaolinlueb
10-20-2004, 08:50 AM
I sure am. if you think its useless and always having to defend yourself because other people are ignorant and have you thinking kung fu is useless, stop taking it, go take something thats "proven in modern times like bjj" :rolleyes:. A punch is a punch, a kick is a kick, always has been always will be. kung fu always has a way to train against it. you take it cause you like it and you believe in it. okay? so just go trian and train hard. and stop trying to "prove something" discussion is useless with all the what if's. if you want to prove something, train hard enter ufc claim kung fu only oaky? ;)

/end rant.

fa_jing
10-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Look. MA schools compete for students. That's why these style vs. style discussions will never end - as long as there are MA instructors posting, and of course there always will be. The same goes for San Da/San Shou vs. TCMA. Whatever points there were to be made, were made long ago, and at this point have practically been lost.

SimonM
10-20-2004, 07:10 PM
This is the Kung Fu Magazine forum.

That's right, Kung Fu!

If you think Kung Fu is useless go somewhere else; like a BJJ forum.

In other words, yes I am sick of both "kung fu sux" threads and threads defending kung fu.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-20-2004, 08:16 PM
I think ppl who say these things are just looking for affirmation. You are right!!BUt Lueb, this is a kung fu forum and I think that's half the reason we're here. ;) :cool:

Shaolinlueb
10-20-2004, 08:37 PM
okay ill jsut go back to watching Project A-ko ;) :D

Enforcer-
10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
I have a feeling this is gonna turn into another flame war with a possible challenge match.

Ego_Extrodinaire
10-20-2004, 10:24 PM
I'd like to appeal for leaniency on behalf on the noob.

SifuAbel
10-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by fa_jing
Look. MA schools compete for students. That's why these style vs. style discussions will never end - as long as there are MA instructors posting, and of course there always will be. The same goes for San Da/San Shou vs. TCMA. Whatever points there were to be made, were made long ago, and at this point have practically been lost.

So true..............

Then there are the petulant children whom post out of sheer bias for their "ultimate truth". Hint to the children: santa claus is dead. :rolleyes:

CaptinPickAxe
10-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Kung Fu is useless:p

CaptinPickAxe
10-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Seriously, though. Anyone saying such things is just ignorant or trying to get a rise out of you.

How well you can fight is a direct result of how you train. If you do nothing but form work and spar at 50%, chances are you're going to have problems in the real world. If you spar full contact as well as doing forms then you'll be more in your element. Everyone should know this. Threads like these are like dogs chasing thier tails...it goes in circles and you get nothing accomplished.