PDA

View Full Version : Next videos

VingDragon
10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
What's up guys! I'd like to share with you, again. This time Chum Kiu video

click or save target as... (http://photos.imageevent.com/vingdragon/dmr/VingCK.wmv)

more videos: HERE (http://imageevent.com/vingdragon)

Enjoy!:D

PaulH
10-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Very entertaining pics and videos! Thanks! I vote that you should replace Uncle Sam as the Big Brother! =)

old jong
10-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I like it!...And,you even manage to look not so grumpy in that one!...;) :D
Good work! :cool:

yellowpikachu
10-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by VingDragon
What's up guys! I'd like to share with you, again. This time Chum Kiu video

click or save target as... (http://photos.imageevent.com/vingdragon/dmr/VingCK.wmv)

more videos: HERE (http://imageevent.com/vingdragon)

Enjoy!:D

Thanks!

Great man in black movies! :D

sihing
10-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Derek,
Very nice videos, I like the sound effects for the Chum kiu form especially. Question for you, you are from the Weng Chun line, and you learned Chi Sim Weng Chun correct? I was under the impression that they did not have the SLT, Chum kiu or Bil Gee forms, do you learn that from GM Hoffman. Also on your Tan Sao vid you were demonstrating, we use Tan against the round also, but we face the point of contact, which to us means that the centerline, to which the Tan is located down, would face where ever the contact is, so for example in your video, my centerline would be facing your punching arm, not your body and a side step toward the punching arm would usually be employed with the Tan around the wrist area not the elbow. Keep up the great work and the videos, the are very informative of your way and entertaining also, you have a good sense of humor..

James

hunt1
10-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the videos, they are always enjoyable and informational. One question ,what family are the SNT and Chum Kui from?

VingDragon
10-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey, thanks you for your comments. I'm glad, you like it

I like it!...And,you even manage to look not so grumpy in that one!...
:D :D :D

Question for you, you are from the WengChun line, and you learned ChiSimWengChun correct? I was under the impression that they did not have the SLT, Chumkiu or BilGee forms, do you learn that from GMHoffman
Yes, I was learn it stright from him. Since he started to spread Chi Sim he just stoped to teach those standard sets, but I like all of them

Also on your TanSao video you were demonstrating, we use TS against the round also, but we face the point of contact, which to us means that the center line, to which the TS is located down, would face where ever the contact is, so for example in your video, my center line would be facing your punching arm, not your body and a side step toward the punching arm would usually be employed with the TS around the wrist area not the elbow
well, the Tansao vid I did with my friend from Chicago. He visited me to trening with. During that session we did exercise and we did a conversation about using of TanSao. He asked me a lot of question. In the mean time, there were a hard discussion about my TanSao on Polish message board where I usually write, so I decided to put a small clip there to explain what I mean.This is a small piece of large 40 minutes video only. I know what you mean, but personally I dont use Tan Sao to block a round hit - cause it does not works form me

you have a good sense of humor...
It's my pleasure :)

what family are the SNT and ChumKui from?
It comes from Cheng Kwong, Andreas and a little bit of my invented choreography :)

more videos - soon :)

sihing
10-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Yes, some of the movements from the Chum kil with the arm breaks and huen sao's, I've never seen those before in that part of the form. Well keep'em coming Derek, so far so good. I will try to add some more also.

James

VingDragon
10-22-2004, 03:12 PM
yeah, :)

I'll make a Biu Chee, Dummy and Weapons, too - soon

waiting for your clips

greetings

VingDragon

planetwc
10-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Ving Dragon,

That was a lot of fun to watch!
It will be good to see more videos from you.
Very clever and fun to hear the old skool HK sound effects.

It would however, be good to see the footwork as well...
ie. your staging of the shots should be such that we see whole body movement (head to toe).

regards,

VingDragon
10-24-2004, 08:53 AM
yeah, I know what's you mean :)

everyone is recording his own set of forms in that same way, in studio, head to toe view etc.

I said - let's do it in another way, let's show a different angles of camera and we did it.

Im trying to show beauty of well known forms, thats my way of frameing

I have Siu Lim Tao recorded and performed by my friend Rik

Actually Im working on Biu Chee set as also on Saam Bai Fut & Sap Yat Kuen form

soon!