PDA

View Full Version : how a set building up energy and influence one.

yellowpikachu
10-24-2004, 09:37 AM
how a set building up energy and influence one.

Thus, I have heard,

A set one does everyday is going to influence one's mind and body. This is a fact.

What is the reason?

Doing a set is developing the breathing, momentum, and energy in one. Wherether one aware of it or not. Wherether it is in a healty or not healhty way.

Generaly speaking,

The Indian's chakra system's first order's characteristics is emphasis in the energy centers and how to work to balance/open the energy upward. While the Chinese TCM system's first order's characteristics is about the distribution system and how to manupulate them for different purpose. These are two major models groups when dealing with energy.

However, Even within the above same models group, say, Different type of Yoga or Pilates training..ect will produce different type of fruits grow from the training.

That is the same with Sets based on the TCM. They will produce different "fruits" from the training.

Thus, observing/investigating different set one can identify what kind of energy/mind/body the set will develop since mind/body/breathing/energy are a dice with difference faces. And, by practicing a different set one will have a different personality/mind/body/enery after awhile because one is condition with different conditioning and flow of energy.

Care to share your view?

anerlich
10-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Yoga or Pirate training

Arrrhhhhh Matey! We be runnin' the Jolly Roger up the mizzenmast! Avast there me hearties!

Now where did I put that eyepatch and my wooden leg ....

old jong
10-24-2004, 03:28 PM
:D I can almost hear the accent,reading this!...BTW,the worst thing about being a pirate is having to scrape all that parrot **** on the shoulder every day after work!...:eek: ;)

PaulH
10-25-2004, 08:30 AM
In the pole training section especially where you have to lift the heavy pole up with your two hands from its end , thrust it out, draw it back to chest, and drop it down to groin without dropping the pole throughout the process, the breathing pattern seems to be forceful expulsion of air. Does it not violate the SLT training?

Vajramusti
10-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Paul H--- a response to your question--- IMO- the answer is no... no violation. In slt you learn to breathe "naturally"... what is natural depends on context.
When you are tired your breathing will change.
When you are winded your breathing will change.
When you move something heavy your breathing will change.
When you do the slt first part slow you breathe naturally.
In the fak sao section- its faster- your breathing will change.
Adjusting to nature is part of long run slt development.

Deliberately compressing breathing or sanchin breathing goes against wing chun principles. Of course IMO..semper imo.

yellowpikachu
10-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
In the pole training section especially where you have to lift the heavy pole up with your two hands from its end , thrust it out, draw it back to chest, and drop it down to groin without dropping the pole throughout the process, the breathing pattern seems to be forceful expulsion of air. Does it not violate the SLT training?

what is breathing for SLT training?

PaulH
10-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your view is that the breathing is a control mechanism to harmonize the working of the mind and body. It is not forced unnaturally though Joy points out very well that it is not unnatural in that pole section. Thanks!

yellowpikachu
10-29-2004, 08:14 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your view is that the breathing is a control mechanism to harmonize the working of the mind and body. It is not forced unnaturally though Joy points out very well that it is not unnatural in that pole section. Thanks!

No one is wrong so nothing to be correct.

there is deep breathing. there is short breathing. there is forcefull breathing. there is silence breathing. there is fire breathing. there is.....

breaking the limit is the way how I see how a set building up energy and influence one.

By saying, this is right or that is wrong. put the limits on. everything has a time for it. and the time is not neccessary a mechanical one.

PaulH
10-29-2004, 08:23 AM
the forceful breathing... I understand occasionally you need to do it to tap into quick energy when you are low on reserve. What is the fire breathing? And the silence breathing is not audible, right? why silence? Is is Alpha Prime? =)

yellowpikachu
10-29-2004, 08:25 AM
the forceful breathing... I understand occasionally you need to do it to tap into quick energy when you are low on reserve. What is the fire breathing? And the silence breathing is not audible, right? why silence? Is is Alpha Prime? =)

People just need more oxigen.

you must be get delude by pokemon pikachu Appentice TV show. turn of the pikachu pokemon Appentice Show and live a life :D

PaulH
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
I can't argue about your entertainment value! =D

yellowpikachu
10-29-2004, 09:55 AM
I can't argue about your entertainment value! =D

always great to strech other's heart. :D