PDA

View Full Version : Perspective.

Mr Punch
10-24-2004, 07:51 PM
What the hell happened to the thread where American citizens were debating the pros and cons of arguably the most important election in recent years, when we've still got the crock of **** that is the Bleggo poll?

So, let me set the ball rolling...

Can some Republican please tell me

in what ways (with some proof of course, if possible) the world has become a safer place since the Iraq War (you can take it back to 911 if you want to)?

How has the Iraq War has benefited the people of the US (I'm talking about the people apart from Blackwater and Dyncorp executives)?

Do you think Bush and his people have done good job in Iraq? (You can take the question as just that or you can rise to this bait...!) ...given that they have ignored military advice from their own generals at every stage, eg, Shinseki and Powell on troop numbers/initial operational strategy, the commanders of the first Falluja assault (once on entry, once on exit); and given that they have blurred the rules of combat so much that they are now prosecuting their own soldiers; also given that the reasons for the continuation of the war are to help establish fair elections, despite all the indicators being that Falluja will be assaulted again when thousands of citizens of Iraq (not insurgents) have said they disagreed with the Falluja citizens treatment enough to boycott the election...?

(Christian/philosophy/human relations 101) How do you forgive someone who will not admit they made any mistakes or did anything wrong?

Which policies do you think have helped you, your relatives and your friends in Bush's regime?

Do you agree with Bush's environmental policies? (Don't bother answering if you think there is no global climate change occuring.)

Do you think the US can/should 'go it alone', and continue to adopt a more isolationist policy, continuing to ignore even the people it calls allies, and if so how can you do this, given international trade? Furthermore, do you believe Bush thinking is nuanced enough to be the man for the job, or do you trust his cronies enough to leave it in their hands?

Sure I'm trolling, but I'm also genuinely interested in the answers and personally I think this debate should continue somewhere on this forum until November 2.

Cheers.

SPJ
10-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Agreed.

I am a policy liberal demo/Repubican with conservativitism in religions and values.

1) Fundamentally, I support a smaller federal government and more local autonomy or control. Which means less government control and tax.

2) War on Iraq is only a temporary step. Whoever in power for the next 4 years has to do a deep soul searching on the overall strategy in US domestic security as a whole. I think there are more urgent things, such as social insecurity, health care, education, jobs, economics or the livelihood of every American and the future as a country. Terrorism and WMD have always been there before or after 9/11. But that is not the one only thing. If you only have a policy of anti-terrorism and engulf everything else including future into it and no policy for the welbeing of the people, it is indeed too high a price to pay. Please do not become an one policy president.

For example, Wu Kuo in China 2400 years ago. The King only thinks about fighting and conquering other countries. He managed to defeat some northern big states. But the kingdom is broke and people are tired because of non stop wars year after year. In the mean time, the small neighboring state of Viet Kuo are gaining strength without any war for 20 years. One day, Viet Kuo just walked in and conquered Wu with little effort.

3) US foreign policy seems to tie with or part of domestic security.

To fight terrorism needs a network of intel and cooperation of police and arm forces of all countries. Once the cells are identified, we only need a small number of force to take them.

Therefore, there is no land nor country to conquer, and no need to build a huge army.

Once Afganstan and Iraq show signs of stability, the US force stationed there will be reduced. If not, there will be dramatic increases in the number of GI deployed. No significant change in the policy over the 2 countries by either candidate.

So this election is really about economic, health care etc and not about War in Iraq or anti-terrorism.

Focus future and not the past, people and both candidates, please.

Serpent
10-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Mat
What the hell happened to the thread where American citizens were debating the pros and cons of arguably the most important election in recent years, when we've still got the crock of **** that is the Bleggo poll?

Hey, at least the Bleggo poll is directly related to this forum. Whereas the US election is directly un-related to this forum and also a crock of ****.

Elitist! :mad:

;)

FuXnDajenariht
10-25-2004, 03:09 AM
yesss......and

no.

Mutant
10-25-2004, 08:16 AM
i despise g.w. bush.
even overlooking differences in fundamental values and judging his performance soley on achievements that might benefit the u.s., he gets a big fat 'F'.
i hope he gets voted out of office on nov. 2nd and that the door hits him in the ass on the way out.