PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone see Pavel's "Fast and Loose" DVD?

IronFist
10-25-2004, 12:32 PM
It's on sale for $5 off. I asked about it there but I kind of got crap (http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/message/300464/) for it.

I'll trust the recommendations of (most) people here.

Serpent
10-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Is it a DVD about Eyebrows?

Samurai Jack
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Wow, These guys must be publishers.

"Relax into Stretch is a flexibility program.

Super Joints is a joint mobility program.

Fast and Loose is a relaxation program."

"I figured that somebody who likes to advertise his MA status could figure that out if he read the ad copy. Oops."

Puhh-leeze. Those guys are d1cks. I don't own the DVD but aside from PTP (which I love), alot of Pavel's stuff looks like hype to me. Relaxation, joint mobility, and flexibilty are very close to being the same thing.

IronFist
10-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Yeah dude I thought that guy was kind of a jerk to me. A lot of them over there are cool, but some of them are annoying. And I agree that while Pavel has some good ideas, much of it is hyped up quite a bit, altho the good content is generally very good. In fact I'd say he's probably influenced my lifting and knowledge of lifting in the last 3 years more than anyone else.

fa_jing
10-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I know that guy. He is a KB organizer around here. Some of the people in our club think he's a d!ck. I think he's alright, though. Just a guy with an inflated ego and an internet poseur.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-30-2004, 11:34 AM
i say we ****ing kill him.

kill him dead and **** him in the eyes.

IronFist
10-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by fa_jing
I know that guy. He is a KB organizer around here. Some of the people in our club think he's a d!ck. I think he's alright, though. Just a guy with an inflated ego and an internet poseur.

Really? I live in IL, too. What kind of KB stuff goes on here?

fa_jing
10-31-2004, 11:28 AM
The Chicago Kettlebell club meets weekly on Sunday afternoons at a gym near Cicero and Foster. Membership is free and you get the use of kettlebells and even the gym, if you are a regular. It was originally organized by Troy, but he rarely attends. The crew is helpful and loves to talk shop. We have a nationwide simultaneous "Sport KB" meet on 12/4, would be nice if you showed up.

IronFist
10-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Every Sunday and free gym membership?!

fa_jing
10-31-2004, 11:51 AM
well if you come to the club meeting, Shawn gives you the run of the gym, but obviously after you've done KB work, and/or in conjunction with what the rest of us are doing. It would be pretty whack to come in there for the meeting, and then go straight to the barbells. ;)

Ford Prefect
11-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Fast and Loose? Sounds like a good date.