PDA

View Full Version : Best Shuai Chiao clip I've seen (link)

ShaolinTiger00
10-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Link (http://johnswang.com/Yee_SC.wmv)

Pretty good imho. (btw the best part may have been the sweet pimp costume the ref wears)

And while I can comment about what they didn't do..(no good shots, so sacrifice throws, no subs etc..) I'm reminded that it's a shuai chiao competition and not a judo, not wrestling, not mma.

Good stuff. this was the first time I've seen 2 fully resisting opponents practice the art.

Meat Shake
10-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Yeah, too bad this computer is an utterly useless piece of **** and I cant watch anything.
:mad:

"this was the first time I've seen 2 fully resisting opponents practice the art"

Hmm... really? Strange... About 80% of our mat time is spent wrestling, the other 20% working locks and allowing each other throws.

premier
10-26-2004, 07:47 AM
Cool. Nice throws in there. Looked a lot like standard olympic wrestling though, but I guess that can be expected. Did the guy in white wrestle against a fresh opponent after he won the first one or did he just get another shirt? :D

I love the music playing in the background ;)

Water Dragon
10-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
Link (http://johnswang.com/Yee_SC.wmv)

And while I can comment about what they didn't do..(no good shots, so sacrifice throws, no subs etc..) I'm reminded that it's a shuai chiao competition and not a judo, not wrestling, not mma.

It's the aesthetic Bro. SC is all about the standing throw. Although, to be honest, I've been pulling off a lot more standing throws now that I'm incorporating shots into my game. If they protect upstairs, I go down. If they protect downstairs, I go upstairs.

ShaolinTiger00
10-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Did the guy in white wrestle against a fresh opponent after he won the first one or did he just get another shirt?

Fresh guy.

I'm not sure about the structure of SC events, but in judo that in called "red and white" tournament and used in promotional events, with the next guy bigger and better than the last. At my last promotional, I defeated 5 consecutive guys in that manner and I was honored with a double promotion. (man was I tired! :D )

Since I'm bragging :o I'm proud to say that I won my division this past weekend as well. :)

Meat Shake
10-26-2004, 08:04 AM
"I'm proud to say that I won my division this past weekend as well."

Who cares? Your division sucks anyways.
:p

Just kidding, congrats. :)

lkfmdc
10-26-2004, 10:26 AM
with dial up, it will take a year to see the clip, but is this the group at Yee's HG in NY? They are students of my friend James Chin, very skilled (both James and his students) and in addition, very nice guys :D

MasterKiller
10-26-2004, 10:27 AM
It's two dudes in a dirt arena. That fireman's carry was sweet.

MoreMisfortune
10-26-2004, 10:29 AM
im busy donlwoding other stuff now
but if its the vid i think it is
2 dudes in a sand-like area
its quite the awesome
if you like grappling also check out my new thread

premier
10-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Looks sort of like a bull fight arena.

WanderingMonk
10-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
with dial up, it will take a year to see the clip, but is this the group at Yee's HG in NY? They are students of my friend James Chin, very skilled (both James and his students) and in addition, very nice guys :D

Coach Ross,

These are Yee, the minority group in china. Not, yee , the clan name.

The clip was posted by Master Wang on EF a while back to demonstrate the variety of chinese SC.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-26-2004, 11:43 AM
good stuff.

Chang Style Novice
10-26-2004, 01:41 PM
About the lack of good shots -

I don't know nuttin' about how to do that stuff, but is there any chance that the sand was causing 'em problems? Seems like in a canvas ring or similar you can slide forward on a lead leg or knee more easily than on sand - that stuff pretty much stops you dead.

Meat Shake
10-26-2004, 01:43 PM
4 point rule... If any 4 points of your body are touching the ground at the same time, you are considered down.
2 hands 2 feet = 4 points.
2 hands, 1 knee, 1 foot = four points.
2 knees, 2 feet = four points
one elbow, one hand, one foot, one knee = four points

The wrestler I train with has four points on the ground every single time he shoots. Hes got one hell of a shot, but he touches all 4 points to the ground and would be considered down every time in a traiditional shuai chiao tourney.

ShaolinTiger00
10-26-2004, 02:25 PM
CSN, I'm sure traction could be a factor. and as Meaty said it could just be about the rules.

Meat Shake
10-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Ahh.. just got home and watched the clip, apparently no 4 point rule. Just a friendly exhibition match it looked like.

I really need to get some vid of myself....

David Jamieson
10-26-2004, 02:37 PM
nice clip. a few decent throws there.

Stranger
10-27-2004, 04:20 AM
I thought it would have looked different. Oh well, to quote Gomer Pyle, "Suprise, suprise, suprise!"

Kristoffer
10-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Nice clip

fa_jing
10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
awesome

real KF at work