PDA

View Full Version : This Needs To Be Said

ketchup
10-29-2004, 08:39 PM
I am seriously surprised and disgusted at behavior of some of the forum members here lately in regards to Blooming Lotus, Ego Maximus, and Earth Dragon. First of all, if someone's mother is dead, you don't make fun of that- you don't put it in your sig, you don't joke about it- that's just plain wrong. And to do it from the safety of a keyboard is cowardly and wrong. Second of all, I saw many characteristics in Blooming Lotus' posts but one I almost never saw was malice- unprovoked. Some of the stuff said by SEVERAL of the forum members here to her were totally uncalled for, below the belt, immature, and malicious. How dare any of you judge her? Just because she told you some things about her life ? I'm sure all of you, as do most people, have skeletons in your closet your ashamed of. Just because someone gives you an opening doesn't mean you should strike it. Look to your own houses before you go cleaning up others'. I'm really astounded at not just the immaturity but the malice, the pettiness, and the banality of some of you- you know who you are. And some of the posters doing this are supposed to be instructors.- I would never study from someone who displayed this kind of character or lack thereof. You may never have to use your martial skills but your character and morality are called into play every day of your life. Perhaps a reordering of priorities is in order for some of you. Think about it-

cerebus
10-29-2004, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fa_jing
10-29-2004, 08:57 PM
mmm hmm, and where were you when all this was going on?

SPJ
10-29-2004, 08:59 PM
There are a lot of seriousness in real life and MA classrooms.

So most of the posters are here to relax and chat or be social.

Nobody really takes anybody else's posts seriously.

We are not in class, are we.

And posters that are serious enough are usually not taken seriously.

Relax. KU relax.

I tried to inject seriousness in every thread in KF forum.

Guess what. They are always torpedoed or defiled or derailed.

For the most part, I still try to instill serious stuff in the not so serious forum most of the time.

If you are good digger, you still may dig out some treasures in the piles of ranting vs whining.

Peace.

:D

WinterPalm
10-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Welcome to Kung Fu Magazine Forums!!!!:D

SevenStar
10-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi KKM!

Shaolinlueb
10-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by WinterPalm
Welcome to Kung Fu Magazine Forums!!!!:D

that sums it all up in one sentance basically. there are no rules and morals here.

MoreMisfortune
10-29-2004, 10:15 PM
ketchup,
Your Mom's so fat she fell in love and broke it.

SevenStar
10-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ketchup
I am seriously surprised and disgusted at behavior of some of the forum members here lately in regards to Blooming Lotus, Ego Maximus, and Earth Dragon.

1. Read BL's posts... she's a loon. she posted while under the influence on several occasions, and even when proven wrong, would spout that she was right. Who in the world can argue proper usage of the apostrophe? EVERY textbook known to man was wrong and SHE was right? whatever... she was a loon.

2. I like ego. I hate that he's letting BL use his sig, but ego makes very good posts when he chooses to. The problem with ego is he makes his points in a trolling way, which many don't like. Also, his whole war story thing ticks off alot of posters.

3. I dunno what to say about ED, "holmes". He gets his moments where his panties wad up and he just rants various mess. Not really different than others here, but he seems to be more annoying than most.

First of all, if someone's mother is dead, you don't make fun of that-

he made the first insult and I replied. nobody knew his mom was dead.

Second of all, I saw many characteristics in Blooming Lotus' posts but one I almost never saw was malice- unprovoked.

it was unprovoked in the beginning. Once you told her she was wrong, she'd lose her buddhism.

Some of the stuff said by SEVERAL of the forum members here to her were totally uncalled for, below the belt, immature, and malicious.

I would say it's nothing she didn't ask for. When people troll and do things like she did, that's what tends to happen. That's just life, both online and in real time - people who ask for it get it.

How dare any of you judge her? Just because she told you some things about her life ?

I can agree with you on that point. BUT, nobody told her to tell anybody anything. Once again, when you ask for it, you get it. She put herself out there, and it opened her up to criticism. Was there talk about anyone else's personal life? No, not really. Why not? because nobody knows about it. They aren't putting themselves out there.

I'm sure all of you, as do most people, have skeletons in your closet your ashamed of.

and that's where they should stay.

And some of the posters doing this are supposed to be instructors.

Instructors are human just like we are. I actually think that's a problem in alot of schools I've seen - the instructor is put on some type of pedestal, like he's perfect. Students think highly of him - maybe too highly, and it can lead to various misleadings.

Perhaps a reordering of priorities is in order for some of you. Think about it-

Or perhaps some should realize that this is the internet. Think about it.

rubthebuddha
10-29-2004, 11:58 PM
seven -- sometimes it's hard to agree with you, simply because you're from tennessee. but ****it, there you go making sense again. :p

to address this simply, to communicate in any public arena invites the scrutiny of the public. all criticism that is deserved is also somewhat expected, as pity and mercy are not traits the public is known to have, particularly on a mostly-anonymous internet forum. tell a bunch of fitness nuts that biceps are the primary mover for a pushup and you're asking for punishment. pee in serpent's corn flakes and you're bound to upset him (except on tuesdays). that's just how life works, and i think that's just dandy. except on tuesdays.

SanSoo Student
10-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Just let it go ketchup, no use crying over spilled milk (alcohol). :D

Meat Shake
10-30-2004, 01:47 AM
I am seriously surprised and disgusted at behavior of some of the forum members here lately in regards to Blooming Lotus, Ego Maximus, and Earth Dragon. First of all, if someone's mother is dead, you don't make fun of that- you don't put it in your sig, you don't joke about it- that's just plain wrong. And to do it from the safety of a keyboard is cowardly and wrong. Second of all, I saw many characteristics in Blooming Lotus' posts but one I almost never saw was malice- unprovoked. Some of the stuff said by SEVERAL of the forum members here to her were totally uncalled for, below the belt, immature, and malicious. How dare any of you judge her? Just because she told you some things about her life ? I'm sure all of you, as do most people, have skeletons in your closet your ashamed of. Just because someone gives you an opening doesn't mean you should strike it. Look to your own houses before you go cleaning up others'. I'm really astounded at not just the immaturity but the malice, the pettiness, and the banality of some of you- you know who you are. And some of the posters doing this are supposed to be instructors.- I would never study from someone who displayed this kind of character or lack thereof. You may never have to use your martial skills but your character and morality are called into play every day of your life. Perhaps a reordering of priorities is in order for some of you. Think about it-

your mama.

SevenStar
10-30-2004, 04:29 AM
I'm used to dealing with similar cases - most of the people in tennessee think that biceps are the key in a pushup...

:eek: :D

Buddy
10-30-2004, 05:21 AM
Who gives a ratsass what you think, Kelvi...ketchup.

Kristoffer
10-30-2004, 06:14 AM

**** you

Mika
10-30-2004, 06:22 AM
We all are entitled to our opinion, right? That goes for Ketchup and everyone else, too, right?

So, here's the merry-go-round: why does A care about what B says, and why does B care about what A cares about? See? It never ends that way...:rolleyes:

But to say fcuk you to someone, whether or not as a joke or as an insult to "someone who deserves to hear it" (right, right :rolleyes: ) is where moderation is needed. I mean, what the fcuk do they [the mods] do here otherwise?

But that's just my opinion...but I am entitled to it :D

BM2
10-30-2004, 10:37 AM
What I do like about the KFO is that it is not bullshido.com, but it is getting there.

KC Elbows
10-30-2004, 10:51 AM
I've been guilty of getting involved in these flamewars and dramas, and I've learned one important lesson from it all.

Once you're commenting on a drama that you never took part in, you are so far from having consensual sex with another human that you may as well become a calvinist minister who is pursuing a masters in history, preferrably focussing on something like beaurocracy in the mongol khannates or the letters of Nelson. I'd recommend you start breeding some form of south american beetle to cure yourself of your instinct to propogate, perhaps they can be trained to suckle at your teat should the primal need threaten to overwhelm you.

BL made her own boat. You're enabling. Stop it.

Oh wait, I'm enabling now. ****.

And I was doing so well.

cerebus
10-30-2004, 11:30 AM
bl did indeed bring it on herself. Yes, everyone is entitled to have an opinion. By the same token, if your opinion is based on false beliefs and incorrect information and you go spreading that opinion all over a forum, people will correct you. If you then become obnoxious and condescending and act as though the REST of the world is wrong and stupid and YOU are the only one who is right (as bl always did) then you will be treated like a fool and an idiot..... and deserve it.

MonkeySlap Too
10-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Get over yourself. Oh wait, there is no self...