PDA

View Full Version : Solo training...

Spectre
08-23-2001, 01:25 PM
Ok - personal training question here.

When you train on your own, what do you spend the most time on in general? Of course the next question would be why?

The key to understanding is to open your mind and your heart and then the eyes will follow.

dave the dragon
08-23-2001, 02:53 PM
the majority of training i do on my own , practicing the forms i do onb my own, meditation and chi gung i do on my own , chain punching and foot work drills aswell as weights and cardio. the only things i really practise with a partner is bag work , sensitiviy drills and sparring.but then different stokes for different folks i guess.

Saiwing
08-23-2001, 08:19 PM
I have same question. I have learned WC for about 4 years in Hong Kong.

Now, I study at UK for master degree. U know, I can't train sticking hand myself. And I think sticking hand is the spirit of WC.

lotus kick
08-23-2001, 09:04 PM
you are thinking wing chun as stack of bricks instead of a brick wall. the solo training you do will help your chi sau when you parctice with others. almost everything in wing chun is connected in one way or the other.

Martial Joe
08-23-2001, 11:19 PM
Form, footwork,more forms...

You can do anything in wing chun alone.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

chi-kwai
08-23-2001, 11:40 PM

--
chi kwai

txwingchun
08-23-2001, 11:47 PM
I go through footwork blocks,chain punching,etc...
I'm real hard on myself trying to perfect my skills. When i learn something new in class i'll make sure i'm executing it correctly. Then the next day i'll do 500 reps of that new technique slowly to make sure i'm executing it correctly. Then I'll move onto the rest of my techniques.

Martial Joe
08-23-2001, 11:48 PM
Well you can do rolling hands in the air.

I thouhgt about that and I know you cant actualy do chi sau but you can do the movments for everything.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

Sharky
08-24-2001, 03:57 AM
dave the dragon, where do you train?

================================================== =
The battle started with a grapple, he had real long hair so a grabbed a hand full, and chopped 'em in the Adams-apple, his partner in back of you tried to attack you, so I'ma twist 'em up like a pret-zel then I'ma tag you/I can't believe he wanna grapple again, I swung 'em around like I was dancing wit 'em, put his arms in back of his head and snapped 'em again, I fractured his limbs and put em in the figure-"6 subtracted from 10"...

bert.nes
08-24-2001, 04:07 AM
I work on Tai gong while standing and moving, I don't do many (chain punchs) I rather do 1 punch then another usually not many, I try to cultivate intent force, the force of an idea, with all this... elinement of the body is important.. so I concentrate on developing whole body sensitivity also I train my musles not to resist weight hope this helps.

Slayer
08-24-2001, 09:33 AM
I do lots of stuff to train Wing Chun Solo. First I strech then run 4 miles. Then I jump rope, from there I move on to about 2 hours of weights then 1 hour of focus and heavy bag training. From there I go to the fist bag or an hour and go on to the foot work and then finish it off with stance training, froms and Qigong. Its atleast a 4 hour work out

wingchunalex
08-24-2001, 04:50 PM
i tend to not practice forms at home much. i spent my time working on the present drill i have learned. single drills and partnerdrills in the air. if i learned a knew technique for chi sau i will practice that some. that way i can do them better in class with a partner. but the most important thing i have found to train is wing chun shadow boxing. just pretend you are fighting someone and try to use all your techneques. i do this because it gets me ready for sparring and lets me be comphortable sparring with all my techneques. second is heavy bag work. do like 3 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag with wing chun stuff like chain punched, inch punches, using tan da and gaun da, kicks, set up moves, etc. this is similar to shadow sparring but now you work on power and attacking more. when i first started learning i would practice more punching in the air, iron forarms, and strength training. this stuff was just to get the basics down. so i guess it depends on what you think you need improvement on.

know yourself don't show yourself, think well of yorself don't tell of yourself. lao tzu