PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me how he broke his leg doing the roundkick?

diego
10-31-2004, 04:56 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/kickbreak.mpeg

just found this...is it because the kicker is not properly conditioned or did the defender hit his leg at a nice spot from a good angle that turned the kick into putty?

SifuAbel
10-31-2004, 05:06 PM
It could be the loose foot scenario. Where he did a round kick with a loose foot instead of a pointed foot. So his calve wasn't tight and didn't support the bone.

diego
10-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SifuAbel
It could be the loose foot scenario. Where he did a round kick with a loose foot instead of a pointed foot. So his calve wasn't tight and didn't support the bone.

diego watch out for the loose foot scenario...duely noted Abe, thanks Cap':)

diego
10-31-2004, 05:17 PM
just watched that again three times real quick...i don't think i ever want to throw a kick in me lifetime again!!!...

SifuAbel
10-31-2004, 05:25 PM
If you can stomach it, I know I can't, watch it again slowly and see how his foot is sorta' floppy before contact.

Royal Dragon
10-31-2004, 05:43 PM
It broke because he blocked with a "Crane stance"

And people laugh when I say Kung Fu is too deadly for the ring!!!

Lack of Iron Broom on the kicker, and excellent Iron Broom on the blocker.

Royal Dragon
10-31-2004, 05:45 PM
You know, looking closer, I believe this guy just had 100% of his structure inline with the shin, and jammed just right, at just the right time.

I don't buy the floppie foot explanation at all.

Also, the blocker jammed with the upper part of his leg, at it's strongst point below the knee. The kicker made contact with his shin in the middle, at it's weakest point.

Floppy foot or not, this kid was in for a broken leg. This is why I like to "Stop" kick against peoples legs, and I avoid round kicks when I can. Heck, the "Round Kick" ain't even IN any of my Tai Tzu forms. And probably for this very reason.

As for stomaching the clip, I'm the type of guy who's stitched his own cuts, so it don't bug me one bit.

SifuAbel
10-31-2004, 07:55 PM
You don't know all of them.

Royal Dragon
10-31-2004, 07:58 PM
You mean kicks?? True. I only have a mad "Sampler" of Tai Tzu from various lineages. You've got a whole system in it's entirety.
If you have a round kick in yours, do you use it against a thigh like in the clip above? If so why?
If not why not?

AndyM
10-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
You know, looking closer, I believe this guy just had 100% of his structure inline with the shin, and jammed just right, at just the right time.

I don't buy the floppie foot explanation at all.

Also, the blocker jammed with the upper part of his leg, at it's strongst point below the knee. The kicker made contact with his shin in the middle, at it's weakest point.

100%

My media player is down, but if this is the one I think it is, where the guy doesn't realise it's broke till he goes to try and put it down behind him........*shudder

SifuAbel
10-31-2004, 08:07 PM
I use it wherever I can put it. I can peg a 6 footer on the face without even trying. And snap with power. ring a ding ding. I can send you video.

The guy had a floppy foot. He swung his leg around straight and didn't tighten. Try hitting 3 star block with a loose hand vs with a clenched fist. You'll find it much weaker.

AndyM
10-31-2004, 08:14 PM
I use it wherever I can put it. I can peg a 6 footer on the face without even trying. And snap with power. ring a ding ding. I can send you video.

The guy had a floppy foot. He swung his leg around straight and didn't tighten. Try hitting 3 star block with a loose hand vs with a clenched fist. You'll find it much weaker.

Sure, but if I remember rightly, the block intercepts the kick before it completes it's journey to the intended target, so unless you keep your leg stiff all the way through it's motion, this can happen.

A bit like trying to keep your arm tense all the way through a punch?

Royal Dragon
10-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Sifu Able,
Normally I agree pretty much with you, but here, I think tight foot or not, his leg was getting busted, or majorly messed up due to the structural superiority of the blocker, and the structural weakness of the guys shin at point of impact.

Look at the body structure and the mechanics. BOTH these guys were in prime form for maximum power issuance. The one guy struck at the weakest point of his shin bone, the other blocked with the strongest point.

Now, conditioning may have played a factor. If the blocker does alot of traditional bone hardening drills, and uses his Jow religiously, and the kicker just relies on hitting the bag in the gym when he works out, or only does things to dull sensitivity rather than harden bone, then that should also be taken into account.

joedoe
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM

I disagree with the statement about 3-star blocking. I can generate just as much power with an open hand as with a closed fist, if not more. Sure, you have to keep the wrist braced to avoid breaking it, which is basically what you are saying with the foot except that the ankle should be braced.

SifuAbel
10-31-2004, 08:45 PM
To answer both of you , it is about structure. The toe needs to point in order to tighten the calve and stretch the front. The rest of the leg need not be in a stiff postion I.E. quads.

The flexing calve muscles act as a tightened mass supporting the shin bones.

Remember there are Two medium size bones , not One big bone in the lower leg. He broke through both of them. He had NO muscular support . He also hit It dead center on the shin. If he had calve support it would be the most massive part of the shin area. It shouldn't have broken. And yes I will admit he had twiggy calves to begin with.

If you're having trouble with the visual then try it both ways on a hard bag.

Position is number two on my list. It was the way it was because he was using a lift to kick angle ala MT( and badly by Mt standards) at a 45 degree path. Some people have a "lift toe" mentality sometimes when bringing up their leg so he didn't point his toe. Which I don't do. I tend to use the snap on higher targets, so i would not meet the lifted leg the same way. I tuck tight and turn then release as horizontally as possible.

You're allowed to disagree, but thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

AndyM
10-31-2004, 08:54 PM
You're allowed to disagree, but thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I'm not disagreeing with you per se.

I just know from the littl Thai that I've done, you tend to focus the tension in the lower leg for the moment of impact.

The shin block intercepted that, so the leg, as you said was unprepared for the impact.

joedoe
10-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Abel, I was not disagreeing with you on the kick, I was disagreeing on your statement about 3-star blocking.

diego
10-31-2004, 09:31 PM
so i'm watching it again on freeze-frame and it seems to me with my limited experiance that the kicker did a classic spaz out move...cuz the end result obviously played himself choosing that kick in that situation, but also the defender lifted his leg after the kicker lifted his, and the defender had his leg stepping back down before the kicker even started to pull back...so that was obviously bad timing on the kickers part, on some f#*& was on your mind guy??:)

so, what exactly should the kicker have done in that scenario, and what are the differant types of roundhouse kicks in the MA world, and what are some good realtime fighting strategies...that yall have pulled off, or train to?.

SifuAbel
11-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by joedoe
Abel, I was not disagreeing with you on the kick, I was disagreeing on your statement about 3-star blocking.

You're not really disagreeing with me. The hand isn't limp when you do it and thats the point.

SifuAbel
11-01-2004, 01:07 AM
No, the distancing didn't change with the shin block . He laid that kick in as he intended to. It was just a crappy example of the kick. Even IF you use a totally limp to tension method, you'd still be tightening up half way through the end of the swing. It happens too fast to wait to the very last centimeter. Thats what you get when trying to do a kick like that too high. His inflexability had him kicking upward from the ground at an accute angle. easy block.

the shot he was aiming for was better with a snapping round, ala Hoost to Sap in the last pride. busted up his shoulder nice too.

And the next person that yells TKD is getting a dead pregnant skunk in the mail.

RD, to elaborate on the kick in forms . It happens a total of 2 times in all the TZ forms I know. But If you notice the forms are easy with the long kicks or they are the ends of techniques, like in nam kune with the side kicks. Long range kicks were routinely practiced separately. They took the opponenet out of the immediate hand range, there is no need to do 50 rounds in a form ala TKD.

omarthefish
11-01-2004, 06:26 AM
I think everyone so far is spending way too much energy trying to figure out what he was doing wrong kicking and not NEARLY enough time figuring out what the other guy was doing blocking.

His block was a beautiful thing.

EarthDragon
11-01-2004, 09:28 AM
diego,
To answer your topic thread question............... "can someone tell me how he broke his leg doing the round kick"

He was blocked properly!

To elaborate as that is really not the whole reason, many factors played a part. speed, timming, angle, distance, acceleration, technique and luck.

sifuabel, while I do agree with what you said it was not simply lack of tension in the muscles that caused he break.

To understand how things like this happen you must have all the factors in place and know them all to it figure out, otherwise its just specaluation. thats why they came up with "mythbusters" to end speculation, assumption and theory

Royal Dragon
11-01-2004, 10:22 AM
RD, to elaborate on the kick in forms . It happens a total of 2 times in all the TZ forms I know. But If you notice the forms are easy with the long kicks or they are the ends of techniques, like in nam kune with the side kicks. Long range kicks were routinely practiced separately. They took the opponenet out of the immediate hand range, there is no need to do 50 rounds in a form ala TKD.

Reply]
It's intersting because all the tai tzu forms I have documented have Front snap kicks, various side kicks, crescent kicks etc... through out the system's sets, but the round kick is only seen in two places.

As for the TKD comment, I think that has to do with the way Tai Tzu is trained. The forms to me look like huge catalogs of techniques. There is very little repition in each set comared to TKD. I feel the sets are meant to be dissasammbled into drills and not nessasariliy practiced as whole forms all the time.

Haven't been training the last two months, but when I do work forms, I like to drill them about 30-40 minutes until I'm to tired to do the whole set, then I break it down and drill various segments. That way I can get alot of repetitions on whatever my focus is for the moment. TKD just doesn't have any content by comparison, so they turned thier drills into"Katas". It's a case of opposition. They make forms out of drills by repeting the drill in a bunch of different directions, we take forms, and turn them into drills by isolating a segment and drillig ths snot out of it

SifuAbel
11-01-2004, 11:35 AM
"It's intersting because all the tai tzu forms I have documented have Front snap kicks, various side kicks, crescent kicks etc... through out the system's sets, but the round kick is only seen in two places."

Front snap, cresent kicks and even tornado kicks are medium to short range techniques that still leave you in hand range. Side kicks you usually see at the ends of stings. They push the opponent away and the form goes in another direction, as with the roundhouse. Also you don't see it in the southern influenced forms, mostly in the northern forms.

I know my forms.

SifuAbel
11-01-2004, 11:45 AM
The block was solid and well placed, but it wasn't anything miraculous. It was a common block. It made for a solid surface to do the break.

But I still stand by the weakned leg as the major factor. I've clashed my share of shins in my time. I've kicked that block many times too. It hurt, but it never broke. He just threw his leg wild and and hit mid shin, its no surprise to me. The foot to me was the key. It was just loose. He might not have broken it all the way. He might have just cracked it with a solid calve.

FuXnDajenariht
11-01-2004, 02:34 PM
when its time to go....

i think that break was a long time coming. maybe he had a vitamin deficiency or broke it when he was younger or had reeeally bad training habits.

thats pretty sick sh!t......poor dude. i remember how i felt when i dislocated my kneecap. one bad move and it popped right off. but that was caused by years of abuse.

wouldn't it take a huge amount of force for a healthy bone to break like that? if he caused his own leg to break the other guy should of been hurt too right?

i didn't see the block that well but i think it was just a weak point in his bone. it looked like it broke above his ankle too....

ouch!

he can call himself mr fantastic now atleast

Suntzu
11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
i heard thru the grapevine that the dude had a broken leg before and basically hit the same spot causing a re-break........

Water Dragon
11-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Suntzu
i heard thru the grapevine that the dude had a broken leg before and basically hit the same spot causing a re-break........

Naw dude, it was the Iron Leg training the other guy had.

joedoe
11-01-2004, 04:01 PM
You're not really disagreeing with me. The hand isn't limp when you do it and thats the point.

Since when have you seen me do 3-star blocking? :)

The hand can be limp, the wrist cannot be.

SifuAbel
11-01-2004, 04:32 PM
describe further please.

joedoe
11-01-2004, 05:13 PM
OK, you don't have to stiffen your hand to do 3-star knocking (I am picturing something like a karate knife hand). You need to tighten up the wrist, and that automatically tightens up the lower part of the back of your hand, but the palm, fingers, and upper portion of the back of the hand can remain relaxed and loose. The important thing is that by tightening up the wrist you avoid having the hand whiplash too much, which is where injury usually occurs.

Indestructible
11-01-2004, 05:40 PM
He should have thrown a wheel kick.

IronFist
11-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Over on some other board (I forgot which one), there was a guy who competed in MT there who had the same thing happen. He didn't have a video of his shin breaking, but he had pictures of his leg afterward and he even posted x-rays that showed both shin bones broken.

Now, have any of you guys just considered that this could just have been a freak accident? How many thousands of thai boxers are there in the world and how many times has this happened? If it was common people wouldn't kick and block with their shins.

Every once in a while things just happen. A kid playing soccer will get hit in the chest by the ball from a moderate powered kick at just the right moment between heart beats and his heart will stop and he will die. How many people get hit every day by harder and weaker shots and aren't even phased by it?

I mean, I suppose if we seek to understand what happened in this case we can maybe prevent it from happening again, but I don't think it's the most common thing ever (knock on wood).

Originally posted by Suntzu

Aren't bones supposed to be stronger after they heal from a break?

diego
11-01-2004, 09:49 PM
so in full Diego watch out for loose feet, get lots of vitamins and pray before kicking to avoid freak occurences of nature....fhuc this i'm just buying a gun instead:)

diego
11-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by wolfen
Good! I have a question about frame by frame. I was able to convert this file to quicktime and thus play it frame by frame. Do you have a version of windows media that plays frame by frame and what is the series number? The media guide says that there is such an option availablel under "view", "enhancements" "frame by frame" for windows media. But in downloading i got something wrong!!!

There is a lot wrong with that kick. You might notice in frame by frame that he turns his support foot prematurely (optimum is that the foot turns with the body not before), thus telegraphing and not using his whole body co-ordination. also look how bad his posture is and look at where his eyes are: pointed down looking at his leg.!!!

Charley horses can be done quite well and i have video of guys getting ko'ed after their legs have been made no longer functional.

I think Sifuable got it right about the angle coming in. Whatever his method i cant figure but he came in at an easily blocked angle.
I suppose he could heal up and try it again with the foot point and see if he only breaks the first bone.

Now he broke his leg with his own force. Isn't that nice to know how you can turn a muscular guys force against himself. :)

diego!. Do you have the rest of where this story came from? Details on this guys fight experience etc. and his recovery?

I snapped my thumb at 90 degrees with my own force in much the same way. It was looking at it that gave me the shakes. Doc realigned it when i wasn't even looking. When i asked him if he could do it he jst said i did it already. Thumb's normal now.
I'm gonna look at the video over and over again til the queasies go away. A doctor i aint. I gotta toughen up. :)

hey i found this on the emptyflower.com forums in the video section so i have no idea where it's originally from, and i don't own a computer and watched the clip from my schools comp lab so i have no idea what you are talking about here

"I have a question about frame by frame. I was able to convert this file to quicktime and thus play it frame by frame. Do you have a version of windows media that plays frame by frame and what is the series number? The media guide says that there is such an option availablel under "view", "enhancements" "frame by frame" for windows media. But in downloading i got something wrong!!!"

:) Peace

Suntzu
11-02-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
Naw dude, it was the Iron Leg training the other guy had. yeeeeeeeeeeah.... that's the ticket

Suntzu
11-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Aren't bones supposed to be stronger after they heal from a break? good question............ i don't know.... and thanx to h2o i must now go boil my head to remove the germs...

SevenStar
11-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon

the striking surface of a shin roundhouse is anywhere between the middle and lower shin, just above the instep. his striking area was correct. The kick was just thrown out there though. there was no step with the supporting leg, his foot was flexed as opposed to pointed, and since it was just thrown out there, dude had plenty of notice it was coming and plenty of time to block properly. I think it was a bad kick, but at the same time was just one of those freak accidents.

Floppy foot or not, this kid was in for a broken leg. This is why I like to "Stop" kick against peoples legs, and I avoid round kicks when I can. Heck, the "Round Kick" ain't even IN any of my Tai Tzu forms. And probably for this very reason.

you don't roundhouse because you think your shin will get broken? seriously?

As for stomaching the clip, I'm the type of guy who's stitched his own cuts, so it don't bug me one bit.

lol, in high school, I had AP biology right before lunch. I'd dissect pigs, turtles, cats and sharks, then go eat lunch...

jungle-mania
11-02-2004, 09:43 PM
The guy probably broke his leg not because he kick wrongly or the other guy had a fantastic block. The problem would have probably lie in the possibility that he was suffering from shin splines. That is what happens when you skip too much and the trauma from skipping too long, causes hair line cracks running down your shin. I know this for a fact, because I use to do boxing daily, which included alot of skipping and TKD. Had the same problem then and it would hurt to kick even with my instep, I would imagine that I would been in the same shoe if I did MuayThai. Alot of sprinters also suffer from shin splines too.

I believe that given he is a kickboxer, he probably skip quite a fair bit and probably persisted on despite the pain he got in his shin. The block to the kick was the last straw his bones could take.

diego
11-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by jungle-mania
The guy probably broke his leg not because he kick wrongly or the other guy had a fantastic block. The problem would have probably lie in the possibility that he was suffering from shin splines. That is what happens when you skip too much and the trauma from skipping too long, causes hair line cracks running down your shin. I know this for a fact, because I use to do boxing daily, which included alot of skipping and TKD. Had the same problem then and it would hurt to kick even with my instep, I would imagine that I would been in the same shoe if I did MuayThai. Alot of sprinters also suffer from shin splines too.

I believe that given he is a kickboxer, he probably skip quite a fair bit and probably persisted on despite the pain he got in his shin. The block to the kick was the last straw his bones could take. got any links on the science of shin splines? mad mad curious:)

Ray Pina
11-03-2004, 12:34 PM
"Also, the blocker jammed with the upper part of his leg, at it's strongst point below the knee. The kicker made contact with his shin in the middle, at it's weakest point."

That's why I don't like to kick until I've already controlled the guy.... too many "what if", being on one leg, immobile, super committed.

Royal Dragon
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Yup, I don't like to do ANYTHING till I've controlled the guy.

Royal Dragon
11-03-2004, 04:58 PM
I also like stop kics for this reason. They are hard to see comming, you can drive alot of body force behind them, and if they don't do what you want, you still take some of thier balance away

Oso
11-03-2004, 10:42 PM
How about the black dude was just freakin' hyuge?

**** martial artists over complicating things as usual.

diego
11-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi diego.
I appreciate your library experience. I just got my cranky system a few weeks ago myself.

So i take it you just click on the link and the windows pops up a player that automaticaly plays the clip for you.
My question is is it quicktime or media player?
If its media player then how did you freeze frame it? Did you do frame by frame? I'm searching for a version of media player that does frame by frame.
If you click on the "help" .. then "about" you can see the version number of the media player.
What was it?
Probably you just had freeze frame and not "frame by frame"

I could play this file using quicktime and was able to play "frame by frame".
I could see clearly the guy's posture was off and he was looking down at his own leg long before the contact and he turned his lead foot long before he started to move the rest of his body.
All those reflect poor training and method.

The foot should turn with the body and you should never be looking down.

I'm on my moms computer right now so i'll check tommorrow what i viewed it on, but i guess it was freeze frame...if that's where one stops it, and then just moves the loading timer manually millimeter by millimeter!? :)

SevenStar
11-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by EvolutionFist
"Also, the blocker jammed with the upper part of his leg, at it's strongst point below the knee. The kicker made contact with his shin in the middle, at it's weakest point."

That's why I don't like to kick until I've already controlled the guy.... too many "what if", being on one leg, immobile, super committed.

I don't think he necessarily has to be controlled, but he should be distracted. Like I said above, he just threw the kick out there. He shoulda set it up with other strikes.

jungle-mania
11-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have any material on hand about how much damage shin splines can cause you, you might have to check up with your local physiotherapist. I discussed with my own physiotherapist about this clip last year and he agreed with me that there is a possibility with my argument.

IronFist
11-04-2004, 09:44 AM
I think you guys missed my response. Here is part of it again:

Now, have any of you guys just considered that this could just have been a freak accident? How many thousands of thai boxers are there in the world and how many times has this happened? If it was common people wouldn't kick and block with their shins.

(knock on wood)

I could be wrong tho, but I'm sure people have kicked and blocked with exactly the same parts of their legs before and not had it break.

IronFist
11-04-2004, 09:47 AM
I think suicide kicks banned in most fights in USA?

Either that or people don't use them cuz think how screwed you would be if you missed.

Mutant
11-04-2004, 10:33 AM
i agree w/ jungle-mania and iron-fist on this.
my $.02: the guy kicking probably had a shin fracture from training that snapped on contact. or possibly a degenerative bone condition. the other guys shin block was tight, but a healthy well conditioned leg should be able to take that w/o snapping like a twig. sure the shin block was strong but a lot of guys in leg kicking rules fighting know how to shin block and this almost never results. in cma a good crane leg/hanging horse should be like that (although there are other applications such as sweeps and stomps from this) although lots of practictioners just dance thru these stances and don't realize the original intent.
maybe a bone or tissue injury could occur from that kind of contact, which is likely what happened prior to this, and the guy shouldnt have been fighting w/o pads in that condition. the kick was okay, a little off but theyre not all perfect under that duress in the ring. he should have set up the kick in a better combo and/or gained better position 1st. theres a good chance that he fractured it prior to this by telegraphing the same kick and damaging the same spot on his shin with training partners or in a previous fight. the fact he thru it as and when he did indictates it may have been a habit that caused the injury in the 1st place.

diego
11-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok thanks Diego. Thats what i want to know is how you did the freeze frame. It may be that you just got lucky the thing loaded smoothly and slowly.
I'm not so lucky. I downloaded that baji clip and it plays like a barnhouse rat on acid.
I know there is a version of media player that has freeze frame, i just gotta find it.

I really wish i could post part of this tape i got , some kind of a match in Japan.
This little guy repeatedly charlie horses a big guy in the thigh just like in the clip, but he is successfull.
After several times it hurts so much the big guy reaches down his hand to massage his thigh.

At that point the little guy does a two leg in the air suicide kick (meaning he falls to his back) to the big guys head and knocks him out cold or TKO i forget. Anyway it was game over.

One kick, one knockout ..cool.

I think suicide kicks banned in most fights in USA?

it says windows media player 9 series....version 9.00.00.2980...copyright is 2002

it's not like the ones where you stop the program and just hit fast forward or rewind and you can see like every frame...if you move it manually milli' by milli' you can see the gist of everything that happens...for instance by the time the kickers kick leg is on it's toes with the ball of foot raised the timer is at one second...by the time the leg starts to break and pull back it's still at one second and as soon as the broken leg starts to wiggle onsome bill cosby jello ad shiat the timer is at two seconds.

hope this helps:)

diego
11-04-2004, 10:01 PM
"manually" !!!???
---------------------------------------------
I got to thank you for replying Digo. Dicussing computers is brain grinding.
I also got Win Media 9. According to the documentation it is supposed to have frame by frame.
Frame by frame means stop picture by stop picture as you are suggesting. Frame by frame can be done at different intervals like every .05 sec or every sec.
But now i got a suspicion that the frame by frame control is only on the Windows XP media player 9.
I am using windowsplayer 9 for win 98.
So is it possible that you are using Windows XP?
"Manually"! Diego it is this question that i have been asking you. How are you doing the "frame by frame" i.e. manually?
How are you doing it?

I mean what combination of keys are you pressing or what are you doing with the mouse? I could be searching for the correct key combination forever.
I suspect that the player "9" for XP has some extra controls on the display screen and you are using the mouse to control the frame advance.
Is this true?

If that is the case i can load multiple operating systems on one computer, (I am a programmer).
Then i could run win xp when i want to see clips. But i dislike win XP as it is designed to keep people like me from controlling the system.
If you want to see what version of windows you are on, just click on "computer" then "control panel" then "system".
---------------------
In fact just now i found a very superior add on to control mindows media.
It can frame by frame at controlled speeds .5 to .05 of a second and play the entire clip in varying speeds of slow motion from 1/4, 1/2 and normal.
However it uses an old version of win player whch is always in the windows operating system..

However i still want to get at a win media player that has fream by frame and check out the frame advance playback.

I CAN play that file on quicktime and i too can see frame by frame.
But that was just lucky. Most files i cant convert to quicktime format.

Here's the link to my sports media player thread and download link.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=545208#post545208

thaks again

i'm on windows 2000 5.00.2195 service pack 4...that's what it says under systems...manually i mean...don't know what it's called but it's a grey icon or whatever with green sides and it moves from left to right and a green trail follows it as it moves up the grey until th eclip is done...i just call it the timer but am unsure what the tech term is....instead of hitting play and watching the timer move from left to right by itself just hit the stop button with your mouse and then manually move the timer with the mouse mad slow from left to right

"If that is the case i can load multiple operating systems on one computer, (I am a programmer).
Then i could run win xp when i want to see clips. But i dislike win XP as it is designed to keep people like me from controlling the system.
If you want to see what version of windows you are on, just click on "computer" then "control panel" then "system"."

thinking of a old saturday night live clip i watched last night...i have no idea what you just said about operating systems...i'm just a simple caveman lol you seen that caveman lawyer skit on SNL?

FngSaiYuk
11-05-2004, 08:50 AM
I use the media player classic to view videos frame by frame under windows.

Do a search for 'mega codec pack' on google and grab the latest version. It contains just about every codec in existence under windows to play any media file using standard windows media players. In addition, the media player classic has lower resource usage than the current MS media players and lets you do things like frame by frame.

The pack is rather nice in that it installs the important stuff w/o installing any extra fluff.

Newb
11-05-2004, 05:21 PM
|_e_e_e_e_e_e_e_e_q._e_e_e_e________________
G ------------------------------------------------
D ------------------------------------------------
A --3--3--1--1-----------------------0--1--2-----
E --------------3--3--2--2--1-----1--------------
>___________________________r_______________

Oso, that isn't the BATMAN tv show theme tabbed out, is it???

Newb
11-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by FngSaiYuk
I use the media player classic to view videos frame by frame under windows.

Do a search for 'mega codec pack' on google and grab the latest version. It contains just about every codec in existence under windows to play any media file using standard windows media players. In addition, the media player classic has lower resource usage than the current MS media players and lets you do things like frame by frame.

The pack is rather nice in that it installs the important stuff w/o installing any extra fluff.

Don't listen to FngSaiYuk, last time I took his advice, my computer ran 2x as fast and was packed with Pr0N!!

...ok so the Pr0N was all me.

diego
11-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Man! i just got hacked by an auto-dialer and my system crashed.
I got some leaky holes in this old boat.
=======================================
OK Diego thanks a lot every little bit helps.
What i can gather is you have propably got a powerful system in terms of hard drive memory, Ram, video controller, chip aand optimized software with plug-ins ..opps!!!!

... sorry caveman sir ...hee hee..

What i mean in English is you probably got a powerful system and the drag mouse control works smoothly.

Sorry, but i think that is too imprecise for me. I'll continue looking for the frame by frame version of win player.
However, for yourself, you might look under the "View" in your player
then under "Enhancements"
there you may or may not see "playback control" and "frame by frame".

One of the Series 9 has this feature but i dont find it yet.
========================================
Ok we'll call that a draw
Cavemen 1 / Computers 1.
Tied score
-------------------
Sorrry i didn't see that sketch, but i hope it doesn't end with the caveman clubbing the programmer on the head.

We are all cavemen for the next generation so dont worry about it. i get what you meant about the slow drive not loading while going manual now...makes sence...i'm not at school so i can't check the things you mentioned but the last i saw the caveman was running for president of the US of A...i think it was that guy who died who played him....phil hartman or something.:)

diego
11-05-2004, 07:24 PM
yeah if anyone is a fan of SNL yall should get this classic edition

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1861961309.1099707379@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccfhadcmmjjglifcehgcemgdffmdflf.0&pid=05823863000&cat=DVD+Movies&vertical=MMAG

here is a pic running for prez

http://thm-ar1r2.search.vip.re2.yahoo.com/image/1604576178

his frank sinatra skit is hilarious to talking to luke from 2live crew and billy idol and sinead o conner calling her bald head uncle fester, and all milli vanilli??? what is the deal with this fayget sh-it lol

HILARIOUS!!!