PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give David Ross a nudge...

Serpent
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
... his dayum needle has been stuck for a month now.

:rolleyes:

Vash
10-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
... his dayum needle has been stuck for a month now.

um . . . que?

lkfmdc
10-31-2004, 07:19 PM
What really bothers you serpent?

If you "know" deep in your heart without question that everything I say is "wrong" then why would it bother you?

I don't get upset when people think the world is flat.

I notice that a lot of the noisey people here whine that I am "advertising"

What am I "advertising"

I don't sell a single video tape (oh, yeah, it's a DVD now isn't it?)

I don't sell any books

I haven't been in a magazine in over 10 years

And 95% of the people on here couldn't join my school even if they wanted to...

So what is really bothering you? just share, guys like Ai Lek can jump right in...

Ai Lek Ou Seun
11-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
What really bothers you serpent?

If you "know" deep in your heart without question that everything I say is "wrong" then why would it bother you?

I don't get upset when people think the world is flat.

I notice that a lot of the noisey people here whine that I am "advertising"

What am I "advertising"

I don't sell a single video tape (oh, yeah, it's a DVD now isn't it?)

I don't sell any books

I haven't been in a magazine in over 10 years

And 95% of the people on here couldn't join my school even if they wanted to...

So what is really bothering you? just share, guys like Ai Lek can jump right in...

Let's see....... what are you trying to sell us.....yourself... your school... San Da as a training methodology..... your San Da training program and San Da events which people pay to go see.

Did I miss anything?;)

Oh...and you have a DVD out....BFD...anyone can shoot, edit, and burn a DVD if they have a personal computer and a digital camcorder. :rolleyes:

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM
See, I told you it was just a matter of time until Ai Lek and ED found eachother and true love

Originally posted by Ai Lek Ou Seun
Let's see....... yourself, your school, San Da as a training methodology, your San Da training program and San Da events which people pay to go see.

Did I miss anything?;)

Once again, Ai Lek, you show that you have no common sense and can not argue at all logically?

How can I sell "myself"? What am I doing, selling pieces of me?

My school? 95% of the people here live so far away they couldn't train with me if they wanted to

Selling San Da? Selling an idea somehow makes me rich? OK, sure

As for my events, the ones I DO NOT CHARGE PEOPLE TO ENTER, well, that right there says a lot doesn't it. The athletes don't pay to compete.

So, I provide to them, FREE OF CHARGE, the ability to test themselves and be better people. Ask Evolution Fist, he's done one of my events.

Most other promoters don't bother with people with no fights who don't sell tickets. The NY Showdown is the only event on the East Coast that allows beginners to be matched up with other beginners.

The matches are famous for being fairly made and for fair judging.

Spectators pay a mere $20 for an average of 10 to 15 fights. And that is so these events, which help develop individuals, can run. Their spectator fees pay for the insurance and the judges and the referee....

Man, you are so dis-connected from reality it's a joke, you're pathetic in every way

Are you doing anything remotely close to helping the community? How are you promoting martial arts?

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 11:28 AM
what is "BFD"?

for something I am supposed to be selling, I've never heard of it?

red5angel
11-01-2004, 11:34 AM
what's bothering Serpent most is that your post count might exceed his.

red5angel
11-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Big Fukking Deal

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Ai Lek, serpent and ED (man, "I lick", a snake and a guy with ED, there's a great joke in there) can form a mutual admiration society and circle jerk until they are blue in the face now that they've found eachother and true love.....

Ai Lek Ou Seun
11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
See, I told you it was just a matter of time until Ai Lek and ED found eachother and true love

Once again, Ai Lek, you show that you have no common sense and can not argue at all logically?

How can I sell "myself"? What am I doing, selling pieces of me?

My school? 95% of the people here live so far away they couldn't train with me if they wanted to

Selling San Da? Selling an idea somehow makes me rich? OK, sure

As for my events, the ones I DO NOT CHARGE PEOPLE TO ENTER, well, that right there says a lot doesn't it. The athletes don't pay to compete.

So, I provide to them, FREE OF CHARGE, the ability to test themselves and be better people. Ask Evolution Fist, he's done one of my events.

Most other promoters don't bother with people with no fights who don't sell tickets. The NY Showdown is the only event on the East Coast that allows beginners to be matched up with other beginners.

The matches are famous for being fairly made and for fair judging.

Spectators pay a mere $20 for an average of 10 to 15 fights. And that is so these events, which help develop individuals, can run. Their spectator fees pay for the insurance and the judges and the referee....

Man, you are so dis-connected from reality it's a joke, you're pathetic in every way

Are you doing anything remotely close to helping the community? How are you promoting martial arts?

Do you think I fell off the turnip truck yesterday?

There's more ways to make money than simply charging admission, so that doesn't mean jack.

You have some vested interest in your point of view....perhaps financially....or perhaps just to further inflate your bloated rotting whale carcass of an ego. ;)

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Not only is it likely you just fell of the truck, I'd wager you are in fact a vegtable :rolleyes:

So, if I don't charge the participants to compete and you claim I'm not making money off the admissions, where is the magical millions coming from?

You won't answer, you can never answer anything directly.....

Just like you claim I sell some DVD, you can't even name it! :rolleyes:

But, on a related note, let's say I was making millions off my fighting events, are you a communist?

Ai Lek Ou Seun
11-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Ai Lek, serpent and ED (man, "I lick", a snake and a guy with ED, there's a great joke in there) can form a mutual admiration society and circle jerk until they are blue in the face now that they've found eachother and true love.....

Your enemy's enemy is your friend. ;)

Ai Lek Ou Seun
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Not only is it likely you just fell of the truck, I'd wager you are in fact a vegtable :rolleyes:

So, if I don't charge the participants to compete and you claim I'm not making money off the admissions, where is the magical millions coming from?

You won't answer, you can never answer anything directly.....

Just like you claim I sell some DVD, you can't even name it! :rolleyes:

But, on a related note, let's say I was making millions off my fighting events, are you a communist?

Equipment tie ins, training fees, I'm not sure..... but like I said...maybe its not financial.... you could just be trying to keep that Mac truck ego filled up with gas.

As for your DVD, why the f would I know the name of it? Only in your little dream world does anybody give a rats ass about your DVD.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest back peddle in the history of the forum

Equipment tie ins, training fees, I'm not sure..... but like I said...maybe its not financial.... you could just be trying to keep that Mac truck ego filled up with gas.

As for your DVD, why the f would I know the name of it? Only in your little dream world does anybody give a rats ass about your DVD.

So you claim I'm making money off an event. Then you find out no one is charged to participate and the entry fee is nothing. So you try to quickly claim there must be "some other way". Then fall back to "I'm not sure"

So you claim I sell a DVD (which I don't) and then suddenly can't come up with it's name....

Eddie
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
But what if what he says is not wrong? Most of the things I have read from lkfmdc I agree with mostly (I get a bid dyslexic at times, and keep on wanting to call you KMFDM, but that’s mainly cause that’s the cd in my player most of the time). But I still love traditional kung fu, and still consider myself more of a traditionalist if anything else.

Serpent and Ai lek,
No disrespect intended with this post. I respect both of you guys pretty much.

I dont know lkfmdc personally, but although I may not always agree with the way he puts things across in this forum, I still agree with what is being said.

Maybe someday, we can all get together and show each other what we mean in a friendly and respectful manner. This Chinese Martial Arts is pretty amazing stuff, and we don’t always see it for that.

If you think some people are making money from all this, then so be it. This forum is run by a company which does just that, and Im pretty sure most people would like to make money doing something they love. But non of this was really that serious. Dont see any harm in any of it.

Eddie

EarthDragon
11-01-2004, 12:00 PM
david Ross, please just give it up!
again if you took a quarter of the time training as you do defending yourself out here you might be a halfway decent fighter by now..spend your engergy In a positive way and for God's sake find a hobby. Everyone is sick and tired of you........

Ray Pina
11-01-2004, 12:04 PM
I have to say, and I am not offiliated with Mr. Ross's school or program -- in fact, I'm training hard this whole winter to finally beat some of his guys -- that his fights are a blessing to me.

I just paid $60 to get thrown out of a TMA tournament for face contact? One warning, which had me stracthing my head (I entered advanced, men's FULL Contact) and then a mysterious magic bullet face contact that the head judge did not see but some side line judge demanded I get thrown out for (still waiting for footage).

Anway, to be able to commit to a fight about 1 or 2 months in advance, get there, get a medical exam and matched with someone near your size ... to be in a room with a bunch of fighters getting pre-fight instructions, sitting in that locker room wen you know your fight is up in one more round (3 minutes) and hearing your apponant kicking away on the pads in the lockerroom next door .... and not have to pay for this experience .... wow, I know it has focused my training. I can say, even though I lost my first San Da fight, it has already made me a better fighter.

The $hit is pretty tight over there. They're not fooling around. And that's good.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 12:09 PM
With guys like ED and Ai Lek, it doesn't take much to "defend myself"

Yeah, I need to be concerned about mental midges like Ai Lek

Once again, ED, since you insist we are so close, you could easily come to me, and find out what sort of fighter I am.

A HUGE hint might be that the people I train are all very respected fighters.

Another might be the fact that I'm still here and running my gym after more than one challenge I accepted.

You might also want to read Evolution Fist's post again....

red5angel
11-01-2004, 12:14 PM
again if you took a quarter of the time training as you do defending yourself out here you might be a halfway decent fighter by now..spend your engergy In a positive way and for God's sake find a hobby. Everyone is sick and tired of you........

awesome! a couple of classics! First the if you spend more time not on the internet slam, you know where if you spent more time workikng out then slamming ED you'd be a better fighter Ross.
Also, Masterkillers favorite - Everyone hates/is sick and tired of you.

Who is this "everyone" anyway? ED and MK don't count as "everyone".

CaptinPickAxe
11-01-2004, 12:15 PM
lkfmdc,
you know as well as I do, ED will not make the trip. He will flap his gums over the internet about how, "You're scared to come to Buffalo to fight." Knowing god****ed well its custom for the challenger to come to the champion.

You're letting small timers get to you, G. If they were truely as great of teachers or fighters they would make a stop by your FULLY FURNISHED GYM to hold a challenge instead of a McDojo floor.

red5angel
11-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Once again, ED, since you insist we are so close, you could easily come to me, and find out what sort of fighter I am.

never gonna happen. He doesn't have the guts to back up his threats.

EarthDragon
11-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Like I have said, its fine for YOU! revert back to the religion analogy I made. For people that are into what you are into like evofist, then by all means jump in with both feet.
My point is not everyone shares the same point of view but yet you tell them they are worng for not sharing your view.

also...... it is when other's toot your horn that it can be heard the loudest, for he who toots his own horn himself cannot be heard.

capintipickaxe? what champion? LOL

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Oh, I know that! I'm just pointing out the obvious....

But it seems everyone already has ED figured out, so it's becoming less fun now...

CaptinPickAxe
11-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Dude, you have more respect from me in your pinky nail than ED has in his entire school. When Sifus talk **** over the net and fail to back it up, all it does is tarnish his school's reputation...GIVE YOUR STUDENTS A CHANCE,ED!

EarthDragon
11-01-2004, 12:24 PM
oh no another fan!

for your info our entire system has a reputation as well as the AMERICAN CHINESE MArTAIL ARTS FEDERATION maybe you've heard of it? it spans from here to taiwan. I dont have to stand alone and and stick up for my schools like some people.

captain, why dont you go see steve cotrell in san antionio and ask him what he thinks of me and my school. then come hollar.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 12:25 PM
People play raquet ball

I don't have any issue with people who play raquet ball

But NOTE, people who play raquet ball don't think they are fierce warriors for doing so

People who claim to do MARTIAL ARTS and then fall back on lame phrases like "we learn how NOT to fight" invite their own scorn and ridicule.

People who claim they teach fighting, but don't produce fighters, are obviously selling a lie.

Why does every "martial arts master" think he is qualified to teach women self defense?

When the FBI approached me, I used the opportunity to study case files and learn the facts of assaults in the real world.

To learn what really works in "self defense training" I studied the "boot camp" OSS officers went through that was tested for real. I read the works of people like Fairbairn, who trained the Shanghai police and was friends of Green Gang boss Tu.

I studied adrenaline response and it's training methods

Because I didn't want to teach ridiculous and dangerous gun defenses, I went to Detroit on my own expense to study with a man who had taught the US Marines gun disarms.

To simply teach some lame martial art technique to people and delude them into thinking they are learning self defense is morally reprehensible.....

CaptinPickAxe
11-01-2004, 12:26 PM
When you make a respectable school without the help of "major Kung Fu fedarations" it garners more respect.

Next point.

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 12:28 PM
OK, how is this.. all the bickering and whatnot, who cares..

So, I was thinking, we should set up a paypal account, call it whatever, like kung fu magazine fight fund. Then we can all chip in like 5-10 bucks. Set up fights like Ross v. ED, Red5 v. MK, etc. Pay for some of the travel and stuff.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by EarthDragon

for your info our entire system has a reputation as well as the AMERICAN CHINESE MArTAIL ARTS FEDERATION maybe you've heard of it? it spans from here to taiwan.

I've been doing CMA in the US for 27 years and have never heard of it.

I've been a member of
Wai Hong's Eastern US Kung Fu Federation
Tai Yim's NACMAF
the USA WKF
the USWU
and I have certifications from the IWUF

I suspect that "it spans from here to taiwan" means that it consists of you and your teacher in Taiwan

The big organization based out of Taiwan that EVERYONE knows is the Chinese Kuoshu Fderation. Are you even a member of that?

Kristoffer
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=543645#post543645

Make sure you videotape it and put it online

CaptinPickAxe
11-01-2004, 12:41 PM
to quote the Luniz:

I GOT 5 ON IT!

Ai Lek Ou Seun
11-01-2004, 12:55 PM
When the FBI approached me, I used the opportunity to study case files and learn the facts of assaults in the real world.

Now I have heard it all.

Do you work for the CIA too Ross? Oh...wait...maybe you can't talk about that or you'd have to kill me.

I think we've got a classic case of schizophrenia here with thedelusions of grandeur up the ying yang!!!:eek:

red5angel
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
I travel all the time. There's a good chance I will be in MK's area sometime in the next 12 months, if so, I'll make sure he and I get to meet up so I can feel the awesome power of the 5 minute ass whoopin!!!!!

Ai Lek Ou Seun
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM

Well, I can't know for sure unless you send me your financial records (you can PM with that info.)

All I can do is infer from your attitude that you've got some vested interest....like I said....it could just be a vested interest in your bloated ego.

Another might be the fact that I'm still here and running my gym after more than one challenge I accepted.
[/B]

Says you....haha.....what did ever happen with Maoshan? I guess the world will never know...we can only guess. Don't be scared Ross.....the truth is out there.

:D :D :D

Ray Pina
11-01-2004, 01:17 PM
For the record, I would not say that I am "into" the same thing as Mr. Ross.

For example, and I know I am open to scorn on this, my master does not promote conditioning. His thinking is, how do I at 30 condition myself to compete with the young 20 year olds who weight the same as me but have zero body fat?

Of course, I could starve myself and cut weight and then be the big guy in the lighter weight. But first and foremost I am a martial artist. I train the best I can when I can how I can, and when it comes time to fight I'll fight who they put in front of me.

I am in better shape than I was in my last fight, a full 10 lbs lighter and I do plan on not being out of condition for my fight and fighting at a strong 195, but the focus is a little different.

I am astudying an old man art, an art that looks at how to fight the younger, faster, stronger guy. Kicking the bags harder is not something we do. It's nice to be able to make a training statement that no one agrees with, at least I can't be blamed for selfless promoting.

Anyway, what I AM INTO though, is the fact that Mr. Ross puts his money where his mouth is. He trains his fighters to, well, uh, fight. And they do. And they do it well. And he even opens up the opportunity for you, for me, for anyone here to go and check it out.

So I think his program and schools like my masters are seeking the same end result -- trying to return credence to Chinese martial arts; martial arts in general -- but taking a different aproach. The major similiar point is this phrase though: "Come on."

That's the phrase when someone talking over the net or phone or from across the table at a party. "Come on; show me what you got."

That's the phrase you project from your being when you enter the ring. "Come on; let's see what you and I have."

I respect that. I respect that a lot. And the biggest shame is that it is something to be respected these days instead of an understood common practice. You wear that sash or belt or claim to be senior this or that, inheritor of the other thing, doesn't mean a thing if it aint got that swing. This is martial arts. If you can't bring it, you have failed yourself. Anyone can wear a robe and jump around.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Ai Lek, as I said, you are too dim to even realize how much of a laughing stock you've made yourself

But in case you forgot

1. who is your teacher? The one you say knows more than Chan Tai San?

2. what DVD am I selling? You said I was selling one, then back peddled faster than an eel on ice

3. what are YOUR accomplishments in the arts.

It's pretty funny that you can't accept something as simple as having taught the FBI. They hire people all the time. Considering I was living in Washington DC at the time, a few blocks from the headquarters, it was no big deal

Just like you, no big deal

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 01:20 PM

Mutant
11-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionFist

Anway, to be able to commit to a fight about 1 or 2 months in advance, get there, get a medical exam and matched with someone near your size ... to be in a room with a bunch of fighters getting pre-fight instructions, sitting in that locker room wen you know your fight is up in one more round (3 minutes) and hearing your apponant kicking away on the pads in the lockerroom next door .... and not have to pay for this experience .... wow, I know it has focused my training. I can say, even though I lost my first San Da fight, it has already made me a better fighter.

The $hit is pretty tight over there. They're not fooling around. And that's good.

Well said, EF.

Lowlynobody
11-02-2004, 05:42 PM
lkfmdc - just interested in what systems of TCMA you trained in in the past?

diego
11-02-2004, 08:51 PM

A HUGE hint might be that the people I train are all very respected fighters.

You might also want to read Evolution Fist's post again.... i think the peeps with probs with your forum approach is they see it as you a sifu so in they eyes you have to talk to them like you teaching a class, not even realizing you just chatting on a forum... and it's not like this place is all about proper ettiquette...anywho:)

GeneChing
11-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Both lkfmdc and Ai Lek Ou Seun have been banned for a cooling off period. Please keep in mind that banning is a impermanent - it's a mere flick of the switch to ban or un-ban someone. Both parties have mentioned taking legal action against this forum by contacting lawyers, which of course, forces us to contact our lawyers. And rather than sort our who might be right or who might be wrong, our legal counsel advised that the best course of action would be to ban both parties for a cooling off period. It is my hope that they can resolve their differences outside the forum and that they can both be reinstated to regular member status soon.

red5angel
11-03-2004, 11:08 AM
LOL! Threatened legal action against this forum?! How does that work? Two idiots start arguing and suddenly they want to hold the internet responsible? :rolleyes:

wow, even MK and I haven't been banned for a cooling off period....

Shaolinlueb
11-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Both lkfmdc and Ai Lek Ou Seun have been banned for a cooling off period. Please keep in mind that banning is a impermanent - it's a mere flick of the switch to ban or un-ban someone. Both parties have mentioned taking legal action against this forum by contacting lawyers, which of course, forces us to contact our lawyers. And rather than sort our who might be right or who might be wrong, our legal counsel advised that the best course of action would be to ban both parties for a cooling off period. It is my hope that they can resolve their differences outside the forum and that they can both be reinstated to regular member status soon.

ooh its nice :o :o :o :D

EarthDragon
11-03-2004, 11:16 AM
THANK THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Gene what can you do about trolls like red5angel?

SevenStar
11-03-2004, 11:21 AM
trolls?

EarthDragon
11-03-2004, 11:26 AM
you dont think red5angel is a troll?

you have read more than several of my posts... I get along with everyone out here, with the exception of a couple.
But to everyone else my disscussions remain professional and full of help to those who ask for it.

wolfen
11-03-2004, 11:33 AM
very sobering.
just a click away.
Its all that hot kungfu blood.
Yeah we used to suspend guys out of our old club the same way for the same reason.
Like one guy was mad and hit the wall and caved it in.
They get too hothead and they have to cool off for a while.

They're kungfu guys you gotta expect that.
But lawyers? New kind of kungfu guy.

So i guess this is Fumag style kungfu?

SevenStar
11-03-2004, 11:33 AM
not really. need I dig up your posts from the past week or so? As I said on other threads, you have your times where you get on your soapbox and rant like nobody's business. Especially if somone is disagreeing with something you say. Then name calling starts. But it's an internet forum, so that happens. How do you figure you're less of a troll than red5, whom you are accusing?

red5angel
11-03-2004, 11:38 AM
But to everyone else my disscussions remain professional and full of help to those who ask for it

full of something anyway....

LOL! I'm not a Troll although I play on on the internet!

Hau Tien
11-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Wow... this is getting as bad as I've seen it recently.

Every one of these flame posts/threads sends potential contributors running, as who wants to join a community constantly arguing and belittling with each other?

I'm glad to see the mods are on the ball today in deleting some of these posts... I know I'd like to see them simply end.

Unfortunately, the forum has reached the population where difficult moderation choices are required... I don't envy them their jobs.

red5angel
11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Wow... this is getting as bad as I've seen it recently.

with roughly 200 posts, exactly how long have you been here? I've seen it get a lot worse. It goes in waves, tends to come to a head and then settle down.
Recently, because a small anti-bush faction can't shutup about their bitterness, the fighting has been going on for slightly longer then usual.