PDA

View Full Version : is this possible/practical?

captain
11-01-2004, 07:41 AM
we all put in a $100.00 to train up and enter a wing chun fighter in a local mma event.perhaps not a large pride/nhb fixture,at this stage,but a smaller event to test the waters.
we have people on here with grapple/ground experience,and real fighting experience.a good,indisputible wing chun might just be the ticket to ease some of the anxiety that runs through this style and website.
i'm sure someone might be interested?it certainly would be a put up or shut up situation for all the wing chun naysayers or 'theorists'.

Russ

Vajramusti
11-01-2004, 08:40 AM
One wing chun guy I know did entera local rage in the cage event
and did fine. Knocked the other guy out. He just wanted to test himself. Was not interested in making a career of it.

He is not on kfo- and I dont think that he would particularly care
wha kfo-ers thought of him.

Ernie
11-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Andrew S has done it and won
Dhira [Kenwingjitsu ] has done it and won

it's not about what other people can do , what can you do ?
there wins are not yours

so if you really want to find something out , put in the work
and go find out

real simple;)

Vajramusti
11-01-2004, 10:47 AM
" is this possible/practical?
we all put in a $100.00 to train up and enter a wing chun fighter in a local mma event."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
$100 per person? Cheap talk.

If you are serious- you probably should raise $100,000 for the pot alone plus expenses for both parties besides the matchmaking and specifying- getting agreement on the rules- for a public test if that is what you are looking for..

When Royce fought Severn- I think the going rate for the final purse was around $60,000 years ago- should be bumped up by inflation.

MMA still has not caught on compared to boxing. Real talented folks go into boxing (or wrestling) circuits... more money. Top level pro boxers dont enter mma events.

captain
11-01-2004, 11:59 AM
and just how do you find out what you can do,with out being bounced all over the mat.or appearing on everyone's 'ouch' download?

Russ

YongChun
11-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Someone in Europe challenged Remy Presas to a public match. Remy Presas said fine provided that the guy or his organization put up $100,000. The guy never did and so the match never happened. So Joy's figure is about right.

Ernie
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by captain
and just how do you find out what you can do,with out being bounced all over the mat.or appearing on everyone's 'ouch' download?

Russ

Russ,
it's a hard road that's why few take it , the rest just sit back and invent possibilities

and you find out by getting bounced hit beat down ,
this is fighting after all not ballet

and what i find will not be what you find , so got to walk your own steps man

SevenStar
11-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by captain

Russ

you can't. But that doesn't matter. It's not about winning or losing - the fight is everything. If you are a fighter, that is what you care about. If you want to be a fighter, getting bounced around is a necessity.