PDA

View Full Version : My Fellow Americans...

Chang Style Novice
11-01-2004, 01:21 PM
As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Vote turd sandwich tomorrow, as many times as you can.

Meat Shake
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
I turned 21 over the weekend, and embibed in a 12 pack sampler of Sam Adams winter beers.
Ive had to **** 7 times a day for the past 2 days.
The moral of the story? Sam Adams cranberry brew may be good, but it will make you **** worse than budweiser.
From now on the bud not the beer cause the bud makes me wiser. ;)

When I was 4 and my grandmother asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I proudly replied, "A tiger!". They told me that I couldnt be a tiger, so I sued them to the point of bankrupcy for filling my head with false dreams that "I could be anything when I grew up."

:D

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 01:39 PM
In the great Chicago tradition

vote early
vote often

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 01:40 PM
lkfmdc beet me to it...

vate aften

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 01:44 PM
np

:p

Kristoffer
11-01-2004, 01:54 PM
uhm So when is the election over? I mean when will we know who won?

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Depends on how long they take in front of the supreme court this time.

Meat Shake
11-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Depends on wheather GB wins before or after the re-count.

MasterKiller
11-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Depends on how long it takes the Bush family to rig another election.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 02:02 PM
People forget, it isn't popular vote, it's the electoral college that really matters...

When all is said and done, it won't be close, people will complain but it won't matter. It isn't going to be 2000 again

Meat Shake
11-01-2004, 02:04 PM
"it's the electoral college that really matters..."

and the underhanded income that matters more...
GB doesnt keep his hands in his lap to be polite, the sneaky ****ass is handing out money under the table.

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 02:04 PM
I think lkvaicl has it right...

which unfortunate, but true, like so much here.

jun_erh
11-01-2004, 02:07 PM
some people (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1264942/posts) are very nervous

count
11-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Bush - 220
Kerry - 311

Bush - 49%
Kerry - 51%

Even if Florida is rigged, Kerry still wins with 284 Electoral votes.

jun_erh
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
let's pray your right. I'm serious

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Kerry will lose Oh and Pa and that will be all she wrote, FL won't even matter

To add insult to injury, Kerry will lose AK, showing that even Bill Clinton can't help him

I could be wrong, but that's what I see happening....

red5angel
11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
some people are very nervous

some people are paranoid

Paranoid (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11596)

count
11-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Here is a slightly less optimistic overview with fairly good tracking sources.
Electoral Tracking Polls (http://www.electoral-vote.com/)

Edit: Might be slow to load, it's a busy site.

Reggie1
11-01-2004, 02:19 PM
"Kerry will lose Oh and Pa and that will be all she wrote, FL won't even matter

To add insult to injury, Kerry will lose AK, showing that even Bill Clinton can't help him"

Has anybody read about the Redskins rule? Basically, since 1936 anytime a standing president is up for re-election, the outcome of the election has followed these rules:

If the Redskins win their most recent home game before the election, the president remains in office

If the 'skins lose their most recent home game, a new president has been elected.

Too bad, Bush fans, The Skins got beat at home yesterday..;)

Here's the link:

Crazy Redskin Politics (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1913509)

count
11-01-2004, 02:23 PM
When stocks drop more than .5 percent in the last month before an election, no incumbant has been re-elected in the last 100 years. But than, since Bush wasn't elected in the first place, that might be out the window.

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
heck, ANYTHING is possible, but I suspect that fear drives votes, once you close the curtain and put your hand on the lever, you think one last time....

Kerry would be better for the economy, but people always wonder how liberals will respond to issues of national defense and war....

jun_erh
11-01-2004, 02:32 PM
let's talk about that. what if there is another terrorist attack? All our troops are in Iraq! so it doesn't mater I guess. Uh Oh spaghetti-o!

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 02:38 PM
well, think about this, Kerry wouldn't have put us in Iraq if he had been president (probably?) but now that it's done and they are there? He isn't going to walk into Washington in January and pull all the troops out in one day...

Is he going to put reins on the intelligence community? Slow down how we're attacking Al Queda? Probably not, he wants them destroyed as much as anyone

MasterKiller
11-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Oil prices fall on speculation Kerry wins.... (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&e=6&u=/nm/markets_oil_dc)

jun_erh
11-01-2004, 02:43 PM
so if a bomb goes off in New York on Nov 3 and Al Qeuda takes responsibility what happens?

Shaolinlueb
11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Vote turd sandwich tomorrow, as many times as you can.

which ones the dousch adn which oens the turd sandwich?

Chang Style Novice
11-01-2004, 02:47 PM
They won't. If they could pull off something like that, they'd have done it. What they did was send a videotape to Al Jazeera.

red5angel
11-01-2004, 02:47 PM
let's talk about that. what if there is another terrorist attack? All our troops are in Iraq! so it doesn't mater I guess. Uh Oh spaghetti-o!

you did mean TERRORIST ATTACK and not INVASION right?

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 02:53 PM
on NOv 3rd? Whose president?

If Bush is re-elected, you can bet there will be something visible, something's getting bombed and tapes of it are going on the news

Kerry? He'll make a "strong speech" and promise to "root out the evil" but other than that? Kerry isn't the kind to bomb something for show, and it would be against his image...

But put it this way, we are in Afghanistan and Iraq now. If Gore had been elected, we would not be in Iraq. But I am not sure we would have been in Afghanistan. And that is a feeling that a lot of people have, and they'll think the same thing before voting Kerry...

red5angel
11-01-2004, 02:55 PM
But put it this way, we are in Afghanistan and Iraq now

and just think what a guy who protested the war he was in, will do to a war he has some real power to affect......

jun_erh
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
unlike Bush Kerry has actually served in combat, regardless of how you feel about the political implications of what he did afterwards or whatever. He was also a prosecutor and has put people away for life. I don't think he's going to turn us into France. He supported Scalia's nomination to the bunch for crying out loud. That's the most conservative one there. I can't wait till we get rid of John Ashcroft. That guy is crazy bullocks! "Let the eagle soar!!!!"

red5angel
11-01-2004, 03:08 PM
anyone who has ever been in the military can back me up on this, but just because you were in the service, doesn't make you necessarily a fine upstanding guy. It teaches you how to shoot a gun and throw a grenade. I think how Kerry behaved after his service is more relevant then the fact that he served, especially on todays issues. He wasn't willing to back up his buddies then, how can he be trusted to back up american troops now?

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Because he'll have to. Simple as that.

Buddy
11-01-2004, 03:17 PM
No it isn't. He's the fukking Manchurian Candidate.

red5angel
11-01-2004, 03:18 PM
are guys from colorado even allowed on this thread?!

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Let's get this straight, which might be hard for you sometimes red... I'm FROM New York... I live in Colorado... The whole state isn't red, just enough of it to prob. go towards bush...

red5angel
11-01-2004, 03:26 PM
your mom doesn't seem to think I have any problems getting anything straight. That and I made your girls short and curly's go straight ;)

Meat Shake
11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
"He wasn't willing to back up his buddies then, how can he be trusted to back up american troops now?"

wtf?
Bush didnt even go. Bush not only didny "back up" his buddies, he flat out deserted them. Every republican attack Ive read on kerry simply ignores every single fact about bush. Ie- the republican party is thriving on hypocrisy.

norther practitioner
11-01-2004, 03:31 PM
wrong girl red....

Mine is clean cut

red5angel
11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
look 'shake, you're going to be within a stones throw in less then a week so don't **** of the red with all your logic ok! :mad:

red5angel
11-01-2004, 03:33 PM
so not only did they straighten out but they fell off?! Damm, I must be getting better!

jun_erh
11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Kerry's testimony was one of the great moments in our countries history, being able to admit we were wrong and express our anger at the corrupt status quo. He WAS backing up his buddies. John O neill and Richard Nixon were the ones who let them down. and now the SAME PEOPLE (cheney, rumsfeld) who were part of the Nixon vietnam death machine have screwed up another one. My Dad was in vietnam, okay he was an accountant in Vietnam, but he was still in vietnam. He has a total distrust of the government to this day. He blames the failure in Vietnam on the White House and he's right to. the Civilians in the military, Wolfowitz, Rumsfled, wanted to send 10-15,000 troops into baghdad. You think we have problems NOW! It was all in the name of "transforming" the military. No one who had ever been in combat would have sent those poor kids in to bahgdad without the armour they needed thinking it would be a cakewalk.

Radhnoti
11-01-2004, 05:51 PM
The difference between this war and Vietnam is the troops. Specifically, some Vietnam troops (not Kerry) were there against their will...drafted. EVERY person over in Iraq and Afghanistan, including some friends of mine are VOLUNTEERS. Ask any pollster who those troops are going to vote for (in the majority) and the answer will be Bush. That's why Democratic lawyers didn't want military absentee votes counted in FL in 2000, they knew which way those votes would lean.
The ONLY people who have brought up the draft as a political issue is the Democrats. Specifically, two democrats sponsored it and then quickly voted against it when Republicans rushed it through for a vote to be rid of it. Not before Democrats rushed out and used it to startle young voters who were too stupid to look at the bill to see who sponsored it. My own nephew (a high school senior) even seemed to think people were already over in Iraq who'd been drafted and asked me if he went to college if he'd be able to avoid it! I had to patiently explain that the only people fighting were people who had signed up, and I'm still not totally sure he walked away believing me. Democrats pushing that bill as a scare tactic were wrong to do so and I hope they don't sleep well at night.

count
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
In the military poll that concluded 3 out of 4 will be voting for Bush, only 4000 answered out of 45,000 who were asked. I wonder who the other 41,000 will be voting for. As far as a draft, I don't see how you can stretch our troops so thin, raise so much ****, and find enough troops without a draft. Despite Bush's denial of restarting a draft after the election, the selective service has received an additional 28 million dollars for 2005, a doubling of their current budget. They are also hiring an additional 10,000 people and another 11,000 arbitrators. Seems like if there were no possibility of a draft, you wouldn't need this kind of expansion. :confused:

ZIM
11-02-2004, 04:59 AM
I switched my vote to COBRA COMMANDER!!! (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2463)

MasterKiller
11-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Q: What's the difference between Vietnam and Iraq?

A: Bush had a plan to get out of Vietnam.

red5angel
11-02-2004, 08:08 AM
do you have a plan to get out of being retarded? Weight watchers has set up with a plan to get out of being fat so I guess 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Awesome ZIM! I'm voting for Cobra Commander too!!!

MasterKiller
11-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Stealing my retard jokes about you doesn't make you look very bright. In fact, it makes you look even more retarded. I thought we had made progress yesterday. No tard clap for you.

red5angel
11-02-2004, 08:30 AM
this coming from the guy who's stolen every one of my jokes? No tard clap?! Where's your buddy ED when you need him?

MasterKiller
11-02-2004, 08:32 AM
You need to lighten up, Pee-Wee. You're going to overheat your bulbous midget head and pass out.

red5angel
11-02-2004, 08:34 AM
even have to get your Bush jokes from other KFM members, man, not only are you fat but pathetic too.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33466

MasterKiller
11-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Actually, I got it from EmptyFlower. Can your stubby midget fingers type that many letters into your browser without making a mistake?

red5angel
11-02-2004, 08:41 AM
can you get your own material chubby?