PDA

View Full Version : Grass roots

SPJ
11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
When I was a young boy, to weed the lawn was a weekend chore.

I asked my father. What is the point of weeding, the grass will grow tall again next week?

"Do you know why?"

I dunno.

"Because the grass has roots."

Which means if I do not get to the root of the problems, I do not solve the problems.

San Da and TCMA (root) people are fishes in the same pool of the water. They both share the same resources and history.

If you put everything in a bigger scheme of things or contexts, some personal differences may not be that important any more.

Name one problem in your MA study or your personal life.

How do you find out the root?

How do you solve or unsolve it?

:D

lkfmdc
11-01-2004, 02:27 PM
I thought this was going to be a post about the chronic :mad:

SPJ
11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Sorry.

I got interrupted.

Here is the analogy.

TCMA schools take students of all kinds. Think of it as a swimming pool. Some students swim for health. Some students swim to have fun. Some swim to be a lifeguard to save lives. Some swim for competitions.

San Da is like the Olympic size pool. It is only used to train to compete.

If the students like to learn to swim to compete, he or she may start at a regular TCMA school (pool) or San Da school (pool). But they will all come to the San Da pool to compete in the end.

So the question is that should TCMA and San Da people work together to find the good students and prepare them for the road?

Or arguing that if you do not compete, you do not know how to swim, if you swim only to compete, you do not know the art of swimming or how to swim to save life etc.

SPJ
11-01-2004, 02:52 PM
My point is that if we start to see how much we are the same, and then how different we are is not much of a big thing anymore.

Some schools stress sparring in every stage of the courses.

Some schools drop or minimize sparring at the requests of the students or parents.

Usually, there is a concern of the risk of injury, liabilities, insurances etc.

And yes, everybody knows San Da is just for fight and competitions only.