PDA

View Full Version : 100 days celibacy

WanderingMonk
11-01-2004, 11:06 PM
I hold the view that the 100 days celibacy is a extension of daoist/buddhist influence on CMA. Some view it as unnecessary or at least dubious. Here's a discussion the medical value of celibacy. is it quack? you should evaluate it yourself.

http://www.ashram.org/satsang_eng/eternal_youth/page6.html
Modern medical opinion
Eminent European Medical experts also support the statements of the Yogis of India. Dr. Nicole says, "It is a medical and physiological fact that the best blood in the body goes to form the elements of reproduction in both the sexes. In a pure and orderly life, this matter is reabsorbed. It goes back into circulation ready to form the finest brain, nerve and muscular tissues. This vital fluid of man carried back and diffused through his system makes him manly, strong, brave and heroic. If wasted, it leaves him effeminate, weak and physically debilitated and prone to sexual irritation and disordered function, a wretched nervous system, epilepsy and various other diseases and death. The suspension of the use of the generative organs is attained with a notable increase of bodily, mental and spiritual vigour."

If the spermatic secretion in man is continuous, it must either be expelled or be reabsorbed. As a result of the most patient and preserving scientific investigations, it has been found that whenever the seminal secretions are conserved and thereby reabsorbed into the system, it goes towards enriching the blood and strengthening the brain.

Dr. Dio Louis thinks that the conservation of this element is essential to strength of body, vigour of mind and keenness of intellect. Another writer Dr. E.P. Miller says : "All waste of spermatic secretions, whether voluntary or involuntary, is a direct waste of the life-force. It is almost universally conceded that the choicest element of the blood enters into the composition of the spermatic secretions. If these conclusions are correct, then it follows that celibacy in life is essential to man's ultimate well-being."

Samurai Jack
11-02-2004, 02:03 AM
"It is a medical and physiological fact that the best blood in the body goes to form the elements of reproduction in both the sexes."

Hogwash! There is no western medical model that recognizes the quality (i.e. "best") of blood. Blood is blood.

"It goes back into circulation ready to form the finest brain, nerve and muscular tissues."

Blood isn't magically transformed into brain, muscle, or nerve tissue. The function of blood is to carry nutrients and oxygen to other cells in the body. The cells use the NUTRIENTS, not the blood, to re-build tissues as they decay.

Sorry to break it to you, but your "Eminent European Medical experts" need to go back to school. I call quack.

Hau Tien
11-02-2004, 06:28 AM
I also call quack.

And what about vasectomized men? Since they don't have any sperm in their ejaculate (it is reabsorbed, as described), wouldn't they be at an advantage?

Vash
11-02-2004, 06:34 AM
If you go 100 days without rubbing one out/having one rubbed out for you, you're gonna be a bored ******* with nothing to do but train and kick puppies.

unixfudotnet
11-03-2004, 10:47 AM
there is also half a million studies that say the opposite as well...
with the internet at your fingertips, you can find any study with a doctor and/or scientist backing it... from foil hats to atkins diet :)

i have gone 100 days without sex before, and not on purpose, heh. i think it is a load of poop.

i would argue that having sexual frustrations out of the way, could help you be more relaxed and have a clear mind for your training :) plus a general happy feeling, heh.

gfx
11-07-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm confused, wouldn't 100 days give you tons of sexual frustration? :confused:

omarthefish
11-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Yes.

That's his point. He's arguing the other side.

But I hold that the real key is not in the reabsorded whatever the hell but the "frustration". You don't just stop. It's supposed to be paired with some sort of meditative or spiritual practice that allows you to sublimate sexual "frustration" into something else. It could be MA training but it could just as easily be prayer, a business project, a difficult work of art or any other creative enterprise.

If are overly "satisfied" then you tend to have little motivation.

Hau Tien
11-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by omarthefish
Yes.

That's his point. He's arguing the other side.

But I hold that the real key is not in the reabsorded whatever the hell but the "frustration". You don't just stop. It's supposed to be paired with some sort of meditative or spiritual practice that allows you to sublimate sexual "frustration" into something else. It could be MA training but it could just as easily be prayer, a business project, a difficult work of art or any other creative enterprise.

If are overly "satisfied" then you tend to have little motivation.

I find the opposite to be true. When I'm not satisfied I cannot focus and my motivation is crap.

Conversely, if I am "sated", my motivation is high and I'm able to focus much better on any given task, be it martial arts or work.

I think everyone will be different for this, just as everyone's sexual appetite is different.

bigdoing
11-08-2004, 07:56 PM
the longest Ive held out "spilling my seed" was about six months...this was for spiritual practice....

also during this time I
was on a vegan diet with a lot of raw foods etc.....

practicing kung fu every day for at least two hours....monday through thursday about four hours...

I can say due to diet:

I lost weight and muscle mass...
I gained a lot of endurance...and a lot more noticable power....

Personally I belive in chi' and the whole semen absorbtion thing...
you might not be able to prove it with medical equipment now...but....the buddhist idea of the atom goes back long before the first western scientist validated the atomic theroy...

I was sleeping less.....breathing better.....the list goes on...

just my two cents...

FngSaiYuk
11-08-2004, 10:04 PM
bigdoing,

I had similiar experience, but I practiced for a couple of years. Peak period of my life, physically. I'm trying to get back on the road to achieve and surpass my accomplishments of that period.

Note to others- holding out on 'spilling the seed' pretty much just means you do NOT ejaculate. You can still have sex, as long as abstain from ejaculation.

Kaitain(UK)
11-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Certainly tantric appraoches to sex are extremely useful on that front. I'd recommend them just for the sensations alone :)

Newb
11-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by bigdoing
the longest Ive held out "spilling my seed" was about six months...this was for spiritual practice....

just my two cents...

Does that mean you were 'injaculating' or do you mean that you were completely non sexual?

AndyM
11-10-2004, 04:53 PM
If this was all undeniably true, then Ugly people would automatically be recognised as more intelligent within society.

I lay waste to this suggestion by using the example of George W. Bush, who is not only Ugly, but clearly a Wanker. :D

Newb
11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by AndyM
If this was all undeniably true, then Ugly people would automatically be recognised as more intelligent within society.

I lay waste to this suggestion by using the example of George W. Bush, who is not only Ugly, but clearly a Wanker. :D

You might be onto something....
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/77335/data/fr-07.03.98-000/hawking.jpg

Hau Tien
11-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Newb
You might be onto something....
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/77335/data/fr-07.03.98-000/hawking.jpg

Hawking may not be a beautiful man, but man can he rap!

www.mchawking.com (direct link to free mp3s http://www.mchawking.com/multimedia.php?page_function=mp3z )

I recommend "Entropy" and "F*ck the Creationists"... "Quakemaster" if you liked Quake3 ;)

EDIT: MY apologies... it appears the owners of the site now only sell the CDs for those songs, except for QuakeMaster. They were available until recently for free download.

Newb
11-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Hau Tien
Hawking may not be a beautiful man, but man can he rap!

www.mchawking.com (direct link to free mp3s http://www.mchawking.com/multimedia.php?page_function=mp3z )

I recommend "Entropy" and "F*ck the Creationists"... "Quakemaster" if you liked Quake3 ;)

EDIT: MY apologies... it appears the owners of the site now only sell the CDs for those songs, except for QuakeMaster. They were available until recently for free download.

Heh, those titles are REALLY funny! Do you watch Family Guy?

Ford Prefect
11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
100 days of celibacy is more of an extension of having no game than any daoist/buddhist beliefs.