PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

mun hung
08-25-2001, 12:50 AM
Have you ever fought with anyone who came to test your school? Or have you ever fought in some other school?

wingchunalex
08-25-2001, 06:41 AM
it all started out when one of my fellow students went to visit a karate/kung fu school (can there be such a thing). he talked with the teachers teenage son. he talked a little about our school. and the instructor's son mentioned a friendly sparring match. 2 weeks later myself, my wing chun brother and my fellow student all went to watch the kung fu part of the school. little did we know that the teacher thought we were there to challenge the school. one of the students my fellow student had talked to miss conveyed to his teacher what the two of them had talked about and he took it as a attack on his school. so he basically tell my friend to sparr. also we didn't get to kick, sence i thought they didn't have enough sparring foot pads. so we wore our shoes. but then later i found out we could have borrowed some foot pads. i just got the wrong message. and this was point sparring which we don't do offten at my school. then sence i thought that this was just a freindly sparring match at the time i asked if i could participte at the time. my friend had only 3 months training. i was on my 5th year. well the teacher has 3 of his top students sparr my friend. all right after the other, no breaks. the last of which was his own son. then the teacher himself sparrs my friend and fellow student of only 3 months. then i sparr the first 3 students. the first one got his contact messed up so he couldn't continue (not too smart to sparr with contacts in). then the next person i sparr hurts his ankle and can't continue. then with his son, i almost knock him over 3 times when i chase him with my attacks and chain punches. then when i sparr the teacher i do the same thing i did to his son to him, but not quite as bad. so he gets the first 3 points fairly quickly. then i get a couple points. then he can't get the last two point for almost 2 minutes. during that time he also rips off my head gear. he also says to leave it off and that i don't need it (consider that he is liable for us and we are vistors). so he eventually get the last 2 points. then he wants to keep sparring after he has oviously won. also this became full contact point fighting by the end of the match. i weigh 135 and he weighed over 230. so i basically made him feel like he didnt beat me as well as a "master" should have been able to. if it wasn't point sparring and if himself and his assistant instructor wasn't judjing the match i would have won. so after we get done sparring he wants to sparr my friend again, even tough he easily beat my friend. he declined. so after that he lectures us on how is is disrespectful to come in and challenge another school (but he asked us to sparr). and how it is dis honorable to takl crap about another school. then he goes on and on about he is master of 5 styles and is a 6 time world champion. it was such a joke. if he is such a "master" he should have wiped the floor with me. i had no idea he was intending to teach us a lesson when we sparred, i thought it was just friendly. so that is my kung fu drama story.

know yourself don't show yourself, think well of yorself don't tell of yourself. lao tzu

Losttrak
08-25-2001, 05:17 PM
So many schools are quick to jump to the conclusion when people come to visit. People from other styles come into the school all the time and watch, etc. They are welcome to spar if they like... But all this "Day of the Dragon" challenge BS is getting on my nerves. Even speaking about the styles contrasts etc is miscontrued. When people talk about the differences in their workplaces do they jump up and demand a challenge bout? Gimme a break. People are just watching to many kung fu movies. This is the year 2000, just because you practice an ancient art of combat doesn't mean you have to take your mentality back to those days. Sorry for the ranting but I think people are just spoiling for a fight and that is directly due to the alienation of styles in martial circles. I am gonna run... freaking medicine I am taking is making me loopy. =p

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Sharky
08-25-2001, 09:56 PM
it's the year 2001 you **** :D

================================================== =
The battle started with a grapple, he had real long hair so a grabbed a hand full, and chopped 'em in the Adams-apple, his partner in back of you tried to attack you, so I'ma twist 'em up like a pret-zel then I'ma tag you/I can't believe he wanna grapple again, I swung 'em around like I was dancing wit 'em, put his arms in back of his head and snapped 'em again, I fractured his limbs and put em in the figure-"6 subtracted from 10"...

old jong
08-26-2001, 12:29 AM
Hey Wingchunalex...Looks like you can fight.Even without a good kwan sau!... :D :D :D ;)

wingchunalex
08-26-2001, 01:58 AM
ps, i like your name.

know yourself don't show yourself, think well of yorself don't tell of yourself. lao tzu