PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Rico Seminar

Phil Redmond
11-02-2004, 01:36 PM
I will be doing a Self defense and TWC seminar in Farjardo, Puerto Rico Sat. December 11th - 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
Sun. December 12th - 12:00pm - 5:00pm
The topic of the first day, (User Friendly Self Defense), will cover Prevention, Escape, Evasion, etc., utilizing passive, verbal, and/or physical resistance.
There will be a number of woman the first day but men shouldn't feel intimidated and are welcome too. :)
The second day will concentrate on TWC basic principles and how they can be applied to the "streets".
(In case some of you don't know. Puerto Rico is a U.S. Commonwealth and U.S. citizens don't need a passport. I had to write that because I've come across people didn't know that).

Farjardo is about a 1 hour drive from San Juan.
Please contact Sifu Freddie Gonzales (787) 239-3944 for more info.
Phil

Ultimatewingchun
11-02-2004, 02:08 PM
"There will be a number of woman the first day but men shouldn't feel intimidated and are welcome too."

A number of women, huh?

So Phil...if I show up sans my wife...are you suggesting that I could be looking for trouble?

YongChun
11-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi Phil,

Send me an Email. I need some information about your stuff. I am recommending someone learn with you.

Ray

Phil Redmond
11-02-2004, 04:38 PM
A number of women, huh?

So Phil...if I show up sans my wife...are you suggesting that I could be looking for trouble? [/B]

You know how to behave yourself....grin.
Phil

Phil Redmond
11-04-2004, 02:27 PM
http://welcome.topuertorico.org/city/fajardo.shtml

PR

Phil Redmond
12-05-2004, 12:52 AM
December 11 is coming up soon. ;)
Phil

canglong
12-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Redmond Sifu,
Sounds good be sure and take lots of pics especially on the first day ;) Look forward to you sharing your experience if you do a write up please take time out to copy it to HFY108/community workshops as well thanks. Best wishes for a successful seminar.

Phil Redmond
12-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by canglong
Redmond Sifu,
Sounds good be sure and take lots of pics especially on the first day ;) Look forward to you sharing your experience if you do a write up please take time out to copy it to HFY108/community workshops as well thanks. Best wishes for a successful seminar.
Thank you, I'm taking my digital camera and a camcorder. Sifu Freddie Gonzales (a student of Keith Mazza), want to set up a school there. I'm going to help him get started. I'll make sure to post videos clips of the seminar. It's going to be great for me because I speak Spanish and I love the music. I used to play Trumpet in Salsa bands in NYC. They're trying to get me to move there. ;)
PR

Phil Redmond
12-08-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm leaving early Thursday morning and will be back in 7 days. See you all later.
Phil

kj
12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Best of luck, Phil, and have fun.

I'd be interested to hear some about the ladies' progress or something of their own feedback afterwards if feasible.

Regards,
- kj

Phil Redmond
12-12-2004, 01:15 AM
KJ, I have the footage of the women's self defense seminar for you. I'll put it on the ftp addy I use.
BTW, it is BEAUTIFUL here in Puerto Rico. :)
Phil

MMaison
12-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
"There will be a number of woman the first day but men shouldn't feel intimidated and are welcome too."

A number of women, huh?

So Phil...if I show up sans my wife...are you suggesting that I could be looking for trouble?

No Victor, but like Ricky Ricardo used to say, "You'd have some 'splainin' to do."

rindge
12-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Phil, I hope oyu are enjoying the PR. Let me know next time you are in Toronto for a seminar. I just moved to Buffalo and Toronto is a short drive. I'd love to come up and meet you in person.

Thanks

Rindge

Phil Redmond
12-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by rindge
Phil, I hope oyu are enjoying the PR. Let me know next time you are in Toronto for a seminar. I just moved to Buffalo and Toronto is a short drive. I'd love to come up and meet you in person.
Thanks
Rindge
I got a call today from Detroit saying that there was 2 inches of snow. I just got back from training at Luquillo Beach. . .smile.
I should be in T.O. after New Year.
Phil

Phil Redmond
12-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Here's something for those in cold places.
Phil

kj
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Your cruel streak is showing, Phil. ;)

Regards,
- kj

Phil Redmond
12-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by kj
Your cruel streak is showing, Phil. ;)

Regards,
- kj
Don't worry KJ, karma will catch up to me when I get back to Detroit ;)
Phil