PDA

View Full Version : Now this is just out of hand...

tug
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Or more to the point - WTF?

As I have posted before (and promptly got jacked), Falun Gong has set up camp on Lexington Ave. between 59th and 60th, which is fine, plenty of space there. But as of 10 mins. ago, popped out for a smoke, and lo and behold, guess who is standing right outside the front door to the building I work in? You got it - Falun Gong.

Now, normally I wouldn't care, couldn't care less given what I have learned about the sect in recent weeks, but this situation is remarkably different. What I think they don't understand is that I work for the Lighthouse International -read- AN OUTREACH FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED!

You simply cannot have people with flyers, posters, and signs in front of this building. There are blind people here who do not need the extra stress of having to find their way to the entrance when it is already as difficult for them as it could possibly be.

Being a diplomatic sort, I tried to reason with them as politely as possible by asking them to take their fanaticism elsewhere, but to no avail. Yes, I understand compassion and deference to negativity, but they just did not seem to get it. Aside from testing their "iron chi gung" with my version of "tug-fist makes you finally understand", I am at a loss.

So, Juna, if there's any way to express the importance of "GETTING/BEING OUT OF THE WAY OF THE BLIND PEOPLE WHO COME TO THE LIGHTHOUSE FOR HELP BECAUSE THEY ARE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED AND CAN'T READ WHAT YOU ARE HANDING OUT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLIND AND CAN'T SEE YOU IN THE WAY BECAUSE THEY ARE BLIND", please advise.

BTW, this is absolutely NOT a rant about Falun itself, just trying to get some help for my people who have a lot more to worry about than what's going on on the other side of the world.

Also, sorry to sound so harsh, but, like I said, these are my people, this is what I do, and I am very passionate about assisting the handicapped in what ever way possible.

Thank you in advance,

Peace to you all.

tug
11-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Mr. Ching, maybe you have something to say on the matter?

Meat Shake
11-04-2004, 01:41 PM
"and I am very passionate about assisting the handicapped in what ever way possible."

If they follow falun gong then there is already an apparent mental handicap.

call the cops. Theres got to be loopholes about blocking up in front of a building of the sort that you work at. Normal buildings wouldnt matter... but in (Im assuming government run) handicap assistance buildings I really doubt they are allowed to cause a ruckus out front.... Sorry if Im not wording this well, Im barely awake....

tug
11-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Call the cops? I don't want to create an international incident. Anyway, my rant was pretty thin to begin with, and they've bugged off, so...

Meat Shake
11-04-2004, 01:51 PM
walk outside and start coughing on them and tell them you are very sick. Continue to apologize while following them around the sidewalk coughing on them.
That oughta work.

tug
11-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Heh. Must...try...not...to...AAACCHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Meat Shake
11-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes. Snotting on your own hand is gross, but getting snotted on by someone else on your neck or face is just flat out disgusting.
:D

Shaolinlueb
11-04-2004, 02:05 PM
ever think they are brail (sp?) flyers for classes? then its helping them right? :D

tug
11-04-2004, 02:15 PM
It's spelled Braille, but wha? Don't understand your question.

tug
11-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Ah, got it. Actually it would be very interesting if they started printing Braille flyers, but in their haste to kill millions of trees to get their message out, they forgot that some people can't see.

GeneChing
11-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Mr. Ching, maybe you have something to say on the matter? Well, it's a funny story. You'd think a group that preaches compassion would have a little more consideration for the visually impaired. Maybe they just can't see it.

red5angel
11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Maybe they just can't see it.

bwahahahahahahaa Gene is making fun of the visually impaired!!!!

tug
11-05-2004, 12:05 PM
I've heard them all...