PDA

View Full Version : Ban Kristoffer.

whippinghand
08-25-2001, 07:29 PM
Any thoughts?

kj
08-25-2001, 07:52 PM
Yes. My read ... you have a hearty sense of dry humor. ;)

Kristoffer
08-25-2001, 08:43 PM
I think "whacking Hand" makes strange posts.

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

Martial Joe
08-25-2001, 10:07 PM
Go for it...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

kj
08-25-2001, 10:49 PM
I don't think Whipping Hand's post really has anything to do with you, but rather some "funnin'" with the forum members because of the recent "ban Whipping Hand" discussion.

A bit of trivia I recently came upon, for whoever may be interested. Human communications is one of the most widely studied topics in history. Hundreds of years of studies have verified that for face-to-face communications of all types (personal conversations, business transactions, acting, etc.), there are highly consistent proportions of key elements involved in relaying the message. Statistical variations for context are minor. Typical percentages are:

7% Verbal (the actual words)
38% Vocal (pitch, tone, speed, volume, inflections, sound effects, etc.)
55% Physical (facial expressions, gestures, movement, position and proximity, etc.)

Face-to-face communications pose sufficient challenge for transmitting and receiving accurate messages. Anyone who has ever failed to get their message across, or has been misunderstood by someone will get my gist. Given that all messages are biased, based on our knowledge, experiences, perceptions, assumptions, and values, and that we're working with only about 7% of our send and receive resources, it is no wonder there is so much difficulty and misunderstanding on textual forums such as this. :eek:

In the absence of information, it is also human nature to fill in the blanks by "MSU'ing" (Making Stuff Up). Imagine the inaccuracy and additional false assumptions this introduces. :( Sometimes I find it a wonder that we are able to communicate sufficiently at all.

Is any of this relevant to Wing Chun? It is for anyone who is talking about it. ;) Furthermore, given all of this, imagine the dilemma of trying to transmit an understanding of something like Wing Chun through writing alone. :eek:

Anyhoo, my "theory" is that Whipping Hand has an abbreviated communications style, with smiley's and winky's omitted. Yes, I realize I am just MSU'ing on the benefit-of-doubt side. ;) But heck, once in awhile MSU'ing works. :D How'm I doing, Whipping Hand???

Back to Wing Chun now.
Regards,
- Kathy Jo

EmptyCup
08-26-2001, 05:48 AM
hahahahahahahahhahahhaha lololololololollllllllll

my, my, our friend Kristoffer sure has a sense of humour. Haha...but I think it should be "wacking hand"

Kristoffer
08-26-2001, 09:59 AM
oops, yea<h thats right... :rolleyes:

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"