PDA

View Full Version : Hello anyone have info on Quentin Fong of Tibet White Crane?

diego
11-02-2004, 08:21 PM
The KFO memeber Cerebus sent me a cool article on Mr. Fong from a 1973 inside kungfu magazine issue, and I'm trying to find out more info about the master hoping yall may know of some good weblinks?:) ran a google search and this is all i got: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22quentin+fong%22%2C+white+crane&btnG=Search&meta=

as you can see it's not much.
peace

GARRA DE TIGRE
11-03-2004, 05:08 AM
hello diego

i wanna ask you if is possible you send me that article to my email

southernshaolin@hotmail.com

you know very well how hard is find lama pai articles .

thank you and chat you soon

diego
11-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by GARRA DE TIGRE
hello diego

i wanna ask you if is possible you send me that article to my email

southernshaolin@hotmail.com

you know very well how hard is find lama pai articles .

thank you and chat you soon hey bud i will scan it but i have to use my moms scanner so it's all about a time issue...give me a week or two and it will be yours:)

GARRA DE TIGRE
11-05-2004, 04:53 AM
diego

thank you for take the time for do it . i 'd believed yuo recived the article by e mail . but i will wait with patience .

diego
11-05-2004, 07:07 PM
diego

thank you for take the time for do it . i 'd believed yuo recived the article by e mail . but i will wait with patience . patience sucks eh:) don't worry i will scan it very soon.peace

diego
11-05-2004, 07:10 PM
ohya back to the topic...in the Fong article from '73 he mentioned that he is going through a dillemma between maintaining the traditional curriculum of 15 years to master the art vs teaching it to modern day westerners etc...i'm curious to find out how Sifu Fong dealt with said dillemma...anyone know if his students have a website or???

cerebus
11-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Not sure which way Mr. Fong went, but I know the Hong Kong White Crane Athletic Federation under .... I forget the name, Tai Ngo I think, shortened the forms by removing some of the more repetitious movements.

diego
11-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by cerebus
Not sure which way Mr. Fong went, but I know the Hong Kong White Crane Athletic Federation under .... I forget the name, Tai Ngo I think, shortened the forms by removing some of the more repetitious movements. curious....you don't know of any websites promoting Sifu Fong eh Cerebus?...Is the Sifu still alive?:)

cerebus
11-05-2004, 10:15 PM
To be honest, it hadn't occured to me to look him up. I imagine he'd still be alive (barring accidents or whatnot).

Oh, I just remembered the correct name of the sifu I mentioned in my previous post. It was Ngai Yoh Tong of the Hong Kong WCAF. Not much out there on him though, that much I can confirm. ;)

CharlesDaCosta
11-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by diego
ohya back to the topic...in the Fong article from '73 he mentioned that he is going through a dillemma between maintaining the traditional curriculum of 15 years to master the art vs teaching it to modern day westerners etc...i'm curious to find out how Sifu Fong dealt with said dillemma...anyone know if his students have a website or???

I have had to deal with this same problem, to the extent that it has been frustrating tring to teach the forms so I made up a bunch of mini forms (at most 25 techniques), they seem to work better. I had to also stop with the 2 hours of basics and exercises.

---

I am woundering where you all located, CA, NYC, ...?

CharlesDaCosta
11-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey all,

I just reallized I should probly introduce my self. I begain training at Cornell University and during vacations on Canal St. in NYC. this was back in the early 80's.

Any of you guys from one of those groups?

diego
11-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by CharlesDaCosta
Hey all,

I just reallized I should probly introduce my self. I begain training at Cornell University and during vacations on Canal St. in NYC. this was back in the early 80's.

Any of you guys from one of those groups?

i just learned abit of hopga from my stepdad many moons ago, but welcome to the forum:)

diego
11-20-2004, 05:53 PM
diego

thank you for take the time for do it . i 'd believed yuo recived the article by e mail . but i will wait with patience .

hey bud, send me a pm with your email address, and i'll be sure to get that to you very soon...sorry for the delay:)

CharlesDaCosta
11-21-2004, 03:05 PM
hey bud, send me a pm with your email address, and i'll be sure to get that to you very soon...sorry for the delay:)

Me tooooo :D

diego
11-21-2004, 05:46 PM
anyone else:)

CharlesDaCosta
11-22-2004, 01:41 AM
The KFO memeber Cerebus sent me a cool article on Mr. Fong from a 1973 inside kungfu magazine issue, and I'm trying to find out more info about the master hoping yall may know of some good weblinks?:) ran a google search and this is all i got: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22quentin+fong%22%2C+white+crane&btnG=Search&meta=

as you can see it's not much.
peace

I think he has a nehpew in the US that does Chen Taichi (I think his name is Brian Fong). Try the Koshu or Nakmaf people.

diego
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by CharlesDaCosta
I think he has a nehpew in the US that does Chen Taichi (I think his name is Brian Fong). Try the Koshu or Nakmaf people.

do you mean NACMAF?

CharlesDaCosta
11-25-2004, 03:24 AM
do you mean NACMAF?

YES!