PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Ross

diego
11-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Got any info on this book and Sifu?

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/kungfu/lamasword.htm

SevenStar
11-02-2004, 10:11 PM
he posts on the main forum more than this one, so I'm gonna move it.

diego
11-02-2004, 10:24 PM
coolio.
have a good night:)

lkfmdc
11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Lo Wai Keung? good teacher, was HK based (still is?) and is student of Choy Yit Gung, famous Lama fighter. Lo Wai Keung wrote a book in Chinese, it's blue, which had first real history and theory of style in public.

This book, it's ok, but not great. Sword form is NOT lama, it's Wah San Pai, another system Sifu Lo studied. I guess calling it "lama" sounded better...

Also, he start off the form holding the sword scabbard, a pic later it's gone, magic?

2nd half of book has a short training exercise, but with very little explanation. If you are really into having stuff on the style, buy it. But don't expect much

diego
11-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
Lo Wai Keung? good teacher, was HK based (still is?) and is student of Choy Yit Gung, famous Lama fighter. Lo Wai Keung wrote a book in Chinese, it's blue, which had first real history and theory of style in public.

This book, it's ok, but not great. Sword form is NOT lama, it's Wah San Pai, another system Sifu Lo studied. I guess calling it "lama" sounded better...

Also, he start off the form holding the sword scabbard, a pic later it's gone, magic?

2nd half of book has a short training exercise, but with very little explanation. If you are really into having stuff on the style, buy it. But don't expect much cool, thanks for the quick reply and shakes head and lol's at it's not a lama set....:rolleyes: I have no words for that...is the short ex' lama at least?:D

least i got another name to find out more info on TLR...maybe i'll stumble on that chinese blue book.
peace

CharlesDaCosta
11-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by diego
Got any info on this book and Sifu?

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/kungfu/lamasword.htm

The group is call the "Secret sect style" It is another desendent of Lions Roar.

diego
11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by CharlesDaCosta
The group is call the "Secret sect style" It is another desendent of Lions Roar.

Do you happen to know the chinese name for "Seceret sect style" and have any more info on this sect?

"This book, it's ok, but not great. Sword form is NOT lama, it's Wah San Pai, another system Sifu Lo studied. I guess calling it "lama" sounded better..." qoute sifu ross

what is the english equivalent of Wah San Pai?...never heard of that style before:)

WanderingMonk
11-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Do you happen to know the chinese name for "Seceret sect style" and have any more info on this sect?

chinese for secret sect is probably: 密宗派

what is the english equivalent of Wah San Pai?...never heard of that style before:)

hua san pai, I don't know if there's an english equivalent. hua san is a mountain in china. It is like wudang mountain -> wu dang pai (wutang); o-mei mountain -> o-mei pai;

diego
11-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by WanderingMonk
chinese for secret sect is probably: 密宗派

hua san pai, I don't know if there's an english equivalent. hua san is a mountain in china. It is like wudang mountain -> wu dang pai (wutang); o-mei mountain -> o-mei pai;

interesting with the mountain referance...you lost me with the chinese charachters...how would it be pronounced in chinese is what i meant:)

TAO YIN
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Wu Da Hua Shan She translates as Five Big Flower Mountain Society... Basically, this means the society from the five big flower mountains. Perhaps Lions Roar is much ado about the way too. Very cool.

TAO YIN
11-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Sorry for the double post, I've no work.

Mi Mi She=Secret Society, also She Bao Mi, Society that keeps secrets...There is also a dozen slangs for such phrases in practically every province of China. These are the two basic sayings from the regular Pu Tong Hwa, "Mandos," but I think there are some more ways people say this phrase in Mandarin too.

diego
11-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by TAO YIN
Wu Da Hua Shan She translates as Five Big Flower Mountain Society... Basically, this means the society from the five big flower mountains. Perhaps Lions Roar is much ado about the way too. Very cool. Wah San Pai/Wu Da Hua Shan She
is that the same thing or?:)

WanderingMonk
11-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Wah San Pai/Wu Da Hua Shan She
is that the same thing or?:)

I don't think so.

omarthefish
11-25-2004, 03:03 AM
interesting with the mountain referance...you lost me with the chinese charachters...how would it be pronounced in chinese is what i meant:)

Mizong Pai.

Edit: If that's it then it co-incidentally ****nyminous with the style of Huo Dian, founder of Jing Wu. Or....maybe it has been translated more than once and there was a mistake..like the game telephone:

迷踪派---〉Mizong Pai ---> 密宗派 ---> Mizong Pai.

It's happened before.

CharlesDaCosta
11-25-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by TAO YIN
Wu Da Hua Shan She translates as Five Big Flower Mountain Society... Basically, this means the society from the five big flower mountains. Perhaps Lions Roar is much ado about the way too. Very cool.

What you all need to understand is the name "Secret Sect" was taken from Tantric Buddhism. Tantric Buddhism is the actual Secret Sect. A secret sect of buddhism.

They consider the name to be more accurate then the ones that others use: e.g., Tibetan Kung fu, Tibetan white crane, Lama style, ....

And because they considered Hop as only one branch in the system they did not want his name either (i.e., Hop Gar).

AND Yes {again this is usually persud by the chinese only} it did have much ... concerning the Way, or shall I say "ways".

diego
11-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Thank you for the translation info all that posted:)