Shaolinlueb
11-04-2004, 09:00 AM
it is.

red5angel
11-04-2004, 09:07 AM
has to be.

SevenStar
11-04-2004, 11:07 AM
I feel so violated... I was walking to class that day - didn't think anyone was snapping pics of me. I feel like that fat kid with the lightsaber now...

Eddie
11-04-2004, 11:30 AM
You mean seven star is black???

Eddie
11-04-2004, 11:31 AM
:cool: :rolleyes:

IronFist
11-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
I feel so violated... I was walking to class that day - didn't think anyone was snapping pics of me. I feel like that fat kid with the lightsaber now...

No dude, you got photochopped from a still pic. You should feel like that fat Japanese kid. Do you know who I'm talking about? I'll try to find a link.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-05-2004, 12:04 AM
sin city ****in rocked.

IronFist
11-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Here's the fat Japanese kid I was talking about (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fatasiankid.html).

Poor kid.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey GDA, have you seen this:

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/SinCity/trailer.php

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-05-2004, 02:51 PM
no i haven't.

aside from the fact that i speant a good 3 minutes looking for the trailer when it clearly said "no trailer yet" that's ****in awesome.

sure can't go wrong with mike duncan and there are plenty of hotties in there too.

did you know preacher is in the works too?

red5angel
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
weird, my search for the trailer comes up nil, my search fu is sucking. someone on this board I think posted a link though, it looks cool as hell.

The Preacher would be awesome! I'm just waiting for them to decide to do another Punisher!

They have a ton of superhero flicks coming up in the next two years. We checked out the list on apple.com and there were roughly 15, most of them marvel

red5angel
11-05-2004, 03:01 PM
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=sincity

That was the original link, apparently the trailer has been removed from every website it was on. It was pretty cool though, mostly in black and white, except a few shots. I think it might do Frank Miller proud.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Turns out the second hellboy is in the works too. I never really got into the comic but liked the movie enough to see a second one.

SifuAbel
11-05-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't know if that him or not. Especially since I've never seen him before. Duh!!!

Either way the clip was awesome, and somebody has WAY too much talent and time on their hands to waste.

FatherDog
11-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=sincity

That was the original link, apparently the trailer has been removed from every website it was on. It was pretty cool though, mostly in black and white, except a few shots. I think it might do Frank Miller proud.

It ought to, given that he's co-directing it.

Anyway, the Preacher movie has been shelved, and rightly so - it'd make a lousy movie, 'cos it's too **** long. You might be able to do it as an HBO mini-series.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 03:28 PM
It ought to, given that he's co-directing it.

I should have said, Frank Millers fans proud. Plenty of books/comics to movie co-written by the original artist have turned out lousy according to the fans. I think in this case it's going to be a pleaser, Only time will tell.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-05-2004, 05:20 PM
i was wodering about that fatherdog. i hadn't heard much in a while, and i kinda figured that would happen.

i hear what your saying about the length of it, but i thought they were going to do a trilogy. i'd like to see it, but then again i'd rather not see it ruined.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
I don't see why they couldn't do it in a series. I sort of look at the latest version of the Punisher. One movie isn't enough, you'd have to do more movies to give the character justice.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-05-2004, 06:16 PM
plus think about where shock value is going these days.

preacher could do very well.

FatherDog
11-05-2004, 06:49 PM
We're not talking about Lord of the Rings, here. Preacher is twelve books. There's some minor subplots you can do away with, but even cutting it down to three movies would butcher a good amount of it, I think.

Like I said, HBO miniseries would be the way to go, if you wanted to do Preacher.I could see that going quite well, actually - put it on after the Sopranos or Oz; it would probably play pretty well with the main demographics of both shows.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm leery of anything tv based, cable or not. I don't think they'd do a good enough job because the budget just wouldn't be there. It's possible I suppose in this day and age to do something worthy, I'd be skeptical till I saw it anyway. Some things are just hard to do justice to.

FatherDog
11-05-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm leery of anything tv based, cable or not. I don't think they'd do a good enough job because the budget just wouldn't be there.

Dude, watch some of the HBO miniseries sometime. They plow a lot of budget into some of their productions.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:02 PM
we don't have cable. Although, wasnt band of brothers HBO?

FatherDog
11-05-2004, 11:23 PM
we don't have cable. Although, wasnt band of brothers HBO?

Yep.

Chang Style Novice
11-06-2004, 10:09 AM
The Wire ownzors The Sopranos And I fu(kin' LOVE The Sopranos.

Anyway, I've weighed in on Sin City before, so I'll keep it fast - the only really good thing about the comic is the art. Frank Miller is a generally lousy writer with a few high moments (the Dark Knight returns, early Daredevil.)

I only read the first 1/3 or so of Preacher but I can see some merit to FDs maxi-miniseries suggestion, especially if the supernatural stuff is kept subtle - think the way vamps were handled in Near Dark (which I'm pretty sure was a big inspiration for whatsisname the writer anyhow.

Also, I can't see the movie of 7*, which makes me sad.

Chang Style Novice
11-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Okily dokily, I finally made it play. 7*, U R teh AWESOME!!!!1!

David Jamieson
11-07-2004, 10:11 AM
csn what did you use to view that avi file? I couldn't use any conventional players at all including div x? wtf is up with that I wondered.

FatherDog
11-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
csn what did you use to view that avi file? I couldn't use any conventional players at all including div x? wtf is up with that I wondered.

Plays fine for me on Mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/), but I'm a commie Linux user.