PDA

View Full Version : But it's only a ring sport

Water Dragon
11-04-2004, 10:06 AM
It would never work on the street. It would never work against multiple opponents. What if they have a weapon. It's only good for the ring.

Nasty surprise for robbers BY R.S.N. MURALI
SEREMBAN: Four armed robbers fled for their lives when they inadvertently broke into the home of a Muay Thai (Thai kickboxing) coach at Taman Bukit Intan here.

The 28-year-old Muay Thai coach John Yong fought off the four Indonesian robbers when they broke into his home at 2.30am yesterday.

Yong, who was woken up by the screams of his 52-year-old mother, rushed to her aid and saw that two of the robbers were busy tying up her hands while the rest were ransacking her room.

Yong immediately went for them.

He kicked the two robbers who were busy tying up his mother.

They fell to the ground but the other two robbers retaliated by slashing Yong’s right arm and chin with a meat cleaver. He also sustained a shoulder wound after being stabbed with a screwdriver.

Undeterred, Yong continued attacking the robbers, injuring them all.

Realising that they were unable to take on the martial arts exponent, the four fled with only a mobile phone.

Yong’s family members rushed him to a private hospital here for treatment.

When met at the hospital, Yong said he wanted to teach the robbers a lesson as he was infuriated with the way they had treated his mother.

“Luckily, my eight years' experience in boxing came in handy,” he said.

Yong said he fought with all his might against the four robbers, adding: “At one point, I felt like the silver screen hero, Jackie Chan, when I took on the four.”

OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Abdullah said police had launched a manhunt for the robbers.

RECOVERING: Yong being treated at the Seremban hospital Thursday. He is thankful that his eight years experience in boxing has stood him in good stead.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/10/1/nation/9023628&sec=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

red5angel
11-04-2004, 10:11 AM
your mom's a ring sport. I hear she's especially popular in indonesia.....

Water Dragon
11-04-2004, 10:15 AM
That's it. I'm telling on you.

red5angel
11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Dam you!! Now I'll be banned temproarily and you'll make fun of me when I'm gone!!!!!

MasterKiller
11-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Maybe they wouldn't have gotten away if he practiced more deadly techniques.

:eek:

red5angel
11-04-2004, 10:28 AM
or if he was training not to fight......

Kristoffer
11-04-2004, 11:26 AM
reminds me of that Doctor Kung Fu who stabbed some dudes in his house

Royal Dragon
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
8 year MT, and they got up enough to run away??

FuXnDajenariht
11-04-2004, 11:55 AM
mmmkay...you take on 4 guys with meat cleavers and shanks.... ;)

Royal Dragon
11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Ever been kicked by one of those guys? Not many would be able to get up after a good shot to the thigh, or knee.

emre
11-04-2004, 12:20 PM
You mean he defeated multiple attackers and the fight didn't go to the ground?

I thought MMA proponents had established that this was impossible, this news must be fake. ;)

Kristoffer
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
Ever been kicked by one of those guys? Not many would be able to get up after a good shot to the thigh, or knee.

people have been shot withouth noticing it. I'm sure there's all kinds of different adrenaline that play a part in this

Shaolinlueb
11-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by emre

I thought MMA proponents had established that this was impossible, this news must be fake. ;)

LMAO oh man :D

red5angel
11-05-2004, 09:07 AM

LOL! I don't by that bull. Most fights I've witnessed, participated in and seen through various media have not gone to the ground. From time to time people will end up grappling some and a good portion of those are still on their feet. Some guys will get knocked down, but more often then not their assailant then proceeds to kick at them or lean over and hit them.

Most fights go to the gorund is just propoganda from the reality fighting/grappling machine. Much like striking arts claiming to teach you to kill with a single strike.

Reggie1
11-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Most fights I've witnessed, participated in and seen through various media have not gone to the ground

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much the same thing for me. Back in my younger days, my friends and I got involved in a lot of bar fights. Most of the guys in my group were sluggers, so we didn't have a lot go to the ground. Most of the time when it did, the guy taking it there was just trying not to get hit any more, and ended up taking more punishment while trying to get it on the ground.

But those guys obviously weren't experienced grapplers, either.