unixfudotnet
11-04-2004, 02:08 PM
http://unixfu.net/starwars3trailer.mov

red5angel
11-04-2004, 02:16 PM
fukking awesome

Meat Shake
11-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Yeah, jim rome had a field day with that one yesterday. Hillarious.
Some geeks were paying the 8$ to see a movie just so they could see the trailer, then leaving.
Bahahaha.... Geeks. When will they learn that trekkies always beat warsies?
:rolleyes:

Shaolinlueb
11-04-2004, 02:28 PM
exactly what red said.

red5angel
11-04-2004, 02:36 PM
I heard that about the last two movies too, guys lining up to get into other movies to see the first preview....I won't go that far but for nostalgia sake I might get in line the day it opens.

Meat Shake
11-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Ill be the guy in the chewbacca mask and t-shirt that says "I did princess leia and all I got was this stupid case of genital herpes".

Shaolinlueb
11-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
Ill be the guy in the chewbacca mask and t-shirt that says "I did princess leia and all I got was this stupid case of genital herpes".

I almost spit water out of my nsoe all voer my keyboard from laughing so hard form reading that.

PHILBERT
11-04-2004, 04:16 PM
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=starwars3

I think watching that was better than sex. So lemme watch it again.

joedoe
11-04-2004, 04:19 PM
I must say it has got me excited about seeing the next one. It shows promise that Lucas may have gotten his head out of his ass for the final movie :)

Ming Yue
11-05-2004, 08:54 AM
wandered onto your site Unix....

I need some help with a PHP script for ecards on my website, check your PMs....

:)
C

sean_stonehart
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Holy Crap!! That looks way too cool for Lucas to be at the helm of!!

red5angel
11-05-2004, 09:41 AM
odd how quickly people forget that Lucas wrote and directed the first three films, as well as the Indiana Jones series.....

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
odd how quickly people forget that Lucas wrote and directed the first three films No he didn't. Lawrence Kasdan wrote ESB and ROTJ. Irvin Kershner directed ESB. Richard Marquand directed ROTJ.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm sure you're used to this by now, but it looks to me like everything 1/2 decent in there came from the original movie.

I miss Alec Guinness. How long will it be before Lucas remakes the original digitally replacing him with MacGregor?

red5angel
11-05-2004, 09:54 AM
No he didn't. Lawrence Kasdan wrote ESB and ROTJ. Irvin Kershner directed ESB. Richard Marquand directed ROTJ.

As usual MK you're only partially right but take it way out of context or proportion......

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Red, don't be assinine. MK got a 6 out of 6 questions correct. you got 2 out of 6.

To review, your score on this test is 33% - a miserable F

His is 100%, a perfect Ace.

And what "Context" are you babbling about? The only applicable context here is the facts, and he knows them, and you don't (or were lying.)

I've tried to stay out of your feud, but I hate to see the truth p!ssed on like this.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
As usual MK you're only partially right but take it way out of context or proportion...... No, I'm 100% right. Lucas developed the "story." Kasdan is credited with the scripts. In fact, Kasdan was the second writer on ESB. Originally, it was given to Leigh Brackett, but Lucas rejected the script and then Brackett died so he gave it to Kasdan.

Like usual, you just can't admit you were wrong.

In fact, you are wrong about the Indiana Jones series, too. But it's not my forte, so I left it alone.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Ah, I see you've got this one, MK. Sorry to step on your toes.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:11 AM
CSN,
Feel free to ridicule Red5 all you want. Lord knows he brings it on himself.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:12 AM
thats right guys, Lucas had nothing to do with the writing, directing or production of any ESB or ROTJ :rolleyes: Boy, what was I thinking....

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:14 AM
hell, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure Lucas hasn't even see an other star wars movie, much less bothered to help create write, direct and produce them.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:17 AM
thats right guys, Lucas had nothing to do with the writing, directing or production of any ESB or ROTJ :rolleyes: Boy, what was I thinking.... Take the production out, and you're almost there. Really, the making of these films is well documented, and everyone knows about the fights Kershner and Marquand had with Lucas when he tried to stupid things up. Lucas was the Producer and came up with the basic plot points which the writers were given to guide the scripts.

And Kasdan's ESB script is about as tight as they come. No room for changes. It is almost word-for-word, scene-for-scene EXACTLY how ESB came out. Except for a few improvisations by Harrison Ford, of course...most notably, the "I love you" / "I know" exchange between Leia and Solo.

At any rate, you were wrong Red5. Completely.

unixfudotnet
11-05-2004, 10:18 AM
I wonder how lightsabers would change martial arts?

The ability to cut thru bone without much effort other than the flick of the wrist like you were batting away a fly... would be cool to see, though hard to practice i would image, versus how we practice with weapons today (like even being able to have the weapon touch another part of our body other than our hands, such as the forearm).

Wonder if any Starwars + Kungfu geeks have developed a form or two for that :D Seems to me that the whole idea of fighting with a lightsaber is much different from traditional sword fighting, yet the physics are basically the same I suppose.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
no I agree, I'm pretty sure Lucas didn't even know there were more then one episode of Star Wars ever. I remember an interview where they sort of sprung it on him, like "Hey george, how do you like those movies that followed star wars?" and he was like "What the hell are you talking about?"

MasterKiller
Originally posted by unixfudotnet
Wonder if any Starwars + Kungfu geeks have developed a form or two for that :D Seems to me that the whole idea of fighting with a lightsaber is much different from traditional sword fighting, yet the physics are basically the same I suppose. Lightsaber blades are weightless; therefore, the physics are not the same.

Red5, keep it up. The tardness is strong in you.

unixfudotnet
Can we please stop the fighting on who did what on what starwars movie. It is documented on the web in many places, do a google search... basing an argument on a bunch of "I think"s is no way to debate anything. I would hate to see this go one for 3452345 pages when it could be stopped right now by doing a google search...

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
don't worry, we know that Lucas came up with the idea for star wars but everyone else wrote, directed and produced it. He didn't even know the other movies were made until years later when some guy started making episode I.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Can we please stop the fighting on who did what on what starwars movie. We? Did you invite yourself into this argument?

It is documented on the web in many places, do a google search... basing an argument on a bunch of "I think"s is no way to debate anything. That's my point.

unixfudotnet
11-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Lightsaber blades are weightless; therefore, the physics are not the same.

Come on bro, I wrote it to try to get a conversation started on the idea of kungfu + lightsabers, not an argument on exact everything. I meant the physics of attacking and blocking, of course light has no weight, and you could not use that in techniques. You still can block another lightsaber with a lightsaber, and the physics of that is similar to swords and sticks :)

No need to get all angry, chill out man :)

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
of course light has no weight

it's probably more like magnetically bottled plasma then light....

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:34 AM
It's an energy beam....

Lightsabers have changed little in the thousands of years of their employ by the Jedi Knights. Those who believe the Jedi order began on the ancient world of Ossus point to the abundance of Adegan crystals in the system as proof. These crystals are ideal for the creation of lightsabers, as they focus the energy released from a saber's power cell into the tight, blade-like beam. Early lightsabers did not have self-contained power cells, and were instead connected by a conducting cable to a belt-worn power pack.

Once unleashed, the power channels through a positively charged continuous energy lens at the center of the handle. The beam then arcs circumferentially back to a negatively charged high energy flux aperture. A superconductor transfers the power from the flux aperture to the power cell. As a result, a lightsaber only expends power when its blade cuts through something. So efficient is the blade, that it does not radiate heat unless it comes into contact with something.

The blade's color depends on the nature of the jewel it springs from, and while its length is fixed in the case of a single-jewel lightsaber, lightsabers equipped with multiple crystals can have their length varied by rotating a knob that allows the focusing crystal activator to subtly modify the refraction pattern between the gems.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:37 AM
that's what I said.

unixfudotnet
11-05-2004, 10:41 AM
I want one :)

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:42 AM
I want one :) http://www.parksabers.com/

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow! Do they use real Ossian gems? Those are hard to find!

:rolleyes:

red5angel
11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

unixfudotnet
11-05-2004, 10:51 AM
http://www.parksabers.com/

Cool, I wish it could just shoot a solid fixed length beam of light instead, that would be neat... though I think I would be heading to the dark side of the force of geekdom like this couple: http://www.parksabers.com/images2004/customers/Con_2002_21.jpg

MK, your google-fu style is strong. <dub>you killed my father, prepare to die</dub>

The Willow Sword
11-05-2004, 10:55 AM
WOOKIES WOOKIES WOOKIES

GOT ME HOOKED. AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE THE MILLENIUM FALCON'S CONCEPTION.

1st amendment/peace,,all my best,,TWS

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by The Willow Sword
WOOKIES WOOKIES WOOKIES

GOT ME HOOKED. AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE THE MILLENIUM FALCON'S CONCEPTION. The Falcon is just a Corellian freighter. There were 3 of them in AOTC.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 10:59 AM
<dub>you killed my father, prepare to die</dub> No....I am your father.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 11:02 AM
What can I say? I just think paying that much for a doofy-looking scince fiction prop is ridiculous. It's like a Han Solo iron-on t-shirt patch that could be a car payment.

And frankly I find the obsession with the fictional history and science pretty absurd, too. It's intellectual energy that would be a lot better spent learning real history and science.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
And frankly I find the obsession with the fictional history and science pretty absurd, too. It's intellectual energy that would be a lot better spent learning real history and science. Why don't you sponsor a constitutional amendment to stop me, then, Nazi! ;)

red5angel
11-05-2004, 11:06 AM
And frankly I find the obsession with the fictional history and science pretty absurd, too. It's intellectual energy that would be a lot better spent learning real history and science.

It's a circular effect. You have a hard time stepping away from reality for a while and enjoying yourself, and so your mind can't open to the possiblity that discussing fictional or non-reality based subjects can be entertaining and worthwhile. I'm certainly not going to knock that source of creativity.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Red, man, I AM an artist. My whole life consists of creating stuff that never was. I consider Harry Darger (look him up) a personal hero for his singlemindedness and dedication - not mental health, though.

You make this stuff because you might use it. But when people outside the cretive process start obsessing over this kind of minute detail and background, it becomes kind of scary.

no offense meant, MK.

Ming Yue
11-05-2004, 11:17 AM
that was the "vivian girls" artist, wasn't it?

I read that he cursed his own work - literally - didn't want anyone to own it...

red5angel
11-05-2004, 11:18 AM
I agree it can be scary, when they start to replace their fantasies with realities, but having a discussion form time to time on things that don't exist or only exist in fantasy land never really hurts anyone or anything. As an artist you should be able to appreciate the ability of some to push their minds beyond that proverbial box. As kids we spend a lot of time doing it, unfortunately some people grow up thinking that at some point that creativity has to go away, that is' now time to grow up.
I've actually found that alot of the types of people who like to sit around and discuss these sorts of things have healthy interests in the world as it truly exists as well. I have a pretty strong passion for certain aspects fo history, I'd have to say most of my freinds do to. My guess is MK has his own interests in the real world. But sometimes you just have to play, even if it's just a mental game.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah, Ming, that's him. What a freakshow!

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
You make this stuff because you might use it. But when people outside the cretive process start obsessing over this kind of minute detail and background, it becomes kind of scary.

no offense meant, MK. No offense taken. It's just a hobby. No worse than reading comics...

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 11:25 AM
MK has demonstrated an encyclopedic knowledge of College and Pro football, and is obviously very well informed about a great deal else, including CMA. I'm not really worried about him.

I just wonder what he gets out of knowing how lightsabers work and were invented.

Then again, I know way more about the Federation Cardassian war and how it relates to the Bajoran Occupation than anyone needs to, so I realize I'm not exactly talking from a position of moral superiority

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 11:33 AM
MK has demonstrated an encyclopedic knowledge of College and Pro football, and is obviously very well informed about a great deal else, including CMA. I'm not really worried about him. You're just saying that because you want to play with my mint 1978 deathstar playset.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 11:34 AM
If I was still 11, that might be true.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 11:42 AM
You can play cool now, but once you find out I have all the foam for the trash compactor and the rope for Luke to swing across the retractable bridge, you'll be all giddy and stuff.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Oh is THAT what you mean by mint? I was just holding out for butterscotch.

Ray Pina
11-05-2004, 12:03 PM
I wish I still had my original Star Wars stuff, or at least the original X-Wing, Walker, Luke, Vader and Yoda.

I pretty much had all of it being I was like 4 when the first movie came out. Remember the Vadar head carrying case?

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Remember the Vadar head carrying case?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3308001

unixfudotnet
11-05-2004, 12:21 PM
No....I am your father.

Awesome response, you rock ;)

Shaolinlueb
11-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Lightsaber blades are weightless; therefore, the physics are not the same.

Red5, keep it up. The tardness is strong in you.

THEN WHY HOLD IT WITH TWO HANDS!! THATS FRICKING LAME! ITS LIKE HOLDING A DAGGER WITH 2 HANDS!!!!!

anyways on a side note, was that the emporer in the trailer with the red light saber and messe dup teeth?

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
THEN WHY HOLD IT WITH TWO HANDS!! THATS FRICKING LAME! ITS LIKE HOLDING A DAGGER WITH 2 HANDS!!!!! You hold it with 2 hands to keep it from getting knocked out of your hand. Just because the blade is weightless doesn't mean there is no force behind the swing. Besides, Dooku and Vader both fight one-handed.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2004, 12:35 PM
f=m x a

if m is 0 then f is 0 too.

Try again.

(Oh, no! I've been infected!)

Shaolinlueb
11-05-2004, 12:35 PM
You hold it with 2 hands to keep it from getting knocked out of your hand. Just because the blade is weightless doesn't mean there is no force behind the swing. Besides, Dooku and Vader both fight one-handed.

so whos the crazy dude in the trailer with the red light saber, the emperor? if it is, thats mad cool.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 12:38 PM
CSN,
The guy swinging the saber generates the Force. His arm is the mass. Vader consistently knocks Luke down with the force of his blows.

Lueb,
Yeah, that's Palpatine. He uses this funny little saber. It's smaller than most. He defeats Yoda in a duel.

Ming Yue
11-05-2004, 12:46 PM
f=m x a

Try again.

(Oh, no! I've been infected!)

that's all well and good, but you can't apply real world physics to fictional matter. The saber could generate mass when in motion, or something. yea.

Ray Pina
11-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks MK. Does Walkmart stock original figures? I'd like to pick up those few. And if I did, I'd get the case. What about the X-Wing?

As for the light saber, I'd hold it with two hands for the same reason I'd hold a katana or any two handed sword with two hands: the added leverage. The wedging power associated with two arms thrusting or pushing, the cutting power of two arms pulling, like an ax.

I know there is a lot of people who claim a single hand sword is better, but fencers are not allowed to cut the foil, cut the incoming lunge, it's illegal. A two handed sword, cuts it down and away (slightly) and continous on in.

MasterKiller
11-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by EvolutionFist
Thanks MK. Does Walkmart stock original figures? I'd like to pick up those few. And if I did, I'd get the case. What about the X-Wing? Original figures can be found on Ebay. They sell the new version of the originals, but it's just not quite the same thing. Sometimes, you can get lucky here:

http://www.kandccollectibles.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?product=vintage-loose-sw

As for the new version of the X-Wing, it is a Toys R Us exclusive:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000231FVS/qid=1099684925/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/102-3936431-8566561

red5angel
11-05-2004, 01:28 PM
as MK says that is palpie keepin' it real. I was actually hoping that they wouldn't bother giving him a lightsaber but keep his style of fighting somewhat original and lightsaberless.

as for orginal collections, I think my wife and I figured out two years ago that I have about 4 grand worth of original star wars stuff packed away. Not collecting much of the new stuff anymore really.

Reggie1
11-05-2004, 02:02 PM
f=m x a

The handle has mass, too.

red5angel
11-05-2004, 02:20 PM
There were a couple of fighting styles the choreography was modeled after, including some made up stuff. Fencing and the use of the katana were some of the primary skill sets. If you watch, it's common for just about everyone except maybe Darth Vader to use their blade one and two handed.