PDA

View Full Version : Re: SevenStar

Mika
11-10-2004, 01:11 AM
[I sent you this as a PM while you were online. Maybe you were busy or didn't know who locked the thread, but I got to thinking after sending the PM that matters of questionable censorship should be discussed in public rather than through PMs].

Hello!

I just wanted to ask you if it was you who closed the thread "IQ and Race" and if so, why?

The thread was not necessarily going anywhere, but it wasn't a flame thread, either. Going off-topic is no excuse either (about dog testing) as that happens in just about every thread on every forum on the net if there are more than, say, 15 messages in that thread.

Pre-emptive I will not take as an answer. No one can predict anything, not to that degree, and in this case, not even a hint of anything hitting the fan was there.

Looking forward to the reply. And if it wasn't you, I would like to know who it was then.

Thank you :)

Mika

FuXnDajenariht
11-10-2004, 03:11 PM
yea and i was having a good convo about medieval torture methods....whats the deal!? hmmm?! i want sum answers :p

SevenStar
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
I posted a thread here telling you to clean your inbox, but since you missed it, I'll post my reply here...

SevenStar
11-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Re: A question

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to ask you if it was you who closed the thread "IQ and Race" and if so, why?

I have no clue who did it.

The thread was not necessarily going anywhere, but it wasn't a flame thread, either. Going off-topic is no excuse either (about dog testing) as that happens in just about every thread on every forum on the net if there are more than, say, 15 messages in that thread.

technically, it is an excuse. We moderate the forums as we see fit. The main forum tends to be a catch all since there is no general forum, so we do tend do let the discussion stray. On the mantis forum though, for example, if you stay off topic, they will lock it. On my other forum - the southern forum - most of the topics stay on track, so there's really no need for such micromanagement.

continued...

SevenStar
11-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Re: A question

Pre-emptive I will not take as an answer. No one can predict anything, not to that degree, and in this case, not even a hint of anything hitting the fan was there.

Once again, pre-emptive is enough, as moderators mod as they see fit. As I stated in the second post - I was on standby. And after I said it, abel and others said to go ahead and lock it before it was too late. Apparently one of the mods shared the same sentiment.

Mika
11-10-2004, 03:56 PM
I trust a man's word. If you say you didn't do it, I believe you. But I do want to know who did it and why.

Abel was the only one suggesting to lock it. That was message number 3 or something. There were plenty of posts after that, all more or less business and no flame posts, so Abel's post is not even a poor excuse.

I won't speculate anything. I just want some answers. I am calling the mod out to explain himself. It's not a big deal, but this is a huge matter of principle. I still fukking hate the PMRC. This falls under the very same category.

Unless there is a good reason, in which case I admit am wrong. But "maybe someone's feelings might be hurt" or any other nonsense like that will not be taken into consideration. Logical, solid reasons, thank you.

Yeah, Praying Mantis forum is different, but then, it has to be, for two reasons. This here forum is more open in many ways and the topics vary widely, so some leeway must be given. There are certain folks at the PM forum who do nothing but cause trouble, so the line must be clear.

Cheers :)

Mika

rubthebuddha
11-10-2004, 07:48 PM
wasn't me either, as i rarely lock a thread. as mk, serpie, red5 and the other hosers know, i'm all about the wholesale baletion (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail50.html) of threads. it coulda been a few other folks, but i gots no idea. for the sake of the forum, i'll just blame it on chang style.

Starchaser107
11-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen with the Knife

Serpent
11-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
wasn't me either, as i rarely lock a thread. as mk, serpie, red5 and the other hosers know, i'm all about the wholesale baletion (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail50.html) of threads. it coulda been a few other folks, but i gots no idea. for the sake of the forum, i'll just blame it on chang style.
Who you calling a hoser, you....

...hoser!?

:mad:

rubthebuddha
11-10-2004, 11:12 PM
i lived 25 miles away from the canadian border for almost eight years, so i'm quite skilled at recognizing hosers. that said, you, my retarded serpent, are a complete hoser.

Serpent
11-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Man, just how dumb would a retarded serpent be!? :eek:

Anyway, go rub your buddha or something.

rubthebuddha
11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
can't -- i've been chafing lately. :o

oh, wait, you mean my abdomen? :confused:

Serpent
11-10-2004, 11:27 PM
No, you know exactly what I mean.

rubthebuddha
11-10-2004, 11:35 PM
if you say so. (http://www.thetick.ws/wavs/spoon.wav)
apologies to mika for hijacking his thread, (http://www.thetick.ws/videos/Susan.mov) but i figured that doing so was moderately on topic, particulary considering that the guilty party seems hesitant to fess up.

here (http://www.thetick.ws/carsound.htm) is the source of all my happy links. enjoy. :)

Mika
11-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Hijack away, I don't care...:D

But we only have two people left, right? Gene and RENEGADE MONK. The latter I can't even recall, really, sorry...:o
The former, nah, I doubt that. Gene seems way too relaxed and laid back to have his panties in a wad like that. But what do I know?

Unless someone already lied...or unless there are more people who could have done it?

At any rate, the mod should be man enough to step out and then have enough respect for me and all the users here to explain why he locked that thread. That's all I want.

If that doesn't happen for some reason, I will start a similar thread soon. If that does happen, I might never start a similar thread (although it had a legit purpose). But sooner or later I will invite people to talk about sociobiology, the real stuff, not pseudo science like the study behind the link in that thread.

Anywho, waiting for the mod to take a stand.

Cheers :)

Mika

scotty1
11-11-2004, 02:44 AM
*looks at watch*

Ming Yue
11-11-2004, 05:29 AM
What's the point? When the mod fesses up you get to write a scathing paragraph about the merits of your thread?

It's their house, you're just crashing on the textual sofa. They can shut off any conversation at any time for any reason and don't have to account to you, logically or otherwise.

I suspect many other people at KFM have the access and ability to delete threads on this forum other than just those whose names you can find.

-C

Mika
11-11-2004, 12:36 PM
My friend, as I said, it's no big deal, but it is a matter of principle to me. I saw absolutely no reason for that thread to be locked, so I want to know why someone did it. I don't even care who, really, just want to know why. Because no one has said anything, I must assume the person who locked it feels he doesn't really have a solid reason.

And what the heck are you worried about? Feel better now, got a load off?

It's their house...Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? Of course it's true, but aren't there some limits? And when was the last time they locked a thread for no reason? Maybe there was a time, but I don't recall it. They usually lock thread for a very good reason.

They don't have account to me, ha? Sure, that's right, like you don't have to write to this thread and like I don't have to reply to you. But we did.

It's a matter of respect. If you don't see that, dude, I feel for you.

If someone sucker-punched you (this is a lot smaller than that, just making a point), wouldn't you wanna know why? Of course you would.

You make a good point about there possibly being more people who could do that. That worries me, though...

Mika

SevenStar
11-12-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Mika
Hijack away, I don't care...:D

But we only have two people left, right? Gene and RENEGADE MONK. The latter I can't even recall, really, sorry...:o
The former, nah, I doubt that. Gene seems way too relaxed and laid back to have his panties in a wad like that. But what do I know?

Unless someone already lied...or unless there are more people who could have done it?

there is at least one other person who could have that I know of AND renegade comes around quite a bit - he lurks more than he posts. Gene is tolerant of most things, but there are several things that he won't. In any event, somebody had their reasons for doing it.

any rate, the mod should be man enough to step out and then have enough respect for me and all the users here to explain why he locked that thread. That's all I want.

It's the internet - I don't think being "man enough to step out" would be an issue at all. Chances are, the one that did it either hasn't seen this thread or just doesn't feel any need to explain himself - he moderated.

Mika
11-13-2004, 06:04 AM
"It's the internet - I don't think being "man enough to step out" would be an issue at all. Chances are, the one that did it either hasn't seen this thread or just doesn't feel any need to explain himself - he moderated."

LOL...:D

You DO realize how fukin pathetic that sounds, right? Man, f.uck that ****....

Whatever, someone was too too fukin scared of the topic or something (poor stupid sum***** should leave the church and start thinking for himself)).

"He moderated, didn't feel any need any need to explain himself"....you have NO idea how funny and naive that is...:D

I will change my style on this board just because of this moronic incident. You guys have more than deserved that! :)

Mika

RENEGADE_MONK
11-13-2004, 04:04 PM
It's the internet - I don't think being "man enough to step out" would be an issue at all. Chances are, the one that did it either hasn't seen this thread or just doesn't feel any need to explain himself - he moderated.

And it wasn't me that closed the thread, if it has you that upset try sending Gene an email:cool:

SevenStar
11-13-2004, 06:01 PM

You DO realize how fukin pathetic that sounds, right? Man, f.uck that ****....

actually, no.

Whatever, someone was too too fukin scared of the topic or something (poor stupid sum***** should leave the church and start thinking for himself)).

"He moderated, didn't feel any need any need to explain himself"....you have NO idea how funny and naive that is...:D

okay, so educate me. What explanation do you think he owes you and why?

Mika
11-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Dude, if you don't get it, you don't get it. Plain and simple.

I could ask you why on Earth did you have to post what you posted - before anyone else had posted anything, but I won't, it seems too obvious anyways.

I be tired of this here thing, everything I needed to know is already out there, so I be fine wit all dat.

I still love y'all, so it's all good :cool:

Peace out :)

Mika

David Jamieson
11-14-2004, 10:27 AM
hahaha. so, you mods gettin the picture now? lol. It takes a while before it starts to pour, but eventually the rain will fall.

I was getting to the point where my most heartfelt reply to these types of queries or posts were simply "rtfr"

similar to rtfm, but more in line with this forum. :p

Mika, rtfr and quit griping. any mod or admin can delete and toss your junk for any reaosn they want. They don't have to or need to explain anything to you. Not being mean to you, just telling you that it's THEIR forum, not yours and you are an INVITED GUEST not a going concern.

cheers

Mika
11-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Exactly, and that was my point all along. Of course, the consensus shouldn't surprise anyone either - hence the reputation (a quote from last night in chat "somewhere else": 'A poor excuse for an online "community" ').

"Can do whatever they want"...:rolleyes: - yup, that's the way to promote "an online community", bring people together in harmony, not to mention a great way to sell publications, videos, and other merchandise. The word has been out for a looooong time, though, so it's business as usual.

Oh yeah, btw, it's not considered the "standard". Seen enough of these boards to be quite sure of that. Forums open to all with no specific topic area and that are run by 15-year olds don't really count...

They've got you covered like a jimmy hat...:D

I have even more reason to post now. I am just getting warmed up, and I is having a merry old tyme here now. Outside looking in...:D

SevenStar
11-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Dude, if you don't get it, you don't get it. Plain and simple.

I could ask you why on Earth did you have to post what you posted - before anyone else had posted anything, but I won't, it seems too obvious anyways.

naturally, it was obvious. posting about that, online...it was asking for a huge ruckus.

as for your question, it's not an issue of not getting it, it's just odd that you think anyone hear actually owes you something...

ah well. Anyway, on to the next topic.

David Jamieson
11-14-2004, 02:24 PM
yup, that's the way to promote "an online community"

lol, and posting about how race effects IQ is gonna make a lot of communal stuff happen too. lol

man, people always play the community card when they are not being productive members of a community they are trying to get into.

Hey can you say "hypocrite"? :p

com·mu·ni·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-myn-t)
n. pl. com·mu·ni·ties

A group of people living in the same locality and under the same government.
The district or locality in which such a group lives.

A group of people having common interests: the scientific community; the international business community.
A group viewed as forming a distinct segment of society: the gay community; the community of color.

Similarity or identity: a community of interests.
Sharing, participation, and fellowship.

I guess we just aren't that interested in some information as we are in others, but then as a member of this community, I can only speak for myself :D